Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 11:13:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/29/2015 10:57:02 AM, Anna08 wrote:
Do you believe in a conspiracy theory?

Like 9/11, JFK, Moon Landings, etc.

I believe the Nixon-JFK election was rigged for JFK to win.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 11:34:25 AM

Yes! I believe that aliens come everyday and make us forget us seeing them, I believe that aliens caused 9-11, I believe that all astronauts fight aliens ...

Just kidding.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:16:59 PM
At 5/29/2015 3:17:58 PM, Anna08 wrote:
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

They can, at sitting temperature they can't, but while at motion near the speed of sound things get pretty hot.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 8:50:34 PM
I must admit that I find a number of conspiracy theories quite convincing.

Has anyone here read The Tutankhamun Deception?
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 9:04:03 PM

The only conspiracy theory I think is remotely possible is that JFK was killed by the CIA. I wouldnt be suprised if the CIA was responsible and the two main people involved (Oswald and the man who shot Oswald) were killed before they could be interrogated. JFK also threatened to dismantle the organization, and the CIA has proven time and again that they are willing to kill elected official if it suits them. However I see no evidence that the CIA was involved and it was most likely just Oswald.
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 9:35:25 PM
Lady Gaga has a penis, but that's not a conspiracy anymore since it popped out for all to see while she was on stage. Anyone can Youtube it, if you don't believe me. But that gets me thinking, who else is tucking a penis (?) Well, apparently there is a lot of them, and you'd be surprised, like Michelle Obama. But this conspiracy runs deep, and I'm not talking about Barack, no it runs so deep to directions, so many directions you'll get dizzy, and maybe even faint. So keep a shot of adrenalin next to your computer, or better yet, give it to. Because I like that stuff, but not the penis. I'm not talking about the penis. I like my penis, but not in a gay way. It's not like I make love to my penis. I do make love to my penis, but I don't think that's gay. It might...ugh, nevermind. There's nothing to see here.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 3:38:29 PM
I used to be the ultimate conspiracy theorist when I was a kid--like 1st grade through 4th grade age. I thought the whole world was a conspiracy about me, but especially my family were all in on it. I thought everything was kind of arranged as if I were Truman in the Truman show.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 3:55:53 PM

No, I think conspiracy theories are rubbish: a tool used only by loons and charlatans in an effort to enslave the masses monetarily (case in point, Alex Jones).

Now, the one exception is the notion that the entire website is composed of Airmax multis. That's not a conspiracy, but an incontrovertible fact.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 4:01:35 PM

This one: http://en.wikipedia.org...(Washington,_D.C.)
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 10:50:26 PM
Brainwashed neuroscientist James Holmes - Aurora ": http://youtu.be...

James Holmes is an interesting conspiracy because his father, just days before the shooting, was set to testify against the Federal Reserve. Mr. Holmes created an algorithm that cracked the financial system's ponzi scheme. It proved the central bank is rigged, and ripping off the public in a most vile manner. So the government setup the son for murder. Watch the video and see for yourself the details. And pay no attention to the Internet shill down playing obvious conspiracies, because that is their lousy job, done without moral integrity.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 11:37:58 PM
Not any longer. One I used to be very fascinated by revolved the many UFO sightings and alleged incidents, such as the one in Roswell. As one rationalizes all that happened, the excitement fades; it is surely disappointing.
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 12:14:46 AM
Carlos Arredondo - Boston Hero or NWO FRAUD?: http://youtu.be...

Everybody loves America's crisis actors, but nobody works this job better than Carlos Arrdumbdo. First on the scene, while last to help, or do nothing but take all the credit, we don't care b'cause we love you Carlos...but only because the Boston bombing was faker than fake.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 3:46:14 AM

1985 draft lottery, the state of Florida in 2001, 2013 Red Sox title was fixed to help the recovery from the bombings, Saints win over vikings in 2010, 1969 moon landing may have been fake, I have a lot more conspiracies...
Ashton
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 3:58:21 AM
At 5/29/2015 9:35:25 PM, Serato wrote:
Lady Gaga has a penis, but that's not a conspiracy anymore since it popped out for all to see while she was on stage. Anyone can Youtube it, if you don't believe me. But that gets me thinking, who else is tucking a penis (?) Well, apparently there is a lot of them, and you'd be surprised, like Michelle Obama. But this conspiracy runs deep, and I'm not talking about Barack, no it runs so deep to directions, so many directions you'll get dizzy, and maybe even faint. So keep a shot of adrenalin next to your computer, or better yet, give it to. Because I like that stuff, but not the penis. I'm not talking about the penis. I like my penis, but not in a gay way. It's not like I make love to my penis. I do make love to my penis, but I don't think that's gay. It might...ugh, nevermind. There's nothing to see here.

Another conspiracy: NHL refs wanted the Lightning to beat my Red Wings. Jk... I hope you all beat Chicago.
Ashton
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 4:24:27 AM
At 5/31/2015 3:58:21 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 5/29/2015 9:35:25 PM, Serato wrote:

Another conspiracy: NHL refs wanted the Lightning to beat my Red Wings. Jk... I hope you all beat Chicago.

Thanks. And you might not be entirely wrong about the refs. Last year the refs favored Montreal vs Tampa first round, and we got swept, although we did play poorly. But yeah, sometimes the refs appear to have their own agenda.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 8:47:35 AM

Yes, I believe in all conspiracy theories, even the ones that state the government puts out fake conspiracy theories to divert from the real ones.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 8:46:51 PM
Serato, as you may be aware, I'm airmax's assistant moderator. I'm replying to this old thread in order to get your attention, as I'm not able to message you. There is an issue I need to get some more information on, and I would appreciate it if you sent me a message or accepted a friend request so that I could discuss it with you.

