Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Recommend Some Good Names

whatledge
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 4:44:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm writing a short story, but I fail at coming up with good names. So please, share with me some names that you think are good. Full names would be nice. Names from both genders are welcome.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 4:45:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Tyler with a silent "P."

Ptyler.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 4:47:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 4:44:04 PM, whatledge wrote:
I'm writing a short story, but I fail at coming up with good names. So please, share with me some names that you think are good. Full names would be nice. Names from both genders are welcome.

Kevin is the only name the is worthy.
kfc
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 4:49:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Since I first watched From Dusk Till Dawn I also thought Seth was the coolest name.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 4:55:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I want to name my daughter Mari, and her middle name will be Juana. But Vi won't let me. I like the name Nathaniel too (Nate). I like Gabriel. I like Greyson. I like Gabrielle. Haha it's a G thang.
President of DDO
whatledge
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 6:02:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 4:56:57 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 8/12/2010 4:56:46 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
What's the theme / topic of the novel?

*Short story

Its more of a collection of short stories really, it's about an alien invasions. The stories revolve around the same invasion, just different perspectives/stories.
whatledge
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 6:03:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 4:55:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I want to name my daughter Mari, and her middle name will be Juana. But Vi won't let me. I like the name Nathaniel too (Nate). I like Gabriel. I like Greyson. I like Gabrielle. Haha it's a G thang.

Brilliant idea, maybe she'll compromise if it was Mary Jane?
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 6:06:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 4:47:36 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I like Nathaniel.

fo sho.

also gemma. and as obnoxiously trendy as it is, i also like madison.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 7:40:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
As long as it isn't Muriel, I think you'll be okay. Just keep it modern... Ann is a beautiful name. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 7:40:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 4:55:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I want to name my daughter Mari, and her middle name will be Juana. But Vi won't let me. I like the name Nathaniel too (Nate). I like Gabriel. I like Greyson. I like Gabrielle. Haha it's a G thang.

If you like G's so much, would you mind me getting your G-string?

;)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 7:43:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/12/2010 7:40:14 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 8/12/2010 4:55:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I want to name my daughter Mari, and her middle name will be Juana. But Vi won't let me. I like the name Nathaniel too (Nate). I like Gabriel. I like Greyson. I like Gabrielle. Haha it's a G thang.

If you like G's so much, would you mind me getting your G-string?

;)

you dirty boy.
signature
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 1:54:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I get this tip from from (please don't hurt me) John Grisham. I know, I know... but it is a genuinely good tip.

Open up a local paper and find the obituaries... you'll find plenty of great names, and legally speaking you lose your rights to your name once you die, so you can't get in any trouble.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 1:56:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
And so long as you're not publishing, you can recycle names... personally, I use "Amira" and "Mr. Palmer" all the time.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 1:56:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 1:54:48 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
I get this tip from from (please don't hurt me) John Grisham. I know, I know... but it is a genuinely good tip.

Open up a local paper and find the obituaries... you'll find plenty of great names, and legally speaking you lose your rights to your name once you die, so you can't get in any trouble.

Thats by far the sickest thing I've ever heard. How dare you creatively prosper from other peoples loss! You're a bad man PoeJoe.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 2:01:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/13/2010 1:56:59 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 8/13/2010 1:54:48 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
I get this tip from from (please don't hurt me) John Grisham. I know, I know... but it is a genuinely good tip.

Open up a local paper and find the obituaries... you'll find plenty of great names, and legally speaking you lose your rights to your name once you die, so you can't get in any trouble.

Thats by far the sickest thing I've ever heard. How dare you creatively prosper from other peoples loss! You're a bad man PoeJoe.

But Grisham does it!

...then again, it's Grisham. So meh. >_>
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
twsurber
Posts: 505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2010 11:03:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Actual odd names I've encountered while teaching:

Girls:Summer Day, Crystal Ball, Octavia Ballew, Patty Poff, Teala Green, Stormy Riddle

Boys: David Davidson, Robert Robertson, Joe Johnson

Other names I like: Girls: Leslie, Jill, Hannah, Nichole, Abbey, Tracey, Bailey, Sam
Boys: Brett, Steve, Royce, Bryce
AlexRae
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2010 7:43:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I like the names Kinley, Addison, Riley, and Peyson for girls. For guys I like the names Liam, Connor, Charles, and I love the name Nathaniel. William is also a very nice name.