STWA Mafia DP1: Set The World Afire

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:16:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Rules:

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. Officially, "Vote to lynch X" should be said, but anything along the lines of "Vote X", "Lynch X", etc. is fine.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch. The day phase officially ends when I declare it as such. We will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I (Or any player I appoint) am (is) online and able to confirm a majority vote. Once the day officially ends, no more (strategic) discussion. It'd be best to refrain from most discussion in general. If a player receives all of the votes required, it will not matter if any more votes are cast or taken back, however, special exceptions based on my perception of the situation may be made.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs we have started. That includes Facebook, the dinner table or anywhere else. We will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretense that it is "official," confirm that we are on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the day phase threads, though they are allowed to participate in any official PM's. We will let uninformative comments slide such as, "Avenge me, townies!" However, if you reveal information that gives a demonstrable edge to either side, we will punish the party to which you were affiliated. For instance, if you were mafia, were killed, and said something too revealing from your grave, then the mafia will lose their next night phase. The same goes for townies.

5. You ARE allowed to copy PM's word for word but not allowed to take a picture of it and post it. But beware I may have made mistakes in the role descriptions.

6. Be courteous to your fellow players. This game loses fun if you are inconsiderate to others, whether by direct abuse or simply by not showing up. This game is most fun when players, well, play. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know. We reserve the right to replace any player who isn't active.

7. You may communicate with me directly via the PMs with any questions, comments or concerns. You are also responsible for submitting your night actions to us in a timely manner. Additionally, if any questions are directed to the moderators in the day phase thread, you may ask me there publicly as well as via PM (to ensure that I respond to it quickly in the thread for everyone).

8. You can reveal your role and your character, although in the early stages of the game it is not advisable.

9. The stories may or may not help. It depends on how I feel, but they will all be true.

10. Time limit's will be flexible, and changeable, a standard 3 day-day phase limit and 2 day night phase limit will start, but special exceptions may be made.

11. The townies win when all anti-townies are eliminated. The any given anti-townies win when it is mathematically impossible for them to lose. Any additional winning criteria will be specified in your role PM.

12. If you are inactive you will be replaced. I accept lurking as a strategy, but neglecting your role will lead to a replacement.

Note: Each day phase will be named after a (usually Metal) song of my choosing, which will reflect on in-game actions.

Players:

1. theLwerd
2. Vi_verihot
3. AlexRae
4. Koopin
5. Wjmelements
6. AlexH
7. badger
8. Octo-Sac
9. Puck
10. JBlake
11. Nags
12. mongoose
13. xxdarkxx
14. mongeese
15. Zetsubou
16. SportsGuru
17. feverish
18. InsertNameHere
19. KorashK
20. Adamant1
21. tvellalott
22. LeafRod
23. Ibap
24. Ninja_Tru
25. Mr_Jack_Nickson

Story:

World War 3?

After officially breaking diplomatic relations with he majority of nations in the West and withdrawing from the UN, China has threatened immediate military action. Supported by it's allies, China claims it intends to end western bigotry towards non-democratic regimes. All countries have been placed on high alert and some Asian countries have entered a state of emergency.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be back on this 12 hours at the latest. I am assuming people are mature enough to enforce a \Day Phase if there's a lynch. 13 votes are required for a lynch.

This game ends 12pm Saturday 7th August (GMT). Happy scum-hunting!

inb4 first poster is Mafia
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:33:43 PM
At 8/4/2010 4:24:09 PM, JBlake wrote:
RNG = 17 (feverish)

http://www.debate.org...

You know the drill.

Not verifiable. You could have done this a million times and only taken the screenshot you wanted.

=====

http://www.gaiaonline.com...

NagsDDO generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 15!

15. Zetsubou

Vote to lynch Zetsubou.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:34:51 PM
Vote Count:

Feverish: 3/13 Votes Required (Sportguru, JBlake, InsertNameHere)

Zetsubou: 1/13 Votes Required (Nags)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:35:10 PM
At 8/4/2010 4:33:43 PM, Nags wrote:
At 8/4/2010 4:24:09 PM, JBlake wrote:
RNG = 17 (feverish)

http://www.debate.org...

