Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Return of the Group Project Horror...

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 4:06:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sigh..

The project is due tonight, and thus far:

(1) Spreadsheet - check, I did it.

(2) Report - about 75% done, all of which I did.

I just gave my teammates one small task, which would probably amount to, if it's good, about a half of a page. I'm not confident, though...

Any bets?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:08:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 4:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Sigh..

The project is due tonight, and thus far:

(1) Spreadsheet - check, I did it.

(2) Report - about 75% done, all of which I did.

I just gave my teammates one small task, which would probably amount to, if it's good, about a half of a page. I'm not confident, though...

Any bets?

Dreadful.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:10:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 8:08:45 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 5/25/2015 4:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Sigh..

The project is due tonight, and thus far:

(1) Spreadsheet - check, I did it.

(2) Report - about 75% done, all of which I did.

I just gave my teammates one small task, which would probably amount to, if it's good, about a half of a page. I'm not confident, though...

Any bets?

Dreadful.

Agreed... and it turns out anyone who betted against this fellow actually writing the small piece he said he would write would be right.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:11:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 8:10:35 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:08:45 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 5/25/2015 4:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Sigh..

The project is due tonight, and thus far:

(1) Spreadsheet - check, I did it.

(2) Report - about 75% done, all of which I did.

I just gave my teammates one small task, which would probably amount to, if it's good, about a half of a page. I'm not confident, though...

Any bets?

Dreadful.

Agreed... and it turns out anyone who betted against this fellow actually writing the small piece he said he would write would be right.

Wait, so he didn't actually write the piece?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:14:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 8:11:44 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:10:35 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:08:45 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 5/25/2015 4:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Sigh..

The project is due tonight, and thus far:

(1) Spreadsheet - check, I did it.

(2) Report - about 75% done, all of which I did.

I just gave my teammates one small task, which would probably amount to, if it's good, about a half of a page. I'm not confident, though...

Any bets?

Dreadful.

Agreed... and it turns out anyone who betted against this fellow actually writing the small piece he said he would write would be right.

Wait, so he didn't actually write the piece?

Not yet, lol. He has about a half hour before I start (a) flipping out on him (so far I've only sent him one additional text) or (b) caving, and writing it myself - which isn't even hard, because I've done everything else. Heck, I could write it right now, and would if I weren't trying to finish this bloody appendix, lol.

Then my third partner.... forget it. She hasn't even tried to seem like she cared.

I tried, but failed, to do this project alone, so honestly, the two of them are sort of doing me a favor by coming along for the ride. That's a horrible way to look at it, but alas it's true.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:15:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Oh, and by "failed," I mean the professor required me to work in a group, lol.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:17:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 8:14:48 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:11:44 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:10:35 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:08:45 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 5/25/2015 4:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Sigh..

The project is due tonight, and thus far:

(1) Spreadsheet - check, I did it.

(2) Report - about 75% done, all of which I did.

I just gave my teammates one small task, which would probably amount to, if it's good, about a half of a page. I'm not confident, though...

Any bets?

Dreadful.

Agreed... and it turns out anyone who betted against this fellow actually writing the small piece he said he would write would be right.

Wait, so he didn't actually write the piece?

Not yet, lol. He has about a half hour before I start (a) flipping out on him (so far I've only sent him one additional text) or (b) caving, and writing it myself - which isn't even hard, because I've done everything else. Heck, I could write it right now, and would if I weren't trying to finish this bloody appendix, lol.

Then my third partner.... forget it. She hasn't even tried to seem like she cared.

I tried, but failed, to do this project alone, so honestly, the two of them are sort of doing me a favor by coming along for the ride. That's a horrible way to look at it, but alas it's true.

Group work is almost always a disaster, its a shame.

There always seems to be one who does almost everything, one who does little, one who slacks off, and one who doesn't even participate.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:20:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 8:17:09 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:14:48 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:11:44 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:10:35 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:08:45 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 5/25/2015 4:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Sigh..

The project is due tonight, and thus far:

(1) Spreadsheet - check, I did it.

(2) Report - about 75% done, all of which I did.

I just gave my teammates one small task, which would probably amount to, if it's good, about a half of a page. I'm not confident, though...

Any bets?

Dreadful.

Agreed... and it turns out anyone who betted against this fellow actually writing the small piece he said he would write would be right.

Wait, so he didn't actually write the piece?

Not yet, lol. He has about a half hour before I start (a) flipping out on him (so far I've only sent him one additional text) or (b) caving, and writing it myself - which isn't even hard, because I've done everything else. Heck, I could write it right now, and would if I weren't trying to finish this bloody appendix, lol.

Then my third partner.... forget it. She hasn't even tried to seem like she cared.

I tried, but failed, to do this project alone, so honestly, the two of them are sort of doing me a favor by coming along for the ride. That's a horrible way to look at it, but alas it's true.

Group work is almost always a disaster, its a shame.

I totally agree, and if it's not incompetent group members, it's another thing.. I've been a witness even to the opposite end: strong personalities clashing. I'd probably prefer that, though, to deadbeats.

There always seems to be one who does almost everything, one who does little, one who slacks off, and one who doesn't even participate.

Totally agree, and it's quite sad.. then I feel like a jerk when I do crack the whip, so I do it sparingly. But honestly it's necessary to get some people to move at all.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:30:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 4:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Sigh..

The project is due tonight, and thus far:

(1) Spreadsheet - check, I did it.

(2) Report - about 75% done, all of which I did.

I just gave my teammates one small task, which would probably amount to, if it's good, about a half of a page. I'm not confident, though...

Any bets?

Could be worse.
Your teacher could've given you a full month to make a newspaper in Latin for one fifth of your grade and all your group mates spent that time having sex, playing video games, and getting high. Then when the day before the due date comes, they beg you to edit their articles (still in english) in and add them to the paper. Then when you explain this all to your teacher and get your rightfully deserved A while they get their D's, you get branded an "Ice King",
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 10:58:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My goodness, that was traumatic.....

So, up to the last second, these two were frantically - though, you know, not frantically - trying to finish what I asked them to do... hours ago, and then they couldn't even do that right. I wrote about half of what I asked them to write, as I was sourcing their non-stuff for which there probably wasn't a need for a source.

Then, we finally finished it - though God help us if there's a problem with their minuscule parts, because I didn't have time to proofread, and boom! My e-mail dies.... 10 minutes to the deadline. Thankfully, I wasn't so dumb or beat that I didn't think, "Screw it, I'll send it from gmail," but my goodness... I *never* want to revisit this.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 10:58:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 8:30:50 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/25/2015 4:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Sigh..

The project is due tonight, and thus far:

(1) Spreadsheet - check, I did it.

(2) Report - about 75% done, all of which I did.

I just gave my teammates one small task, which would probably amount to, if it's good, about a half of a page. I'm not confident, though...

Any bets?

Could be worse.
Your teacher could've given you a full month to make a newspaper in Latin for one fifth of your grade and all your group mates spent that time having sex, playing video games, and getting high. Then when the day before the due date comes, they beg you to edit their articles (still in english) in and add them to the paper. Then when you explain this all to your teacher and get your rightfully deserved A while they get their D's, you get branded an "Ice King",

That is pretty bad, actually.. I don't think I can top that.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2015 3:56:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Feed them all Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, I bet that will motivate them.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3