Jump to topic:

Puffery Thread

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 8:40:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Make exaggeratedly false compliments about the person above you.

For purposes of this thread, the first person to post after me may chose to compliment anyone of their choosing -meaning that they need not compliment me, specifically.

Go.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 11:55:13 PM
At 5/2/2015 8:40:36 PM, YYW wrote:

For purposes of this thread, the first person to post after me may chose to compliment anyone of their choosing -meaning that they need not compliment me, specifically.

Go.

I can't give you exaggerated compliments...you are already maximally wonderful.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 12:14:29 AM
At 5/2/2015 11:55:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Go.

I will think of exaggerated compliments for you, even though you're already perfect for me ;)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 12:21:25 AM
At 5/3/2015 12:14:29 AM, YYW wrote:

Go.

I will think of exaggerated compliments for you, even though you're already perfect for me ;)

I love you.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 12:23:07 AM
At 5/3/2015 12:21:25 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Go.

I love you.

I love you too <3
Tsar of DDO
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 2:43:40 AM
At 5/3/2015 12:23:07 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/3/2015 12:21:25 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Go.

I love you.

I love you too <3

Omg....f*cking adorable...
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:51:37 AM
My how the standards on DDO have plumeted
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:54:01 AM
At 5/3/2015 7:51:37 AM, sadolite wrote:

You are incredibly great at posting your opinion.
Ashton
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:58:19 AM
At 5/3/2015 7:54:01 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Ya that's what this place is for. Posting opinions and the exchange of ideas. Supposedly.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:02:37 AM
At 5/3/2015 7:58:19 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/3/2015 7:54:01 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Ya that's what this place is for. Posting opinions and the exchange of ideas. Supposedly.

You know, I am going to buy DDO from juggle.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 10:50:55 AM

You continue to enrich DDO with your contributions.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 11:22:22 AM
At 5/3/2015 10:50:55 AM, YYW wrote:

Hes so gay he shts out cupcakes and rainbows that taste like a unicorns cum.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 1:51:01 PM

Ya, as if this thread is a contribution. To guys telling each other how much they love each other. Hardly the proper place or for such gag worthy.....................

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 2:15:30 PM
At 5/3/2015 1:51:01 PM, sadolite wrote:

Ya, as if this thread is a contribution. To guys telling each other how much they love each other. Hardly the proper place or for such gag worthy.....................

You demonstrate minimally adequate competence in the way of determining what constitutes good contributions.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 3:05:50 PM
At 5/3/2015 11:22:22 AM, Mikal wrote:

Hes so gay he shts out cupcakes and rainbows that taste like a unicorns cum.

Mikal is so adventurous, he knows what unicorn cum tastes like.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 3:09:44 PM
At 5/3/2015 2:15:30 PM, YYW wrote:

You demonstrate minimally adequate competence in the way of determining what constitutes good contributions.

He's just jelly because he has nothing to gag on
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:20:13 PM

Yes yes yes. Two gay guys telling each other they love each other on a debate site is adequate. I stand corrected. The feelings of the homosexual trump all intellectual discussion.

phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:34:53 PM
At 5/3/2015 8:20:13 PM, sadolite wrote:

Yes yes yes. Two gay guys telling each other they love each other on a debate site is adequate. I stand corrected. The feelings of the homosexual trump all intellectual discussion.

Your implied standards of the DDO forums are truly a site to behold. I believe in your vision for a brighter, more prosperous future.
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 8:58:01 PM
At 5/3/2015 8:34:53 PM, phiLockeraptor wrote:

Your implied standards of the DDO forums are truly a site to behold. I believe in your vision for a brighter, more prosperous future.

You're a nice person
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:51:30 PM
At 5/3/2015 8:58:01 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

You're a nice person

Your high degree of righteous moral judgement leaves me no choice but to kneel down before you, with a feeling that is hard to distinguish between utter fear and complete arousal.
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 10:51:46 PM
I'll just mention some of the people that have posted in this thread.

YYW is one of the nicest, most sincere people in the history of DDO. While some members are known to act like a$$holes on occasion, YYW is a guy who has never acted aggressively or condescendingly towards anyone, no matter how stupid they or their ideas may be. Even controversial members like Badger and Wrichcirw, who constantly faced criticism from the majority of the site userbase, were able to find a good friend through YYW's pleasant and patient attitude towards them. And those guys definitely deserved the unconditional love and affection he provided.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 10:52:00 PM
Bsh is a guy who I've always admired because of his exceedingly high level of self-confidence. It seems that not a week goes by without Bsh publicly reminding the community that he considers himself the best debater on the site, and that the idea of him not even being in the top 10 is laughable. Bsh is so confident in his abilities that he publicly raged when he was voted into one of the recent Hall of Fame lists, insisting that he should have been inducted over a year and a half ago. While its true that his ramblings can sometimes come across as arrogant, most people are able to appreciate someone who's confident enough to believe that they're truly the best user on the site in all aspects.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 10:52:12 PM
Like YYW, Sadolite is known for being very friendly and cordial with any person, regardless of personality. In particular, Sadolite has an extremely high level of respect for today's youth. Many forum threads are filled with Sadolite's musings on how this generation of children and teenagers is far superior to his own, and that he only wishes he could have grown up in the modern era. His never-ending compliments of the site's young members, along with his well-publicized friendship with Imabench, has made Sadolite one of the most respected members of DDO.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 10:52:29 PM
Mikal has done many great things for DDO. His extremely mature level of conduct towards the end of his presidential term proved once and for all that the role of the presidency is absolutely necessary for the survival of the site and should never be abolished under any circumstances. Mikal should also be a role model for perseverance. Despite being on the site for almost two years and completing over 275 debates, he still hasn't managed to climb any higher than the third page of the Leaderboad. But that hasn't stopped Mikal from trying to climb the ranks anymore than his devastating loss to RoyLatam did. He works tirelessly to pass Philochristos on the leaderboard and will never give up until he achieves his goal. Lastly, Mikal has a very clean sense of humor, and on a site filled with young people who make dirty jokes, Mikal has maintained that you should never let go of your innocence and is frequently seen advocating for abstinence in the personal forum. He is truly something.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 11:02:22 PM
At 5/3/2015 10:52:12 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Like YYW, Sadolite is known for being very friendly and cordial with any person, regardless of personality. In particular, Sadolite has an extremely high level of respect for today's youth. Many forum threads are filled with Sadolite's musings on how this generation of children and teenagers is far superior to his own, and that he only wishes he could have grown up in the modern era. His never-ending compliments of the site's young members, along with his well-publicized friendship with Imabench, has made Sadolite one of the most respected members of DDO.

BlackVoid has perfected sardonic praise into a high art form. He's a one-man Algonquin Round Table.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 11:28:20 PM
#mikal
Always makes me happy when I'm feeling like sh*t
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 4:17:19 PM
At 5/3/2015 9:51:30 PM, phiLockeraptor wrote:

You're a nice person

Your high degree of righteous moral judgement leaves me no choice but to kneel down before you, with a feeling that is hard to distinguish between utter fear and complete arousal.

How do you extrapolate morality into the equation? It's simply gag on a spoon stuff. I love you schnookums. Bwahahahahah

9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 6:14:58 PM
At 5/4/2015 4:17:19 PM, sadolite wrote:

You're a nice person

How do you extrapolate morality into the equation? It's simply gag on a spoon stuff. I love you schnookums. Bwahahahahah

You are a debater.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:33:56 PM
At 5/4/2015 6:14:58 PM, 9spaceking wrote:

You're a nice person

You are a debater.

Debating is nothing more than avoiding reality and refusing to address a problem or issue in a way that will solve it or work regardless of how it will piss some people off. Solving issues and problems means pissing the people off who cause the issues and problems. Hence they debate.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:38:30 PM
At 5/4/2015 7:33:56 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/4/2015 6:14:58 PM, 9spaceking wrote:

You're a nice person

You are a debater.

Debating is nothing more than avoiding reality and refusing to address a problem or issue in a way that will solve it or work regardless of how it will piss some people off. Solving issues and problems means pissing the people off who cause the issues and problems. Hence they debate.

Take Baltimore for instance. Is there really any doubt why there is so much poverty and crime? The solutions that will solve Baltimores poverty stricken are obvious to me, but that will have to be debated for at least 5 or 6 years or until people forget about Baltimore. Problem solved.