Total Posts:96|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The "Say it to my face" Thread

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 7:48:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This thread isn't solely directed at whichever jackars was inciting a flame war with me and a few others via the Truth Box, but really against anyone - and there are many - who insists on using passive-aggressive attacks behind the veil of anonymity.

In this thread, I want you to come forward. That's not only directed at this one person, but at anyone with something negative to say, but has as yet been too cowardly to say it to my face. I think these individuals ought to have the courage of their convictions to at the very least, if they're going to engage in ridiculous ad-hominem attacks, to state their grievances publicly, so that the jury of the DDO community can rightly judge their actions.

This is a debating website: there's no room for cowardice and meaningless dribble, and to anyone who has engaged it, I'm publicly calling you out. Say it to my face, or shut the fck up, because if I find out who you are before you out yourself (and, heck, you could even do it privately at this point), I'm going to out you - and it won't be pretty.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:00:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
FINE. Give me a hug like you promised!!
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:03:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 8:00:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:
FINE. Give me a hug like you promised!!

MINE AND KITTY'S
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:04:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 7:57:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
Taken 3

I submitted the mean submission about you
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:06:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 7:57:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
Taken 3

Lol, what did this mean?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:07:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 8:00:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:
FINE. Give me a hug like you promised!!

Then I would be depriving you of the incentive to win a "X post wins" thread. I believe in supply-side incentives, so I unfortunately must decline at this present juncture.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:07:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
But really, guys, I'm actually serious about this thread. I want this person to out himself (herself) so we can have a little... chat.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:13:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 8:12:22 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 6/16/2015 8:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2015 7:57:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
Taken 3

Lol, what did this mean?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(film)

Oh, that's a film? Lol. I've never heard of it.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:14:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 8:04:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 6/16/2015 7:57:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
Taken 3

I submitted the mean submission about you

I wanted to see mean submissions about me, i have this rage inside me and i need a target. But i guess its not meant to be.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:16:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 8:13:31 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2015 8:12:22 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 6/16/2015 8:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2015 7:57:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
Taken 3

Lol, what did this mean?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(film)

Oh, that's a film? Lol. I've never heard of it.

what

What

No seriously stop

what are you doing with your life you need to watch that movie
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:19:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 8:16:00 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 6/16/2015 8:13:31 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2015 8:12:22 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 6/16/2015 8:06:40 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/16/2015 7:57:59 PM, Cermank wrote:
Taken 3

Lol, what did this mean?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(film)

Oh, that's a film? Lol. I've never heard of it.

what

What

No seriously stop

what are you doing with your life you need to watch that movie

Lol, IDK! Deciding to watch a movie is a big decision for me. I'll have to look into it (though doing that will probably consume more of my time than actually watching it).
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 8:58:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 8:25:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
It was me.

Somehow I doubt this greatly.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 9:05:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 8:07:56 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
But really, guys, I'm actually serious about this thread. I want this person to out himself (herself) so we can have a little... chat.

I don't think it's likely that the person will admit it...
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 9:06:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 9:05:22 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/16/2015 8:07:56 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
But really, guys, I'm actually serious about this thread. I want this person to out himself (herself) so we can have a little... chat.

I don't think it's likely that the person will admit it...

True, but I'm hoping that he or she will humor me, at least upon seeing how serious I am. Not to mention, I even offered to speak with this person privately.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 8:19:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/16/2015 7:48:45 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
This thread isn't solely directed at whichever jackars was inciting a flame war with me and a few others via the Truth Box, but really against anyone - and there are many - who insists on using passive-aggressive attacks behind the veil of anonymity.

In this thread, I want you to come forward. That's not only directed at this one person, but at anyone with something negative to say, but has as yet been too cowardly to say it to my face. I think these individuals ought to have the courage of their convictions to at the very least, if they're going to engage in ridiculous ad-hominem attacks, to state their grievances publicly, so that the jury of the DDO community can rightly judge their actions.

This is a debating website: there's no room for cowardice and meaningless dribble, and to anyone who has engaged it, I'm publicly calling you out. Say it to my face, or shut the fck up, because if I find out who you are before you out yourself (and, heck, you could even do it privately at this point), I'm going to out you - and it won't be pretty.

https://www.youtube.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 11:56:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Where is this "truth box" taking place? What am I missing?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:28:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 11:56:07 AM, philochristos wrote:
Where is this "truth box" taking place? What am I missing?

