Jump to topic:

The Best of Urban Dictionary; by DDO

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2015 10:35:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Post the best/your favorite Urban Dictionary definition/article below.

I'm very interested in what you all select.

lulz
Tsar of DDO
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 2:27:05 AM
At 5/6/2015 10:35:00 PM, YYW wrote:
Post the best/your favorite Urban Dictionary definition/article below.

I'm very interested in what you all select.

lulz

Debate:

Today, a form of intellectual self-masturbation in which one attempts to scale an ivory tower in the shortest time possible. Policy debate was founded in 1957 in an attempt to disguise the throes of the real world with dignified, "intellectual" switch-side arguments. The framers intended it to allow young people to become more active in the world around them and encourage them to do something to help the ailing world. Instead, debaters made the activity into a competition of who could spew the most statistics, impacts, horribly damnable effects/results, screaming evidence at cutthroat speed, and modern debate sprouted as a result. Debate resides close to the top of the proverbial "ivory tower", as the real world gets translated into evidence and impacts, statistics and "strats" to win tournaments. Those who participate for the fun of it are exempt from this definition; it is only applicable to debate when it is applied as a critical theory that can "benefit the world".

http://www.urbandictionary.com...

Alternatively, Debate.org:

A place to go on the Internet to go and look up arguments of your favorite topics and harass people who don't believe what you do.

http://www.urbandictionary.com...
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 9:02:45 PM
"Fall on the grenade"

Hot chicks always hang out in groups. There is always one she-beast in a group of hot chicks. That's the grenade. The grenade's job is to cock block for her hot friends... if the grenade ain't gettin love, the hot chicks ain't either!
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%