Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Lipogram (No 5th Symbol)

Chaosism
Posts: 2,742
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 7:39:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Any post with a fifth symbol of our ABC's is not a winning post. You may find difficulty in this. No 1 or 2-word posts; a long post is good. This might grant you a fun thing to do! Good luck!

Q: What musical band/groups do you favor? (You may word it oddly)
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 10:58:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/16/2015 7:39:21 AM, Chaosism wrote:
Any post with a fifth symbol of our ABC's is not a winning post. You may find difficulty in this. No 1 or 2-word posts; a long post is good. This might grant you a fun thing to do! Good luck!

Q: What musical band/groups do you favor? (You may word it oddly)

I shall try my hand at this!

I favour the group of musicians consisting of two violins, a viola and a thing that looks similar to a big viola. This group is known by Croatia's capital.

BTW, do you allow Diqiucun_Cunmin to switch to ways of communication apart from that which is originating from Britain's south part if going turns rough?

(Grrr, this is hard)
I think it is well established that the only reason aliens come to earth is to slice up cows and examine inside peoples' bottoms. Unless you are a cow or suffer haemerrhoids I don't think there is anything to worry about from aliens. - keithprosser

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Chaosism
Posts: 2,742
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 11:10:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/16/2015 10:58:17 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

I shall try my hand at this!

I favour the group of musicians consisting of two violins, a viola and a thing that looks similar to a big viola. This group is known by Croatia's capital.

BTW, do you allow Diqiucun_Cunmin to switch to ways of communication apart from that which is originating from Britain's south part if going turns rough?

(Grrr, this is hard)

It IS difficult to omit that symbol continuously. In fact, such a slip is in your post!

I favour th*E* group of musicians...

Communication apart from that which you said? Probably not fair, I think...

I favor:
Synonym of "Busting" (and first starting symbol) + "Famous London Clock"

Anybody know what it is?
9spaceking
Posts: 4,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:27:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
No, just no. I abhor lipograms. Just look at Gadsby; so much circumlocution, that I faint from third paragraph onwards.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Chaosism
Posts: 2,742
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:59:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2015 2:27:08 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
No, just no. I abhor lipograms. Just look at Gadsby; so much circumlocution, that I faint from third paragraph onwards.

Abhor is a strong word. So many words to bypass a missing symbol is a pain, I'll grant you. But what fun is it if it's not difficult? Most on DDO forums will avoid this, right? I shall wait and watch in anticipation of a fourth participant...
Sapphique
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 4:44:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ah, a lipogram. I didn't actually know what to call this sort of thing until now. I'll try it.

I favor classical music, and this group, Piano Guys, is good. It consists of two musicians--a pianist and a [gigantic viola]-ist. Piano Guys mostly do transcriptions of songs, but this group also plays original compositions. Stylistically, Piano Guys' music is a mix of classical and popular music. You should all try watching this group. Piano Guys almost always film in stunning locations. It's amazing how this group hauls a grand piano to all of its filming spots, including China's famous Wall.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch