Jump to topic:

Running with scissors

Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 9:52:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Everyone I have ever heard has said that you shouldn't run with scissors. I was wondering where does this advice come from does anyone actually know someone that was grievously maimed or killed from running with scissors?
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 9:54:36 AM
At 8/16/2010 9:52:53 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
Everyone I have ever heard has said that you shouldn't run with scissors. I was wondering where does this advice come from does anyone actually know someone that was grievously maimed or killed from running with scissors?

I don't think that is a good example. Do you know anyone who was shot accidentally shot with a gun? No. Does that mean you can play with loaded guns? No.
kfc
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 9:56:51 AM
At 8/16/2010 9:54:36 AM, Koopin wrote:

I don't think that is a good example. Do you know anyone who was shot accidentally shot with a gun? No. Does that mean you can play with loaded guns? No.

But has anyone ever throughout all time ever even met someone that knew of somebody that was killed by running with scissors?
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 10:00:13 AM
you could fall and the scissors might wreck you... it's just common sense. i heard a funny story on the news not all that long ago that's kinda relevant in which a fella lost the plug for his bath so he used a plunger instead and slipped... and got anally raped by a plunger. i think he nearly died but it's still fairly hilarious.
signature
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 10:01:17 AM
At 8/16/2010 9:56:51 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

But has anyone ever throughout all time ever even met someone that knew of somebody that was killed by running with scissors?

No because people aren't supposed to run with scissors.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 12:34:15 PM

I actually do know someone who was accidentally shot by a gun. I used to know of him, anyway.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 12:37:08 PM
At 8/16/2010 12:34:15 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I actually do know someone who was accidentally shot by a gun. I used to know of him, anyway.

i feel kinda lousy for it but i lol'd at that.
signature
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 1:12:10 PM
At 8/16/2010 12:33:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
You might fall and stab yourself.

But has anybody actually ever fallen and stabbed themselves?

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 1:14:15 PM
At 8/16/2010 1:12:10 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

It's possible.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 1:15:11 PM
It's common sense, do you know hard it is to run and cut with scissors at the same time?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 1:16:06 PM
At 8/16/2010 1:14:15 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

It's possible.

But it is also possible that a meteor could land in your front yard and strike oil, making you a millionaire. Has anyone actually every been hurt by running with scissors

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 1:19:02 PM

actually you're right. you should go ahead and start running around with them.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 2:38:49 PM

I know someone that was accidentally shot and killed....
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:00:23 PM
There is a possibility of getting an STD every time you have sex. Use common sense don't sleep with a slut. If its someone that you are in a long term relationship with and have had sex and nothing has happened and your partner does not sleep around to your knowlage then safe to say you can trust having sex with them. If you find out they slept around find out with who then make judgements from there

In the instance of running with a sharp object in your hand common sense says that its better to just not do it.

Everything has a chance, best to live on the side of caution while using common sense.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:02:21 PM
At 8/16/2010 3:00:23 PM, lovelife wrote:
There is a possibility of getting an STD every time you have sex. Use common sense don't sleep with a slut. If its someone that you are in a long term relationship with and have had sex and nothing has happened and your partner does not sleep around to your knowlage then safe to say you can trust having sex with them. If you find out they slept around find out with who then make judgements from there

In the instance of running with a sharp object in your hand common sense says that its better to just not do it.

Everything has a chance, best to live on the side of caution while using common sense.

I've actually decided that if I ever get together with a guy who had previous partners I'm ensuring he gets tested for STD's first. The guy I'm interested in now is also a virgin like me so there's no problem there.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:04:01 PM
At 8/16/2010 3:02:21 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I've actually decided that if I ever get together with a guy who had previous partners I'm ensuring he gets tested for STD's first. The guy I'm interested in now is also a virgin like me so there's no problem there.

I would want him tested regaurdless. Its sad but you cannot trust anyone's word.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:05:59 PM
At 8/16/2010 3:04:01 PM, lovelife wrote:

I would want him tested regaurdless. Its sad but you cannot trust anyone's word.

