Jump to topic:

Ezekiel's wheel

archalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 8:50:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
possible evidence of ufo sightings right from the bible itself !
reason to believe in the existence of aliens.

Recommend reading the chapter and analyzing for yourself. keep in mind some of the verses are not in order . i recommend grouping similar verses & descriptions together.

Here are a few key verses that stand out. (KJV ) .

Ezekiel Chapter 1:
4: And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

5: Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

16: The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

26: And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 3:02:51 AM
At 7/13/2015 8:50:55 AM, archalien wrote:

Recommend reading the chapter and analyzing for yourself. keep in mind some of the verses are not in order . i recommend grouping similar verses & descriptions together.

Ezekiel Chapter 1:
4: And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

5: Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

16: The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

26: And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

If you have any interest in doing a formal debate on the ancient astronaut theory in general, or this particular theory specifically, let me know. This is a topic I have a lot of interest in and will enthusiastically debate anyone who is willing to (Myself as Con on the theory, and every aspect of it).

As for this particular theory, it really comes down to the specific language used, and how much credit we give to the assumed author (Ezekiel) in describing something.

The basic counter argument to this (something I'll happily expand on if you display an interest in having a lengthy discussion on the topic) comes down to Ezekiel's ability to describe some type of alien spacecraft - something the evidence would seem to show he could have. Instead, what he describes sounds more like what the conventional wisdom assumes he is describing - god's throne - and furthermore, certain descriptions seem to preclude even the possibility of a space craft.
Debate.org Moderator
archalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 3:53:05 AM
At 7/14/2015 3:02:51 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Ezekiel Chapter 1:

If you have any interest in doing a formal debate on the ancient astronaut theory in general, or this particular theory specifically, let me know. This is a topic I have a lot of interest in and will enthusiastically debate anyone who is willing to (Myself as Con on the theory, and every aspect of it).

As for this particular theory, it really comes down to the specific language used, and how much credit we give to the assumed author (Ezekiel) in describing something.

The basic counter argument to this (something I'll happily expand on if you display an interest in having a lengthy discussion on the topic) comes down to Ezekiel's ability to describe some type of alien spacecraft - something the evidence would seem to show he could have. Instead, what he describes sounds more like what the conventional wisdom assumes he is describing - god's throne - and furthermore, certain descriptions seem to preclude even the possibility of a space craft.

yeah its interesting . Im not looking to debate it as such more just a discussion on the matter. interesting studying the chapter using biblehub.com with interlinear translations from the direct Hebrew. very interesting .

you could make arguments that he refers to the throne of god however some would say that the idea of gods throne is in fact less believable then the theory that ezekeil is in fact being met by aliens . We can also see that the aliens are using telekinetic forms of power to communicate with him and show him the visions he sees & explains his behavior and his descriptions for the time period - and this why he also uses terms such as spirit . Id also like to add when he hears the words LORD and GOD this could well be the alien communicating that he is the Lord and God of his homeworld ( which could also refer to earth for that matter ) . It could be refering to the fact that the alien is in fact God
archalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 4:35:47 AM

Ezekiel Chapter 1:

i wouldnt say precludes because ...well if he is describing a spacecraft / ufo something unknown even to us in 2015 theres every possibility he is attempting to describe ufo pieces and working parts we have no knowledge of as of yet.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 12:02:12 AM
At 7/14/2015 3:53:05 AM, archalien wrote:

Ezekiel Chapter 1:

yeah its interesting . Im not looking to debate it as such more just a discussion on the matter. interesting studying the chapter using biblehub.com with interlinear translations from the direct Hebrew. very interesting .

Fair enough. It's certainly an interesting topic, and though I specifically have an interest in the ancient alien theory (and would love to discuss it's various aspects and theories), I also happen to have a background in ancient Hebrew, so this topic particularly caught my eye, and I'm perfectly happy to informally discuss it with you.

you could make arguments that he refers to the throne of god however some would say that the idea of gods throne is in fact less believable then the theory that ezekeil is in fact being met by aliens.

Indeed. Though to be clear, the issue isn't so much about the "truth factor" regarding whatever the author is claiming to have witnessed, but about properly interpreting what the author was describing. I'm not taking a position on whether or not there is "truth" to these passages, whether the bible is valid to any extent, or if the author actually saw what he claims. Instead, what I am going to posit is that what is being described is pretty clear, consistent with conventional wisdom, and precludes what is described in the AA theory.

We can also see that the aliens are using telekinetic forms of power to communicate with him and show him the visions he sees & explains his behavior and his descriptions for the time period - and this why he also uses terms such as spirit .

I believe that to view it this way, you have to assume that Ezekiel didn't have the available language to describe the forgone conclusion (the conclusion of the AA theory) and isn't as much of a detail oriented writer as he has proven to be.

Id also like to add when he hears the words LORD and GOD this could well be the alien communicating that he is the Lord and God of his homeworld ( which could also refer to earth for that matter ) . It could be refering to the fact that the alien is in fact God

I suppose it could, but again, if Ezekiel wanted to describe this, he certainly could have. The words are available for him to use for that purpose. He certainly could have used terms like "flying silver disks", or descriptions of non earthly beings - he is not restricted to using the terms he did, that would be forced to be stretched to match the theory.

For example, if the author believed the beings he saw were aliens, he could have described them in a way explicitly saying so. Even if we assume he wanted to be intentionally vague (which there's no reason to believe would be true - especially in his case) he wouldn't have used terms to specifically preclude those idea like, for example, when the conventional wisdom says he is describing angels, he goes out of his way to explicitly say so in Ezekiel 10:20 "These were the living creatures that I saw underneath the God of Israel by the Chebar canal; and I knew that they were cherubim."

It would be quite a stretch therefore to say he was describing anything but cherubim (a type of angel) since he went out of his way to say explicitly "I knew they were cherubim".

I believe I've gotten ahead of myself a little bit, but I wanted to be sure to respond to that specifically. I'll do my best to walk through the theories greater problems in a near future post.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 12:03:11 AM
At 7/14/2015 4:35:47 AM, archalien wrote:

Ezekiel Chapter 1:

i wouldnt say precludes because ...well if he is describing a spacecraft / ufo something unknown even to us in 2015 theres every possibility he is attempting to describe ufo pieces and working parts we have no knowledge of as of yet.

Except that he could have described something that actually jives with that and he didn't. He could have used similar terms that we'd use today to describe aliens and alien space craft, but instead, he described something that doesn't seem to comply with the theory, and in fact complies with other places in the bible where we explicitly know that the author was describing a throne, like in Daniel 7. In Daniel 7 the same kind of thing is described in pretty much the same way, but it doesn't compliment the theory (so it's not even mentioned as part of the AA theory) because the author explicitly says he is describing a throne.

I realize I'm being a bit too vague and not going through each of these elements in a very organized way, but I wanted to be sure to respond to these particular before I go through the theory in more depth.

If I have time tomorrow evening, I'll outline the entire theory and do my best to show the problems with it. I will also reply to any further comments/responses that you make.

In any case, I've enjoyed the discussion and look forward to continuing.

Cheers.
Debate.org Moderator
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 2:06:15 PM
At 7/15/2015 11:56:39 AM, XLAV wrote:
I thought this was about LoL.

How would this be related to League?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 3:34:04 PM
At 7/15/2015 2:06:15 PM, RevNge wrote:

Ezekiel, the Justin Bieber champion?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 4:26:59 PM
At 7/15/2015 3:34:04 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 7/15/2015 2:06:15 PM, RevNge wrote:

Ezekiel, the Justin Bieber champion?

That's Ezreal, lol. If you're talking about this guy: http://www.mobafire.com...
archalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 8:19:38 PM
yes, i agree in reguard to the validations of the bible , nor can i personally state that it is a true of false text. We do however posses this facinating piece of text and its right there for the pondering. in particular this chapter.

as for conventional wisdom ....well is that stating that conventional wisdom is always correct?

(the accuracy of the bible is an argument for another time i suppose.)

the living creatures he belivies he sees at first could well be referring to moving parts,and or housings on the ship/s , stamping or branding in the metal representing close to that of a lion , ox and eagle. when he first sees these moving and mechanical parts the likes of which hes never seen before he describes them as living beings because for all intent and purposes the sight and sound and maneuvering of these craft looks alive . the "beings " he describes with the lion ox and eagle heads aren't the actual aliens, he is just describing some unknown parts of the ship.

it sounds to me as tho there is a mother-ship and four smaller craft around it all maneuvering in unison . he does describe or at least do his best to describe the 'beryl" colors ( a kind of see through crystal) , "flashing lightning" and "brightness" like that of lamps. ( this could be the lights flashing on the ships and the lightning could well be some kind energy coupling..which links the mother-ship to the smaller craft...perhaps some kind of energy charge up .

ill go into specifics later on ...but no i don't think he would have had the words to describe such a massive sight . i mean even if it is a vision of gods throne that's still an alien sight in itself which he is also struggling to describe . if i can make a point on the same jive as yours for a moment but opposite. why doesn't he describe it explicitly as gods throne and cherubim? within the chapter 1? were only talking chapter 1 here.

cheers to you as well
i enjoy this topic
archalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 8:44:33 PM
( SIDE NOTE) might i add that this stated name Yahovah is belived to be what is refered to as Gods name ...is interesting ....as in modern Christianity God is commonly believed to be nameless yet going back to this hewbrew name Yahovah could actually be further evidence that was the alien leaders actual title . its not so hard believe that aliens had the power to show ezekiel the future with all their time travel abilities etc.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 8:52:13 PM
My mind is open to the possibility, but not so open to the point my brains fall out. As with all theories and things that sound good on paper that can't be proved. I won't believe or discount any of it until it proved "to my satisfaction" not anyone else's.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%