You know the drill.

Not verifiable. You could have done this a million times and only taken the screenshot you wanted.

=====

http://www.gaiaonline.com...

NagsDDO generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 15!

15. Zetsubou

Vote to lynch Zetsubou.

and how is this one verifiable?
signature
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:38:21 PM
Why is your RNG site more reliable?

I've used that before and there were no problems... Is it good enough if I promise that I did not do it until I found a number I wanted?

We have a bit of momentum already. But if people want to switch over I will too.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:40:07 PM
At 8/4/2010 4:38:21 PM, JBlake wrote:
Read before you post.

I've used that before and there were no problems... Is it good enough if I promise that I did not do it until I found a number I wanted?
Promises aren't quite good enough. That much should be obvious.

We have a bit of momentum already. But if people want to switch over I will too.
Translation: If people want to bandwagon, I will bandwagon too.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:40:46 PM
Lynch Zets

I would have supported this even w/o a random lynch. L's method is better than a random.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:41:19 PM
At 8/4/2010 4:40:28 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Who here plans being on for a few more hours (~5)? I need someone to keep count.

I can.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:41:55 PM
At 8/4/2010 4:40:07 PM, Nags wrote:
At 8/4/2010 4:38:21 PM, JBlake wrote:
Read before you post.

I was already replying when yours came up. I have noted the website for future use.

I know. It was mostly a joke because this game is based on lying.

Yes. That is exactly what we do in the beginning. I don't see a problem.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:42:15 PM
At 8/4/2010 4:41:19 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/4/2010 4:40:28 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Who here plans being on for a few more hours (~5)? I need someone to keep count.

I can.

Korashk it is.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:43:14 PM
At 8/4/2010 4:41:55 PM, JBlake wrote:
I was already replying when yours came up. I have noted the website for future use.

Ok.

I know. It was mostly a joke because this game is based on lying.

I hope so. :P

Yes. That is exactly what we do in the beginning. I don't see a problem.

We pressure based on an rng, we don't bandwagon. Pretty big difference.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:45:52 PM
Vote Count:

Feverish: 3/13 Votes Required (Sportguru, JBlake, InsertNameHere)

Zetsubou: 2/13 Votes Required (Nags, Korashk)
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:46:53 PM
It is the same thing. We bandwagon onto the person chosen by the RNG so that we build enough momentum to pressure them for a reveal.

Unvote, Lynch Zets.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:49:57 PM
The typical DDO DP1 strategy has succeeded many times in the past.

VTL Zets
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:50:48 PM
Vote Count:

Feverish: 2/13 Votes Required (Sportguru, InsertNameHere)

Zetsubou: 4/13 Votes Required (Nags, Korashk, JBlake, Koopin)

Well, ladies and gents, I'm off for the night, Korashk is keeping count. I'll be back in ~12 hours to see the sh!tstorm.

If needs be I grant Korashk permission to create an extension thread if this thread exceeds 200 posts.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 4:51:16 PM
Vote Count:

Feverish: 2/13 Votes Required (Sportguru, InsertNameHere)

Zetsubou: 5/13 Votes Required (Nags, Korashk, JBlake, Koopin, Wjmelements)
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 5:08:01 PM
At 8/4/2010 5:03:36 PM, badger wrote:
he hasn't been online in two days though.. how about another rng to possibly speed things up a bit?

Hmm, you're very reluctant to vote for Zets.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2010 5:09:36 PM
At 8/4/2010 5:08:01 PM, Nags wrote:
At 8/4/2010 5:03:36 PM, badger wrote:
he hasn't been online in two days though.. how about another rng to possibly speed things up a bit?

Hmm, you're very reluctant to vote for Zets.

The game is afoot Mr Watson.