Jump to topic:

Presidential vote

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2015 10:15:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't usually do one of these and I'm not endorsing anyone (and I'll keep this in the Misc forum) but I'll explain the reasons for my vote since I was undecided before.

This was probably the first time we had two amazing candidates and I could see myself voting for either. That never happened on any of the previous elections. They are both driven, have a flair for diplomacy, and answer difficult questions tactfully. They also have a desire to contribute to the community.

The deciding factor for me was not so much that debate was part of a failed administration as it is that she delayed taking the initiative until Ore left. While Ore was the sitting president, doing nothing, I never heard anything from debate or even knew that she was the vice-president. On the other hand, bsh1 has made plenty of contributions like the voting guide for the seven point system and other stuff. And he wasn't an elected official when he did it as far as I know.

Overall, I think both candidates are fantastic but in hindsight, bsh1 was more passionate and pro-active so I'll go with him as my vote. But it is super-close and I'm not endorsing anyone and fully intend to support whoever wins. Good luck to both parties.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 11:13:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The same reason I'll be voting for BSH1. I'm sure Liz will be great, but before showing any ambition for the presidency at all, he was running the beginners mafia games, many tournaments and conducts himself reasonably well.

I don't think either will be able to accomplish anything as president though, as the spot seems pretty useless other than some twice yearly event that brings some amusement.