Jump to topic:

Valuable Life Advice

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 2:32:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here it is: Do not ever, under any circumstances - I don't care if it's life or death, or if he's holding your prized copy of Keynes's The General Theory hostage - waive your night kill. Don't pull a Mestari, don't try to be a hero, don't claim bulletproof ex post facto. It won't work, and will only result in your untimely lynch.

That is all.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 2:54:55 PM
At 5/22/2015 2:32:36 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Here it is: Do not ever, under any circumstances - I don't care if it's life or death, or if he's holding your prized copy of Keynes's The General Theory hostage - waive your night kill. Don't pull a Mestari, don't try to be a hero, don't claim bulletproof ex post facto. It won't work, and will only result in your untimely lynch.

That is all.

That is a horrible book.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 2:55:22 PM
At 5/22/2015 2:54:55 PM, lannan13 wrote:

That is all.

That is a horrible book.

NK Lannan

DDO's Economics Messiah
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 2:56:35 PM
At 5/22/2015 2:55:22 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 2:54:55 PM, lannan13 wrote:

That is all.

That is a horrible book.

NK Lannan

His theories are flawed and based off of rediculous and obvious observations. Anyone could've seen that Scandinavia was going to recover the fastest after the war. That's because they weren't affected by the war.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 3:00:12 PM
At 5/22/2015 2:56:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
His theories are flawed and based off of rediculous and obvious observations.

What in particular are you referring to? If you accept anything as intuitive as the AD-AS model - which is, indeed, Hicksian, bastardized Keynesianism - then you buy Keynes.

Anyone could've seen that Scandinavia was going to recover the fastest after the war. That's because they weren't affected by the war.

I agree with this to some effect, but it's beside the point. Are you willing to say that AD doesn't matter? You don't need to support a Sweden-esque expansion of the public sector to think that NGDP shocks are important.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 6:34:59 PM

That is all.

I've done it before with great results. It entirely depends on the situation.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 6:39:23 PM
At 5/22/2015 6:34:59 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

That is all.

I'd love to hear the full scenario(s).

DDO's Economics Messiah
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 6:59:58 PM
At 5/22/2015 6:39:23 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

That is all.

Here one that I've just made up:

4 players remaining, the townies have either confirmed their roles or you've rolecopped them or whatever, and you know that there's no doc. The DP ends, you waive, and then the next DP you claim that you're doc and you protected yourself. That's a huge help.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

~ YYW
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 7:05:00 PM
At 5/22/2015 6:59:58 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

That is all.

4 players remaining, the townies have either confirmed their roles or you've rolecopped them or whatever, and you know that there's no doc. The DP ends, you waive, and then the next DP you claim that you're doc and you protected yourself. That's a huge help.

Fair enough, but if everyone else is confirmed, isn't it nevertheless a toss-up?

One scenario I considered was in an open setup with several BP's. Actually, that's what prompted me to make this thread. I waived the night kill and then claimed to have been hit - because in EM you're told - and still got lynched.

Granted, I fcked up royally, but that's beside the point, lol.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 7:19:00 PM
At 5/22/2015 7:05:00 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

That is all.

Fair enough, but if everyone else is confirmed, isn't it nevertheless a toss-up?
Well, I mean, a doc claim is less likely to be lynched than anyone else, especially if the doc "proved" himself by saving someone.
One scenario I considered was in an open setup with several BP's. Actually, that's what prompted me to make this thread. I waived the night kill and then claimed to have been hit - because in EM you're told - and still got lynched.

Your problem was that you were on EM, lol.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

~ YYW
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 7:20:53 PM
At 5/22/2015 7:19:00 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

That is all.

Well, I mean, a doc claim is less likely to be lynched than anyone else, especially if the doc "proved" himself by saving someone.

Not necessarily, because then that person becomes embroiled in questions of "why didn't you protect X person two night phases ago?" It would require retroactively justifying past "decisions."

That may be the case.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 7:24:29 PM
At 5/22/2015 7:20:53 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

That is all.

Not necessarily, because then that person becomes embroiled in questions of "why didn't you protect X person two night phases ago?" It would require retroactively justifying past "decisions."
That's better than claiming vanilla or whatever else in that situation.

That may be the case.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

~ YYW
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 7:25:41 PM
At 5/22/2015 7:24:29 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/22/2015 7:20:53 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

That is all.

That's better than claiming vanilla or whatever else in that situation.

I mean, a lot of things are better than claiming vanilla, lol. You could insert any Mestari fake claim, and that would be better than claiming vanilla.

That may be the case.

DDO's Economics Messiah