Jump to topic:

Can we beat global warming?

Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 3:36:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If it exists (I think it DOES) exist) almost every country which has a coast is under the risk of suffering from the rise of the sea level. Now, I am thing and I do not these are possible or not but if you know please answer and demonstrate.

Imagina, New York, Miami, Cuba, Califorrnia, Maldives, phillippines and e.t.c disappeared from the map and no longer can be used, because they are under the ocean now.

Can humanity create a new channel into africa or somewhere to the places which are below sea level and form a new sea or something like Panama.

Sahara is a great desert, if it has parts below sea level, can they be used for this purpose? I do not think this will be expensive if THE countries unite and form a budget.

It, unification and formation of states, may seem something utopia but when they are face to face with such a risk, I think they will do it in order to survive. Then for them this will not be expensive.

Korea, china, USA, russia, france, Great Britain, entire americas, majority of them are powerfull states and if they gather money, it wont be expensive for them. If water from oceans flow to such places we can prevet sea level from rising.

Are these possible or impossible?
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 3:37:14 PM
At 5/19/2015 3:36:28 PM, Artur wrote:
If it exists (I think it DOES) exist) almost every country which has a coast is under the risk of suffering from the rise of the sea level. Now, I am thing and I do not these are possible or not but if you know please answer and demonstrate.

Imagina, New York, Miami, Cuba, Califorrnia, Maldives, phillippines and e.t.c disappeared from the map and no longer can be used, because they are under the ocean now.

Can humanity create a new channel into africa or somewhere to the places which are below sea level and form a new sea or something like Panama.

Sahara is a great desert, if it has parts below sea level, can they be used for this purpose? I do not think this will be expensive if THE countries unite and form a budget.

It, unification and formation of states, may seem something utopia but when they are face to face with such a risk, I think they will do it in order to survive. Then for them this will not be expensive.

Korea, china, USA, russia, france, Great Britain, entire americas, majority of them are powerfull states and if they gather money, it wont be expensive for them. If water from oceans flow to such places we can prevet sea level from rising.

It's not truely real.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 3:51:59 PM
(I think it DOES)
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
TruthS4yer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 6:03:24 PM
You realise the Sahara desert covers a bunch of countries through right? At least some of them are crappy ones however, such as Egpyt or Sudan (I'll look forward to the hate I'll get for that).

You propose an interesting idea anyhow and certainly Africa would likely be the continent to get screwed if any. I believe it would require large, relatively continuous areas of the Sahara to be under sea level however (already) and I'm not sure how much of it is. I tried to find a map of sea level height but couldn't. As long as large areas are already under sea level though, I don't see why an artificial channel couldn't be built to them... would still be a big task however.

A better solution, though it may be too late now, would be for humans to stop breeding excessively and start reducing their population globally as rapidly as possible without serious side-effects such as not having a large enough portion of the population being workers.

This would massively reduce future anthropogenic climate change, while also allowing those living in flood-planes to move inland... likewise for those living on major fault lines etc (no Nepalese earthquake drama for example). It would have large numbers of other possible benefits too and no major disadvantages that I can currently conceive of.

Other than that, be less materialistic, buy less tat, switch cars for bicycles (and decent public transport) and humanity should hopefully be good to go.
Please avoid quoting all of large posts - it needlessly means we have to scroll through them to navigate a thread.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 9:48:13 AM
At 5/19/2015 6:34:57 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
It would be interesting if all of a sudden the northern 90% of Canada suddenly became a paradise haven for humans.

Meaning that it's warm or that it's not drowned yet?

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 10:22:57 AM
At 5/20/2015 9:48:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
It would be interesting if all of a sudden the northern 90% of Canada suddenly became a paradise haven for humans.

Well the average elevation of Canada is 552 feet and the temperatures are way below paradise so...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 10:36:18 AM
At 5/20/2015 10:22:57 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/20/2015 9:48:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Well the average elevation of Canada is 552 feet and the temperatures are way below paradise so...

So more of a Haven then a paradise?

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 1:04:18 PM
Sure we can beat it.

But we do not have to, since the current warming trend is not man made, but rather cyclical. As are most things in Nature.

In fact...did you know that, according to technical climatology terms that we are in an Ice Age right now? While true...it's effects are being curtailed a bit by carbon emissions into the atmosphere, it is upon us and will continue to orchestrate the overall global climate for some time to come. So quit worrying. You'll be fine.

http://iceagenow.info...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 6:47:39 PM
At 5/19/2015 3:37:14 PM, lannan13 wrote:

It's not truely real.

What.
Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 9:36:43 PM
At 5/19/2015 6:03:24 PM, TruthS4yer wrote:
You realise the Sahara desert covers a bunch of countries through right? At least some of them are crappy ones however, such as Egpyt or Sudan (I'll look forward to the hate I'll get for that).

You propose an interesting idea anyhow and certainly Africa would likely be the continent to get screwed if any. I believe it would require large, relatively continuous areas of the Sahara to be under sea level however (already) and I'm not sure how much of it is.
Sahara was just an example, dont focus on sahara only. any place below sea level could have been used.
I tried to find a map of sea level height but couldn't. As long as large areas are already under sea level though, I don't see why an artificial channel couldn't be built to them... would still be a big task however.

A better solution, though it may be too late now, would be for humans to stop breeding excessively and start reducing their population globally as rapidly as possible without serious side-effects such as not having a large enough portion of the population being workers.

This would massively reduce future anthropogenic climate change, while also allowing those living in flood-planes to move inland... likewise for those living on major fault lines etc (no Nepalese earthquake drama for example). It would have large numbers of other possible benefits too and no major disadvantages that I can currently conceive of.

Other than that, be less materialistic, buy less tat, switch cars for bicycles (and decent public transport) and humanity should hopefully be good to go.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 4:13:24 AM
At 5/20/2015 6:47:39 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

It's not truely real.

What.

It's only a theory.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 5:35:16 AM
At 5/21/2015 4:13:24 AM, lannan13 wrote:

It's not truely real.

What.

It's only a theory.

Un...no. Global climate change is definitely happening. 100%.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:01:03 AM
At 5/21/2015 5:35:16 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

It's not truely real.

What.

It's only a theory.

Climate Change, yes, Global Warming no.

BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 7:29:17 PM
Since when is California underwater????

I went there for Christmas and it was just as it was all the times I've went there before.....
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 7:31:46 PM
At 5/21/2015 8:01:03 AM, lannan13 wrote:

It's not truely real.

What.

It's only a theory.

You've changed from Con to Pro on the Big Issue "Global Warming Exists"...
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 8:32:26 AM
At 5/21/2015 7:31:46 PM, BLAHthedebator wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:01:03 AM, lannan13 wrote:

It's not truely real.

What.

It's only a theory.

You've changed from Con to Pro on the Big Issue "Global Warming Exists"...

That, "Climate Change" exists.