Jump to topic:

Male homosexuality vs female homosexuality

Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:46:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is there a difference in your opinion between male and female homosexuality?

My opinion: yes. What's your opinion?

Please no attacks against homosexuals on this thread; a yes or no answer will be fine.

Peace.
"La, la, la. Whatever. La, la, la. It doesn't matter. La, la, la. Oh well. La, la, la..."
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 1:26:43 AM
Why do you think there's a difference?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 5:18:36 AM
At 5/17/2015 1:26:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:

There just seems to be difference, when I come across images of each...not saying more or less than that.
"La, la, la. Whatever. La, la, la. It doesn't matter. La, la, la. Oh well. La, la, la..."
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 5:20:27 AM

(EDIT - I hit wrong button before editing was finished)

I wont make the discussion critical; I'll just say there seems to be a difference to me.
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 5:55:11 AM
I just reread my last post and it now sounds like something I didn't mean...an "edit" button would be nice on this site lol...

If an "edit" button was available, I'd edit my last post to:

Just interested in yes or no answers...to me: yes, they are different somehow.
Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 7:14:54 AM
At 5/16/2015 7:46:08 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

Please no attacks against homosexuals on this thread; a yes or no answer will be fine.

Peace.
Well, biologically speaking, the male homosexual brain has characteristics normally associated with female brains and the female homosexual brain has characteristics normally associated with male brains. Male brains have a less symmetrical brain, favoring the right half, while female brains are more symmetrical-- you see a similar pattern in female and male homosexuals, respectively.

So, lesbians tend to have more masculine personalities as compared to average females, while gays are typically more feminine (of course, these are just generalizations). This could certainly lead to differences in their respective styles of dress, hobbies, etc.
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 7:32:13 AM
Well, biologically speaking, the male homosexual brain has characteristics normally associated with female brains and the female homosexual brain has characteristics normally associated with male brains. Male brains have a less symmetrical brain, favoring the right half, while female brains are more symmetrical-- you see a similar pattern in female and male homosexuals, respectively.

So, lesbians tend to have more masculine personalities as compared to average females, while gays are typically more feminine (of course, these are just generalizations). This could certainly lead to differences in their respective styles of dress, hobbies, etc.

I see...so is the actual homosexual act between male homosexuals & female homosexuals different to you in any way other than biologically?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 9:23:25 AM
At 5/16/2015 7:46:08 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

Peace.

Saying there is a difference makes you a bigot.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 9:54:25 AM

No, I didn't say that I hate anyone...that would be a FALSE inference, Sir...I was speaking purely scientifically about any difference.

I don't hate or dislike anyone based on their sexual preference...you have made a VERY FALSE inference.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:17:45 AM
At 5/17/2015 9:54:25 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

No, I didn't say that I hate anyone...that would be a FALSE inference, Sir...I was speaking purely scientifically about any difference.

I don't hate or dislike anyone based on their sexual preference...you have made a VERY FALSE inference.

I didn't say you hated anyone. I said that if you infer there is a difference between gay men and gay women that makes you a bigot. It's the same thing as saying there is a difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals or heterosexual men and woman blacks and whites you name it.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:26:04 AM
At 5/17/2015 10:17:45 AM, sadolite wrote:

I didn't say you hated anyone. I said that if you infer there is a difference between gay men and gay women that makes you a bigot. It's the same thing as saying there is a difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals or heterosexual men and woman blacks and whites you name it.

Not necessarily, asking about is there a difference in the melanin content of Blacks and Whites does not make you a bigot...that is a purely scientific question...no feelings of "hate" or "dislike" are involved in that question. Inferring that the question is meant hatefully or antagonistically is just that, A FAULTY INFERENCE.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:31:02 AM
At 5/17/2015 10:26:04 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:
At 5/17/2015 10:17:45 AM, sadolite wrote:

Not necessarily, asking about is there a difference in the melanin content of Blacks and Whites does not make you a bigot...that is a purely scientific question...no feelings of "hate" or "dislike" are involved in that question. Inferring that the question is meant hatefully or antagonistically is just that, A FAULTY INFERENCE.

I beg to differ. I have been lambasted to no end on this site for pointing out differences of any kind among gays and straits blacks and whites you name it. Any intellectually honest person knows there are vast differences but it is politically incorrect to discuss it. Everyone is the same if you know whats good for you.

Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:44:22 AM
I beg to differ. I have been lambasted to no end on this site for pointing out differences of any kind among gays and straits blacks and whites you name it. Any intellectually honest person knows there are vast differences but it is politically incorrect to discuss it. Everyone is the same if you know whats good for you.

