Total Posts:75|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

AMA, nac

lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 4:45:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Again?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 4:48:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:45:54 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Again?

Yes.

I haven't done one of these in ages.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 4:49:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:48:20 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:45:54 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Again?

Yes.

I haven't done one of these in ages.

How long?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 4:50:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:49:22 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:48:20 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:45:54 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Again?

Yes.

I haven't done one of these in ages.

How long?

Long, long ago.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 5:10:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:49:22 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:48:20 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:45:54 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Again?

Yes.

I haven't done one of these in ages.

How long?

At least two weeks
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 5:18:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:50:02 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:49:22 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:48:20 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:45:54 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Again?

Yes.

I haven't done one of these in ages.

How long?

Long, long ago.

In a Galaxy far away?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 5:44:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 5:18:09 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:50:02 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:49:22 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:48:20 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:45:54 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Again?

Yes.

I haven't done one of these in ages.

How long?

Long, long ago.

In a Galaxy far away?

Mhm.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 5:45:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 5:10:24 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:49:22 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:48:20 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:45:54 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Again?

Yes.

I haven't done one of these in ages.

How long?

At least two weeks

Much longer than that.

Also, shouldn't you be courting Romanii?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 5:47:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

1. Have you ever been in a physical altercation?
2. Have you ever been in a verbal fight with a stranger?
3. Did you ever experience road rage?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 5:49:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 5:47:40 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

1. Have you ever been in a physical altercation?

Yes, but it was a long time ago.

2. Have you ever been in a verbal fight with a stranger?

Of course, lol. Just check my DDO history.

3. Did you ever experience road rage?

Mhm.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 6:10:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

What does the Dodd-Frank act do?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 6:15:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 6:10:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

What does the Dodd-Frank act do?

It grants the Fed a great scope of regulatory authority over financial institutions - whilst, in the process, neutering its emergency lending facility (at least target, as opposed to broad-based, lending) - and requires financial institutions to submit plans for how they could pursue an orderly dissolution without tanking the entirety of the financial institutions, and the Fed thereafter has the ability to disprove those plans, and set additional capital and leverage requirements. Then it brands certain institutions as "SIFI's" (systemically important financial institutions), and subjects them to a greater degree of regulatory scrutiny in the form of capital and liquidity surcharges.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 6:17:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Any of these interest you? http://www.debate.org...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 6:27:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 6:17:16 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Any of these interest you? http://www.debate.org...

Several, actually, though I haven't much time for a formal debate at this moment.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:15:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What's your favorite dessert?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:22:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Ayn Rand, Ron Paul, and Alan Greenspan

FMK
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:29:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:15:26 PM, Sapphique wrote:
What's your favorite dessert?

That's probably the single hardest question I've been faced with... almost ever.. and I'm in college, for goodness' sake, lol.

I had to actually do lots of long, arduous, glorious (yet unfulfilled, because pixels are intangible) research, and I've come to an extremely hard conclusion:

Something like this: http://wdy.h-cdn.co...
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:31:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:29:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:15:26 PM, Sapphique wrote:
What's your favorite dessert?

That's probably the single hardest question I've been faced with... almost ever.. and I'm in college, for goodness' sake, lol.

I had to actually do lots of long, arduous, glorious (yet unfulfilled, because pixels are intangible) research, and I've come to an extremely hard conclusion:

Something like this: http://wdy.h-cdn.co...

Lol. That looks delicious :P
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:32:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:22:26 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 5/22/2015 4:43:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Title says it all.

Ayn Rand, Ron Paul, and Alan Greenspan

FMK

Aw, God Damn it....

Okay, let's see....

Scenario 1: Kill all three of them.

Scenario 2: Kill Ayn Rand, Marry Ron Paul, move to Texas, buy a gun, and use that gun to gain a second kill... look out, Uncle Greenspan.

Scenario 3: Marry Ayn Rand, and bribe Bossy - i.e., make him become my eternal slave - in exchange for meeting her. He's with her practically 21/7, and is waiting on me the other 3/7. Life is good.

Scenario 4: The moment we've all been waiting for.....

Kill: VTL Ayn Rand

Marry: I guessssssss Uncle Greenspan. He's probably loaded.

Fck: Ron Paul.......... yuckkkkkk. I'll close my eyes.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:34:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:31:45 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:29:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:15:26 PM, Sapphique wrote:
What's your favorite dessert?

That's probably the single hardest question I've been faced with... almost ever.. and I'm in college, for goodness' sake, lol.

I had to actually do lots of long, arduous, glorious (yet unfulfilled, because pixels are intangible) research, and I've come to an extremely hard conclusion:

Something like this: http://wdy.h-cdn.co...

Lol. That looks delicious :P

I know right... there were a few others that looked even better but the links were too long, lol.