Airmax deleted it.
I didn't pay much attention to it, so I too don't know what happened.
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:35:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 2:31:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
Yeah, can someone tell me and the other curious individuals, who weren't present nor payed attention, what happened?

apparently the thread creator wants his insultors to step out but everyone started derailing the thread. The guy who managed to make people derail this thread must be THE MOST MANIPULATIVE PERSON ON DDO!
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:47:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 2:35:37 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:31:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
Yeah, can someone tell me and the other curious individuals, who weren't present nor payed attention, what happened?

apparently the thread creator wants his insultors to step out but everyone started derailing the thread. The guy who managed to make people derail this thread must be THE MOST MANIPULATIVE PERSON ON DDO!

No, he wasn't. He was a worthless, anti-intellectual, passive-aggressive coward who doesn't deserve respect. If I find out who he is, I'll take pride in burying him.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:01:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 2:47:57 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:35:37 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:31:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
Yeah, can someone tell me and the other curious individuals, who weren't present nor payed attention, what happened?

apparently the thread creator wants his insultors to step out but everyone started derailing the thread. The guy who managed to make people derail this thread must be THE MOST MANIPULATIVE PERSON ON DDO!

No, he wasn't. He was a worthless, anti-intellectual, passive-aggressive coward who doesn't deserve respect. If I find out who he is, I'll take pride in burying him.

-_-
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:05:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 3:01:37 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:47:57 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:35:37 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:31:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
Yeah, can someone tell me and the other curious individuals, who weren't present nor payed attention, what happened?

apparently the thread creator wants his insultors to step out but everyone started derailing the thread. The guy who managed to make people derail this thread must be THE MOST MANIPULATIVE PERSON ON DDO!

No, he wasn't. He was a worthless, anti-intellectual, passive-aggressive coward who doesn't deserve respect. If I find out who he is, I'll take pride in burying him.

-_-

Hm?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:06:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 3:05:19 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:01:37 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:47:57 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:35:37 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:31:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
Yeah, can someone tell me and the other curious individuals, who weren't present nor payed attention, what happened?

apparently the thread creator wants his insultors to step out but everyone started derailing the thread. The guy who managed to make people derail this thread must be THE MOST MANIPULATIVE PERSON ON DDO!

No, he wasn't. He was a worthless, anti-intellectual, passive-aggressive coward who doesn't deserve respect. If I find out who he is, I'll take pride in burying him.

-_-

Hm?

Can we all be nice here?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:07:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 3:06:17 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:05:19 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:01:37 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:47:57 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:35:37 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:31:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
Yeah, can someone tell me and the other curious individuals, who weren't present nor payed attention, what happened?

apparently the thread creator wants his insultors to step out but everyone started derailing the thread. The guy who managed to make people derail this thread must be THE MOST MANIPULATIVE PERSON ON DDO!

No, he wasn't. He was a worthless, anti-intellectual, passive-aggressive coward who doesn't deserve respect. If I find out who he is, I'll take pride in burying him.

-_-

Hm?

Can we all be nice here?

I think niceness is necessarily symmetric. In other words, if someone is nice to me, I should likewise be nice to them. When someone throws civility to the wind - as this fellow did, and as did the fellows attacking you, Annie, and several others - they should be meet with, at the very least, the same level of hostility they dished out. My preference is to included an added bonus, free of charge, as compensation for the anonymity factor.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
CookieMonster9
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 4:01:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 3:07:56 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:06:17 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:05:19 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:01:37 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:47:57 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:35:37 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:31:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
Yeah, can someone tell me and the other curious individuals, who weren't present nor payed attention, what happened?

apparently the thread creator wants his insultors to step out but everyone started derailing the thread. The guy who managed to make people derail this thread must be THE MOST MANIPULATIVE PERSON ON DDO!

No, he wasn't. He was a worthless, anti-intellectual, passive-aggressive coward who doesn't deserve respect. If I find out who he is, I'll take pride in burying him.

-_-

Hm?

Can we all be nice here?

I think niceness is necessarily symmetric. In other words, if someone is nice to me, I should likewise be nice to them. When someone throws civility to the wind - as this fellow did, and as did the fellows attacking you, Annie, and several others - they should be meet with, at the very least, the same level of hostility they dished out. My preference is to included an added bonus, free of charge, as compensation for the anonymity factor.