Thank you.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 9:15:34 PM
At 7/4/2015 8:46:51 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Serato, as you may be aware, I'm airmax's assistant moderator. I'm replying to this old thread in order to get your attention, as I'm not able to message you. There is an issue I need to get some more information on, and I would appreciate it if you sent me a message or accepted a friend request so that I could discuss it with you.

Thank you.

What's up?
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 9:53:40 PM

Thank you.

Can't you just discuss it here? This sounds like a conspiracy.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 9:57:23 PM
At 7/4/2015 9:53:40 PM, Serato wrote:

Thank you.

Generally speaking, moderation is handled as a private affair from moderation's side. So, no.
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 10:07:04 PM
At 7/4/2015 9:57:23 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Thank you.

Generally speaking, moderation is handled as a private affair from moderation's side. So, no.

I don't PM or accept requests ever, but if this is something that absolutely must be done then I could give you an email address and correspond through that.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 10:12:56 PM
At 7/4/2015 10:07:04 PM, Serato wrote:

Thank you.

I don't PM or accept requests ever, but if this is something that absolutely must be done then I could give you an email address and correspond through that.

If you must, I'm willing to do that. Please post it on my wall, though: I'll then delete it. While forum posts CAN be deleted by moderation, it's not something we should do lightly. What's on my wall I can delete just like any other user, though, and that way your email isn't posted for posterity; I wouldn't want some spam-bot to get it.
Serato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 10:45:25 PM
At 7/4/2015 10:12:56 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Thank you.

If you must, I'm willing to do that. Please post it on my wall, though: I'll then delete it. While forum posts CAN be deleted by moderation, it's not something we should do lightly. What's on my wall I can delete just like any other user, though, and that way your email isn't posted for posterity; I wouldn't want some spam-bot to get it.

This sounds unnecessary and bothersome. If there is an issue then just ban the account.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 11:04:50 PM

Thank you.

So reminiscent of the Stasi. Absolutely appalling that this is what passes for moderation here. People just "disappear" here. No explanation required. No accountability at all.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 11:41:10 PM
At 7/4/2015 10:45:25 PM, Serato wrote:
At 7/4/2015 10:12:56 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Thank you.

This sounds unnecessary and bothersome. If there is an issue then just ban the account.

I confess I find it strange that you would change your mind so rapidly.

While we try to do everything we can to avoid having to ban anyone, one of the steps we take to avoid doing so is having private conversations when issues arise to ensure we're operating on the best information possible. A refusal to do so forces us to use the information we have at hand. I hope you reconsider your position.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 11:49:48 PM
At 7/4/2015 11:04:50 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Thank you.

So reminiscent of the Stasi. Absolutely appalling that this is what passes for moderation here. People just "disappear" here. No explanation required. No accountability at all.

Not a single part of that is valid criticism--not least of which in terms of nonsense is the "Stasi" reference.

To be clear: No one "just "disappear[s]" here". Members are almost always at complete liberty to discuss how moderation has impacted them. Only in the rarest circumstances is the permaban option exercised. If members chose not to share the details of their temp-ban, that's their choice, and a choice that moderation chooses, as a policy, to respect by default.

Wrichcirw, you are not offering anything useful to this conversation. While I won't prevent you from commenting, that doesn't mean I think you should, and I'd like to ask you, politely, to not involve yourself. If you want a broader discussion on the subject of moderation, I'd be happy to be involved in that--feel free to post something in the DDO forum on the subject. I'm just asking it not be here, at this time.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 11:57:28 PM
At 7/4/2015 11:49:48 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 7/4/2015 11:04:50 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Thank you.

Not a single part of that is valid criticism--not least of which in terms of nonsense is the "Stasi" reference.

To be clear: No one "just "disappear[s]" here". Members are almost always at complete liberty to discuss how moderation has impacted them.

I see, so when you ban someone from even existing here, those banned members are "at complete liberty to discuss how moderation has impacted them."

Only in the rarest circumstances is the permaban option exercised.

Considering that you consider moderation to be a private affair, you have neither proof nor justification for such an assertion, nor do you think you require one.

Wrichcirw, you are not offering anything useful to this conversation.

If you think that criticism of your moderation is not useful, then and only then would you be correct. It would of expose your moderation for what it is, i.e. Stasi.

While I won't prevent you from commenting, that doesn't mean I think you should, and I'd like to ask you, politely, to not involve yourself. If you want a broader discussion on the subject of moderation, I'd be happy to be involved in that--feel free to post something in the DDO forum on the subject. I'm just asking it not be here, at this time.

Do you have a reason for this other than your own personal feelings on this matter? Are you not using your voice as a moderator to silence someone simply because you don't like what they have to say, even though they have not done anything "wrong"? You seriously cannot see how repressive your tactics and techniques happen to be?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 12:43:58 AM
At 7/4/2015 11:57:28 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Do you have a reason for this other than your own personal feelings on this matter?

Yes, I do. I was messaging another members about an issue. Broader moderation concerns are not directly relevant to that. Again, as I said, I'm not silencing you, and it's wildly dishonest to claim I am.

I explicitly said I wasn't silencing you, and respectfully asked you to refrain from involving yourself in this matter HERE, while mentioning that you should feel free to make another post. But this specific issue does not relate to you, and you're bringing this off-topic. To repeat: I politely asked you to refrain from derailing. I would like you to respect that.