Now I'm totally about to go make myself a sundae, and I fully blame you. :P
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:49:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:34:25 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:31:45 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:29:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:15:26 PM, Sapphique wrote:
What's your favorite dessert?

That's probably the single hardest question I've been faced with... almost ever.. and I'm in college, for goodness' sake, lol.

I had to actually do lots of long, arduous, glorious (yet unfulfilled, because pixels are intangible) research, and I've come to an extremely hard conclusion:

Something like this: http://wdy.h-cdn.co...

Lol. That looks delicious :P

I know right... there were a few others that looked even better but the links were too long, lol.

Now I'm totally about to go make myself a sundae, and I fully blame you. :P

Shouldn't you be thanking me? Sundaes are really good.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:55:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:49:33 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:34:25 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:31:45 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:29:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:15:26 PM, Sapphique wrote:
What's your favorite dessert?

That's probably the single hardest question I've been faced with... almost ever.. and I'm in college, for goodness' sake, lol.

I had to actually do lots of long, arduous, glorious (yet unfulfilled, because pixels are intangible) research, and I've come to an extremely hard conclusion:

Something like this: http://wdy.h-cdn.co...

Lol. That looks delicious :P

I know right... there were a few others that looked even better but the links were too long, lol.

Now I'm totally about to go make myself a sundae, and I fully blame you. :P

Shouldn't you be thanking me? Sundaes are really good.

In the very short term (i.e., the next 10 minutes), yes, because they are indeed delicious. After that....not quite, lol.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 10:57:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:55:33 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:49:33 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:34:25 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:31:45 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:29:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:15:26 PM, Sapphique wrote:
What's your favorite dessert?

That's probably the single hardest question I've been faced with... almost ever.. and I'm in college, for goodness' sake, lol.

I had to actually do lots of long, arduous, glorious (yet unfulfilled, because pixels are intangible) research, and I've come to an extremely hard conclusion:

Something like this: http://wdy.h-cdn.co...

Lol. That looks delicious :P

I know right... there were a few others that looked even better but the links were too long, lol.

Now I'm totally about to go make myself a sundae, and I fully blame you. :P

Shouldn't you be thanking me? Sundaes are really good.

In the very short term (i.e., the next 10 minutes), yes, because they are indeed delicious. After that....not quite, lol.

Lol...what's your favorite food?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 11:03:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What got you into economics?

How'd you get banned?

On a scale of 1-10, (10 being the best), what is your opinion of humanity?

If you could ban one member for any period of time (including permanently), who would it be?

y u hate meh
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 11:06:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 10:57:19 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:55:33 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:49:33 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:34:25 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:31:45 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:29:14 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:15:26 PM, Sapphique wrote:
What's your favorite dessert?

That's probably the single hardest question I've been faced with... almost ever.. and I'm in college, for goodness' sake, lol.

I had to actually do lots of long, arduous, glorious (yet unfulfilled, because pixels are intangible) research, and I've come to an extremely hard conclusion:

Something like this: http://wdy.h-cdn.co...

Lol. That looks delicious :P

I know right... there were a few others that looked even better but the links were too long, lol.

Now I'm totally about to go make myself a sundae, and I fully blame you. :P

Shouldn't you be thanking me? Sundaes are really good.

In the very short term (i.e., the next 10 minutes), yes, because they are indeed delicious. After that....not quite, lol.

Lol...what's your favorite food?

Ah, another good question. Before I answer, I need to... take a few precautions to secure the premises (i.e., lock myself in my room to ensure that I can't sneak out and start grilling, lol).

*takes necessary precautions*

Okay, all set.

Honestly, it depends a lot on my mood. There are times where I'd say anything that can be thrown on a grill and burnt to a crisp sounds great, and other times where there's this giant void that can only be filled by a dumpling (or, you know, 10 of them). I suppose I'm obligated by my family background to say that something Italian would probably make this list as well.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 11:09:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/22/2015 11:03:30 PM, RevNge wrote:
What got you into economics?

A really good Macro class my freshmen year of college. I took AP Micro in high school, but it was... sort of watered down and silly.

How'd you get banned?

I mislynched a townie. That townie happened to be an axolotl. That axolotl happened to be a Republican operative. Max wasn't thrilled.

On a scale of 1-10, (10 being the best), what is your opinion of humanity?

pi

If you could ban one member for any period of time (including permanently), who would it be?

There are a few who come to mind, but I'm not enough of an arshole to call someone out by name. I'll leave those kinds of petty, cowardly attacks to them.

y u hate meh

You mislynched me.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2015 12:45:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
How many digits of pi do you know?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2015 8:45:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/23/2015 12:45:26 AM, Sapphique wrote:
How many digits of pi do you know?

Good question...

3.1415926535....

10, though at one point I knew a lot more, lol.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah