Calling All Veterans--or their Family Members

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 12:17:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello all you fellow and sister Vets.

First of all: Thank you for your service!

I work for the Veterans Affairs Department. As part of my Community Outreach I have been authorized to offer to assist any Vets who are thinking of applying for any sort of VA Benefits. This includes anything from health care to possible Disability claims. (Either Service- or Non-Service Connected).

The procedure for applying for this stuff can indeed by rigorous and often confusing.

Think you might be elgible? Questions? Comments? Frustrations? Critiques of our System? Please let me know. I will do my best to help, and if I cannot I can certainly put you in touch with somebody who CAN!

Thanks for your time! And please respond if you are a vet and simply want to chat about any topic related to that.

Drew.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:20:15 AM
Please stop advertising for Vets. I appreciate your desire to help, but there are very few if any on here, so this isn't the appropriate place. If you feel it is necessary, put it in your sig that you can help. (Click "edit my signature" when you are about to make a post) But please stop spamming the forums.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 9:39:18 PM
At 7/8/2015 10:20:15 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
Please stop advertising for Vets. I appreciate your desire to help, but there are very few if any on here, so this isn't the appropriate place. If you feel it is necessary, put it in your sig that you can help. (Click "edit my signature" when you are about to make a post) But please stop spamming the forums.

Are you a moderator?
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 9:44:02 PM

Never mind. I see that you are NOT a mod.

So it is probably an excellent idea for you to not worry about my Threads. If you do not like them then do not read them. Go read whatever 18 year-old little girls read.

There ARE vets and also families and friends of vets here on DDO. I have spoken to them. Also, it is a part of my job to try and assist Vets via whatever medium I can. Nobody has ever complained before, and in fact I have gotten a good response on my PTSD thread.

Thanks for your advice, but I believe I will respectfully ignore it and continue posting as I deem fit.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 9:46:36 PM
At 7/8/2015 9:44:02 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

So it is probably an excellent idea for you to not worry about my Threads. If you do not like them then do not read them. Go read whatever 18 year-old little girls read.

There ARE vets and also families and friends of vets here on DDO. I have spoken to them. Also, it is a part of my job to try and assist Vets via whatever medium I can. Nobody has ever complained before, and in fact I have gotten a good response on my PTSD thread.

Thanks for your advice, but I believe I will respectfully ignore it and continue posting as I deem fit.

Wow...I just checked some of your past posts.

Drinking game? Somebody who engages in that silliness has the gall to call my Thread here inappropriate?

Shame on you.

Bug off. little one.

LOL
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 9:57:26 PM
At 7/7/2015 12:17:59 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Veterinarians count too then? Sweet, I'll sign a few up.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:01:30 PM
At 7/8/2015 9:46:36 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Drinking game? Somebody who engages in that silliness has the gall to call my Thread here inappropriate?

Shame on you.

Bug off. little one.

LOL

omg I reported this post for harassment
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:01:55 PM
At 7/8/2015 9:46:36 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Shame on you.

Bug off. little one.

LOL

Just saying man. It's just that I can't help but note that tinge of hypocrisy.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:04:02 PM

I work for the Veterans Affairs Department. As part of my Community Outreach I have been authorized to offer to assist any Vets who are thinking of applying for any sort of VA Benefits. This includes anything from health care to possible Disability claims. (Either Service- or Non-Service Connected).

The procedure for applying for this stuff can indeed by rigorous and often confusing.

Think you might be elgible? Questions? Comments? Frustrations? Critiques of our System? Please let me know. I will do my best to help, and if I cannot I can certainly put you in touch with somebody who CAN!

Thanks for your time! And please respond if you are a vet and simply want to chat about any topic related to that.

Drew.

Btw, how does a Veteran Affairs department "approve" a thread on a debating website?
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:33:11 PM
There's no need to be overzealous about your posting here. I know a good deal about the VA. Hell, my Grandpa is buried right in the cemetery there. Your efforts are best served in another avenue of communication, as you're not likely to turn up many combat vets here.

Also, demeaning members isn't exactly reflecting the cause of the VA off in a good way.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2015 10:36:44 PM
At 7/8/2015 10:33:11 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
There's no need to be overzealous about your posting here. I know a good deal about the VA. Hell, my Grandpa is buried right in the cemetery there. Your efforts are best served in another avenue of communication, as you're not likely to turn up many combat vets here.

Also, demeaning members isn't exactly reflecting the cause of the VA off in a good way.

Thank you
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2015 2:31:35 PM
At 7/8/2015 10:04:02 PM, RevNge wrote:

Drew.

Btw, how does a Veteran Affairs department "approve" a thread on a debating website?

As in my employer has allowed me to engage this Thread while I am here at work at the VA. It is a part of what we call our Community Outreach Program.

Thus...since my employer IS the VA...my thread here is "VA Approved."
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 2:12:20 AM

Drew.

Hey Vets and/or Family Members!!

Been gone awhile so I wanted to give this thread a Bump. And still I offer, as a VA employee AND Navy veteran, if anybody reading this is thinking of applying for VA benefits, either SC or NSC, let me know your questions and I will do my best to help!!

Thanks!!