Jump to topic:

Another Day, Another Group Project...

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 9:57:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yup, I'm making another thread to complain about my horrid team. I think this is my third one.

Anyway, to no one's surprise, they've both resigned, and I've resigned from attempting to work with them. The project is due tonight, and as we speak I'm putting it together myself - and, strangely, I made most of my progress last night whilst playing live mafia, in the midst of literally catching the scum via investigative results (and, in Max's case, lucky meta).

At any rate, I have this... tendency to procrastinate, so I'm going to take the advice given to me by Blackvoid and Bossy and literally create consequences so unbelievably dire for myself that failure to actually complete this project on time would be an utter nightmare.

The thought of receiving a failing grade, honestly, isn't sufficient for me... if that were an issue, surely I'd snap into action, but that would only really constitute a half hour of highly pressurized work. That's possible, but suboptimal. Been there, done that, bought that t-shirt, and don't want to return. I know I'm not going to fail, because I know I'm able to put together fairly high-quality work in a fairly condensed period of time. The problem is actually *doing* it.

So, start making demands... let's get a sizable list going here.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:35:38 AM
At 6/1/2015 10:26:48 AM, Cermank wrote:
Go to nigeria and meet the nigerian prince who promised to give me a sizeable inheritance.

What good would that do? lol

DDO's Economics Messiah
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:38:57 AM
At 6/1/2015 10:35:38 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Go to nigeria and meet the nigerian prince who promised to give me a sizeable inheritance.

lol I thought you wanted us to make a list of demands you'd have to do in case you failed? So that you could motivate yourself? Is that right?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:39:38 AM
At 6/1/2015 10:38:57 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 6/1/2015 10:35:38 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

lol I thought you wanted us to make a list of demands you'd have to do in case you failed? So that you could motivate yourself? Is that right?

Ohhhhhhh.

Sorry, that took a second to register, lol

Okay, that's on the list!

DDO's Economics Messiah
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 11:51:30 AM
-Instigate philosophy debates against Envisage, Tejas, Philocat, Furyan, philochristos, s-anthony, Fkkize, kasmic and at least ten other philosophy-loving* members
-You are not allowed to post the word 'monetary' on DDO for a month
-You must write twenty opinions questions in the following topic areas:
--Value of philosophy
--Value of fiscal policy
--Existence
--Market structures and monopolies
--Market failure
--Giffen goods
--Anything else to do with microeconomics

*Yeah, I know that's redundant if you consider the etymology of 'philosophy'.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...