Lololol...my point to all was that my query was meant scientifically for those who have seen images of male homosexuality and images of female homosexuality...any inference that I hate or dislike anyone who engages in homosexuality is just that, A FALSE AND FAULTY INFERENCE.

Peace.
Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:46:39 AM
At 5/17/2015 7:32:13 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

I see...so is the actual homosexual act between male homosexuals & female homosexuals different to you in any way other than biologically?
I don't know if I understand your question: do you mean if there are other ways the two are different in behavior? Like lesbian vs gay culture or are you talking about the physical sexual acts?
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:54:56 AM
I don't know if I understand your question: do you mean if there are other ways the two are different in behavior? Like lesbian vs gay culture or are you talking about the physical sexual acts?

I meant for those who have seen images of male homosexuality and images of female homosexuality (both images very common on televison these days,) do the different images have a different affect on you, scientifically speaking of course?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 10:55:36 AM
At 5/17/2015 10:44:22 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

Lololol...my point to all was that my query was meant scientifically for those who have seen images of male homosexuality and images of female homosexuality...any inference that I hate or dislike anyone who engages in homosexuality is just that, A FALSE AND FAULTY INFERENCE.

Peace.

"any inference that I hate or dislike anyone who engages in homosexuality is just that, A FALSE AND FAULTY INFERENCE." I could say the same thing, but it doesn't matter, your a bigot.

Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 11:00:39 AM
At 5/17/2015 10:54:56 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

I meant for those who have seen images of male homosexuality and images of female homosexuality (both images very common on televison these days,) do the different images have a different affect on you, scientifically speaking of course?
Like emotional responses that one gets from seeing images of female vs. male homosexuals? Not really.
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 11:04:08 AM
"any inference that I hate or dislike anyone who engages in homosexuality is just that, A FALSE AND FAULTY INFERENCE." I could say the same thing, but it doesn't matter, your a bigot.

For the last time Sir and I will ignore you after this, I do not hate or dislike ANYONE based on their sexual preference.
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 11:08:05 AM
Like emotional responses that one gets from seeing images of female vs. male homosexuals? Not really.

Yes, strictly that scientifically is what I meant.

Thank you for your answer.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 3:49:39 PM
At 5/17/2015 5:18:36 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

There just seems to be difference, when I come across images of each...not saying more or less than that.

That's far to cryptic to be helpful.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 5:40:50 PM
At 5/17/2015 11:04:08 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

For the last time Sir and I will ignore you after this, I do not hate or dislike ANYONE based on their sexual preference.

Ya, I said the same thing, it didn't matter, you are a bigot.

Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:09:20 PM

Yes Sir, I was really asking about this, though I articulated my query very poorly, in terms of people who have witnessed images of male homosexuality and images of female homosexuality like perhaps on a TV show like "Will & Grace." They have had characters engaging in same-sex kissing from each gender, so I really meant, do seeing images of male homosexuality affect you differently than seeing images of female homosexuality?...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:10:53 PM
At 5/17/2015 6:09:20 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

Yes Sir, I was really asking about this, though I articulated my query very poorly, in terms of people who have witnessed images of male homosexuality and images of female homosexuality like perhaps on a TV show like "Will & Grace." They have had characters engaging in same-sex kissing from each gender, so I really meant, do seeing images of male homosexuality affect you differently than seeing images of female homosexuality?...

Well, since I am gay, guys kissing is naturally more arousing than girls kissing, but that's it.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:22:39 PM
Well, since I am gay, guys kissing is naturally more arousing than girls kissing, but that's it.

I see...thank you bsh1:)...I'm hetero and for me two women kissing is especially arousing for some reason LOL
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:23:21 PM
At 5/17/2015 6:22:39 PM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:

I see...thank you bsh1:)...I'm hetero and for me two women kissing is especially arousing for some reason LOL

Make sense, lol.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:26:25 PM
Make sense, lol.

Yes Sir lolol
TruthS4yer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 7:12:17 PM
At 5/17/2015 10:31:02 AM, sadolite wrote:
I'm relatively new to the site but I hope that isn't the case, though there is a big difference between being lambasted and being censored so I hope it is truly the former and not the latter.

To answer the OP, there is a difference between any two different things. Whether or not those differences are relevant depends upon the context in which they are being evaluated.
Please avoid quoting all of large posts - it needlessly means we have to scroll through them to navigate a thread.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 7:26:17 PM

Disregard Sadolite. He's DDO's Resident Socially-Backwards Jackass.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:15:21 PM
To answer the OP, there is a difference between any two different things. Whether or not those differences are relevant depends upon the context in which they are being evaluated.

True.

My query was worded very poorly as far as expressing what I was really asking about...
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:18:56 PM
Disregard Sadolite. He's DDO's Resident Socially-Backwards Jackass.

Will do:)...