Just let it go man. Whoever this person was isn't going to show themselves.
Hello everybody having a good day? I just wanted to let you know that there is a new type of game called "What would you do?" where I post scenarios and you put down what you would do. To get in on this go to http://www.debate.org... , read the rules, and put in your answer!

I'm not here to start an argument, I'm just here so I can gain more knowledge about the world and feed my mind knowledge that you can't really get as much as you wish you could in life. -CM
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 4:04:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 4:01:39 PM, CookieMonster9 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:07:56 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:06:17 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:05:19 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:01:37 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:47:57 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:35:37 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:31:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
Yeah, can someone tell me and the other curious individuals, who weren't present nor payed attention, what happened?

apparently the thread creator wants his insultors to step out but everyone started derailing the thread. The guy who managed to make people derail this thread must be THE MOST MANIPULATIVE PERSON ON DDO!

No, he wasn't. He was a worthless, anti-intellectual, passive-aggressive coward who doesn't deserve respect. If I find out who he is, I'll take pride in burying him.

-_-

Hm?

Can we all be nice here?

I think niceness is necessarily symmetric. In other words, if someone is nice to me, I should likewise be nice to them. When someone throws civility to the wind - as this fellow did, and as did the fellows attacking you, Annie, and several others - they should be meet with, at the very least, the same level of hostility they dished out. My preference is to included an added bonus, free of charge, as compensation for the anonymity factor.

Just let it go man. Whoever this person was isn't going to show themselves.

I think you're right, though that isn't going to lessen my resolve. If anything, I think that demonstrating how serious I am at cracking down on cowardly, anonymous attack sends a message that such attacks aren't welcome on DDO or elsewhere. Whether that will permeate the impermeable is questionable, but hopefully that message would impact *someone*, in which case it's worth it.

Not to mention, as I keep saying, the offer to this fellow is open: he can PM me anytime he wants. My inbox is open to everyone. If he really has a problem with me for whatever reason, enough that he could call me a noobsniper, a spammer, and a pedophile, he should be willing to take it up with me.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
CookieMonster9
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 4:12:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/17/2015 4:04:55 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 4:01:39 PM, CookieMonster9 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:07:56 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:06:17 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:05:19 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:01:37 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:47:57 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:35:37 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 6/17/2015 2:31:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
Yeah, can someone tell me and the other curious individuals, who weren't present nor payed attention, what happened?

apparently the thread creator wants his insultors to step out but everyone started derailing the thread. The guy who managed to make people derail this thread must be THE MOST MANIPULATIVE PERSON ON DDO!

No, he wasn't. He was a worthless, anti-intellectual, passive-aggressive coward who doesn't deserve respect. If I find out who he is, I'll take pride in burying him.

-_-

Hm?

Can we all be nice here?

I think niceness is necessarily symmetric. In other words, if someone is nice to me, I should likewise be nice to them. When someone throws civility to the wind - as this fellow did, and as did the fellows attacking you, Annie, and several others - they should be meet with, at the very least, the same level of hostility they dished out. My preference is to included an added bonus, free of charge, as compensation for the anonymity factor.

Just let it go man. Whoever this person was isn't going to show themselves.

I think you're right, though that isn't going to lessen my resolve. If anything, I think that demonstrating how serious I am at cracking down on cowardly, anonymous attack sends a message that such attacks aren't welcome on DDO or elsewhere. Whether that will permeate the impermeable is questionable, but hopefully that message would impact *someone*, in which case it's worth it.

Not to mention, as I keep saying, the offer to this fellow is open: he can PM me anytime he wants. My inbox is open to everyone. If he really has a problem with me for whatever reason, enough that he could call me a noobsniper, a spammer, and a pedophile, he should be willing to take it up with me.

I understand what you are saying and I probably would have done the same thing if this happened to me. I just think that the "coward" won't show him or herself. It won't work, because he or she knows that you are pissed off and that you are a good debater. They probably were just joking and knew that since you were a good debater calling you that would get you mad. If it happens again bring this up but I don't think the person will show themselves.
Hello everybody having a good day? I just wanted to let you know that there is a new type of game called "What would you do?" where I post scenarios and you put down what you would do. To get in on this go to http://www.debate.org... , read the rules, and put in your answer!

I'm not here to start an argument, I'm just here so I can gain more knowledge about the world and feed my mind knowledge that you can't really get as much as you wish you could in life. -CM