Jump to topic:

Childhood

Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 7:32:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Of course the proper way to celebrate Christ's resurrection is by worshiping a bunny made out of chocolate that lays eggs

and children are often scared of losing their teeth so to calm their fears we tell them that while they are sleeping a mutant with wings comes in and steals unnecessary body parts (I wonder how much I would get if she took my appendix)

I know someone is going to hijack this to prove religion is wrong but I was just struck by the oddity of what we tell children
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 7:35:52 PM
I never understood how the tooth fairy could remove the tooth from under my pillow, replace it with money, all without waking me up.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 7:37:30 PM
At 8/9/2010 7:35:52 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I never understood how the tooth fairy could remove the tooth from under my pillow, replace it with money, all without waking me up.

She has magic dust duh... She buys it in bulk from the North Pole.
kfc
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 7:37:40 PM
Here is another question I have been meaning to ask is Boxxy like the person Freedo likes to stalk or something
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 7:43:25 PM
At 8/9/2010 7:37:40 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
Here is another question I have been meaning to ask is Boxxy like the person Freedo likes to stalk or something

Boxxy is a young lady that likes to post videos of herself on youtube, freedo is obsessed with her. She has quite a fan base though, I dont really get it.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 7:44:12 PM
At 8/9/2010 7:43:25 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Boxxy is a young lady that likes to post videos of herself on youtube, freedo is obsessed with her. She has quite a fan base though, I dont really get it.

Okay thx for the heads up I have been wondering about that for a while

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 7:44:52 PM
At 8/9/2010 7:44:12 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Google is your friend.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 7:45:24 PM
At 8/9/2010 7:44:52 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 8/9/2010 7:44:12 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Google is your friend.

But you guys are too :-)

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2010 7:53:31 PM
Easter is not about celebrating Christ's resurrection. It has nothing to do with Jesus.

""Ishtar", which is pronounced "Easter" was a day that commemorated the resurrection of one of their gods that they called "Tammuz", who was believed to be the only begotten son of the moon-goddess and the sun-god.

"Semiramis became known as "Ishtar" which is pronounced "Easter", and her moon egg became known as "Ishtar´s" egg.

"Ishtar soon became pregnant and claimed that it was the rays of the sun-god Baal that caused her to conceive.

"The son that she brought forth was named Tammuz.

"Tammuz was noted to be especially fond of rabbits, and they became sacred in the ancient religion, because Tammuz was believed to be the son of the sun-god, Baal."

http://www.redicecreations.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2010 9:02:34 AM
At 8/9/2010 7:53:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Easter is not about celebrating Christ's resurrection. It has nothing to do with Jesus.

""Ishtar", which is pronounced "Easter" was a day that commemorated the resurrection of one of their gods that they called "Tammuz", who was believed to be the only begotten son of the moon-goddess and the sun-god.

"Semiramis became known as "Ishtar" which is pronounced "Easter", and her moon egg became known as "Ishtar´s" egg.

"Ishtar soon became pregnant and claimed that it was the rays of the sun-god Baal that caused her to conceive.

"The son that she brought forth was named Tammuz.

"Tammuz was noted to be especially fond of rabbits, and they became sacred in the ancient religion, because Tammuz was believed to be the son of the sun-god, Baal."

http://www.redicecreations.com...

The modern English term Easter developed from the Old English word Ēastre. The name refers to Eostur-monath, a month of the Germanic calendar attested by Bede.

-wiki Easter.
'sup DDO -- july 2013