Yea, I suppose that's a good point since most guys are embarrassed about their virginity. I'm proud of my virginity and I'm saving it until marriage.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:09:17 PM
Don't be so sure, INH - A. He could be lying, or more importantly, B. There are some STD's a person can contract without having had sex, through other contact like sharing towels or toilets, or if blood is somehow shared between two people.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:13:57 PM
At 8/16/2010 3:05:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/16/2010 3:04:01 PM, lovelife wrote:

Yea, I suppose that's a good point since most guys are embarrassed about their virginity. I'm proud of my virginity and I'm saving it until marriage.

Yeah. Then some guys will lie about being a virgin because they want to look good for their gf or whatever.
One of my friends that know that I have a bf and wouldn't cheat tried to get me to sleep with him just so he wont be a virgin anymore. He was serious too but I was like "wtf?! lol...WTF!" he was all "It would just be a friend doing another friend a favour and I don't want to hire a $50 hooker cause I don't want to get an STD"
Scary

I don't believe that marriage should be used as the bar for when sex is acceptable. My dad and current stepmom got married too quick and less than a year later may get divorced. Obviously they should have waited for sex and marriage. Other couples that haven't yet gotten married but obviously will last I don't think a ceromony or whatever is needed to say "hey we can have sex now" just depends on how good the relationship is, what its based on, and using that to determine if it will last and everyone in it will be happy long term.

I think I will end up having sex before marriage, but that isn't always bad.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:16:41 PM
I don't think a guy would lie about being a virgin, but if you do insist on getting him tested, the least you can do is get tested yourself as well. Regardless, use protection and whatnot you crazy kids!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:16:51 PM
At 8/16/2010 3:09:17 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Don't be so sure, INH - A. He could be lying, or more importantly, B. There are some STD's a person can contract without having had sex, through other contact like sharing towels or toilets, or if blood is somehow shared between two people.

Yep if he ever got infected with AIDS carrying blood he will have AIDS. Interesting I heard that oral sex is illegal in Oklahoma. Looked it up its a fact. I heard the reasoning is if you have a coldsore and do that that person gets herpes. Now what if you touch your could sore on accident then for some reason touch there. Doesn't have to be sexual to touch there, change a tampon for females, pee for males.

He could give himself herpes if that is all true.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:18:21 PM
At 8/16/2010 3:16:41 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I don't think a guy would lie about being a virgin,

I do. You see it on TV all the time, and I have some male friends I know for a fact are lying.

but if you do insist on getting him tested, the least you can do is get tested yourself as well. Regardless, use protection and whatnot you crazy kids!

If directed at me, I was planning on it. Both protection and getting tested. It is only the polite and responsible thing to do.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:18:59 PM
I don't think a guy would lie about being a virgin, but if you do insist on getting him tested, the least you can do is get tested yourself as well. Regardless, use protection and whatnot you crazy kids!

Nah, many guys do seem to be embarrassed about being virgins so could lie about it just to impress people. Keeping that in mind, my partner will be being tested before we do anything sexual in nature whether we're married or not.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:22:57 PM
At 8/16/2010 3:18:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Nah, many guys do seem to be embarrassed about being virgins so could lie about it just to impress people. Keeping that in mind, my partner will be being tested before we do anything sexual in nature whether we're married or not.

I actually don't think I'd get either of us tested. Idk why.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:39:39 PM
At 8/16/2010 1:16:06 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 8/16/2010 1:14:15 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

It's possible.

But it is also possible that a meteor could land in your front yard and strike oil, making you a millionaire. Has anyone actually every been hurt by running with scissors

theres no reasonable way to control the risk of getting hit by a meteor except maybe by living in a bomb shelter... and for the security you gain, thats not really worth the severe limits placed on your life to do it. on the other hand, not running with scissors is a very simple, easy thing to do that has little to no negative impact on your life and potentially saves you a lot of strife. so why would you WANT to run with scissors?

also i thought you were talking about the book at first. heeeeeeeeeeeeella funny!
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:42:18 PM
At 8/16/2010 3:39:39 PM, belle wrote:
so why would you WANT to run with scissors?

If you need to go somewhere quick, with scissors?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 3:45:59 PM
At 8/16/2010 3:42:18 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 8/16/2010 3:39:39 PM, belle wrote:
so why would you WANT to run with scissors?

If you need to go somewhere quick, with scissors?

is saving 30 seconds worth stabbing yourself in the chest? cause in my experience people don't move very far with scissors in their hands.... running can't save them all that much time...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...