Jump to topic:

DDO Big Brother

BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 1:58:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I want to go ahead and try out a Big Brother type-game on the site. How would this idea sound?

For those who dont know:
In most versions, at regular intervals (normally once weekly, as introduced in the UK version, although in most early series it was every two weeks), the housemates are invited to vote to have one of a number of nominated housemates evicted from the house. In some cases two housemates may be evicted simultaneously (a "double eviction"), or rarely, no housemates will be removed for that week. At the end of the game, the last remaining housemate is declared the winner of that particular series and receives prizes, often including a large amount of money, a car, a vacation and (in some editions) a house. In the US edition, a Head of Household is voted for or picked by the moderator. This HoH can choose two people to be nominated for elimination. Last standing man wins.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 2:33:41 PM
At 8/18/2010 1:58:20 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
I want to go ahead and try out a Big Brother type-game on the site. How would this idea sound?

For those who dont know:
In most versions, at regular intervals (normally once weekly, as introduced in the UK version, although in most early series it was every two weeks), the housemates are invited to vote to have one of a number of nominated housemates evicted from the house. In some cases two housemates may be evicted simultaneously (a "double eviction"), or rarely, no housemates will be removed for that week. At the end of the game, the last remaining housemate is declared the winner of that particular series and receives prizes, often including a large amount of money, a car, a vacation and (in some editions) a house. In the US edition, a Head of Household is voted for or picked by the moderator. This HoH can choose two people to be nominated for elimination. Last standing man wins.

Which version would we do? And how do we vote on the last one there?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 2:49:01 PM
At 8/18/2010 2:33:41 PM, lovelife wrote:

For those who dont know:

I believe a conglomerate approved by the players. And the last 5 voted off before the final elimination are the "jury" and decide who the winner is.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 2:57:10 PM
At 8/18/2010 2:49:01 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

For those who dont know:

I believe a conglomerate approved by the players. And the last 5 voted off before the final elimination are the "jury" and decide who the winner is.

So the jury would be ex members of the house, or those not participating? I don't see many ppl participating.
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 2:59:07 PM
At 8/18/2010 2:57:10 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/18/2010 2:49:01 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

For those who dont know:

So the jury would be ex members of the house, or those not participating? I don't see many ppl participating.

Hence the "idea" part.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2010 3:02:01 PM
At 8/18/2010 2:59:07 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

Hence the "idea" part.

Just saying, I guess I'm the only one interested, and that wouldn't make much sense.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 6:55:14 AM
At 8/19/2010 5:32:23 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
What's the point other than to kick people out of the house once a week?

No clue. I watched the show once. Well about half of it. I hated it but maybe playing a game kinda lie it will be less annoying and make me want to kill less people.