Jump to topic:

Bikinis...Why?

MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:44:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I just don't understand bikinis; culturally, socially, ethically, or...well any other -lly you can come up with. This is one of those things I just can't figure out; I can't make heads from tails on this one so I am posting this in the hopes that someone can help me to understand. Instead of having paragraph format here, I am going direct and concise with questions, I hope you don't mind.

Let me be fair and start with the pros I see.

1) Guys like it so they look.

Yeah, that' s the only pro I can come up with...so yeah, that's why I don't get it. I really hope there's a better reason than that. "It makes me feel good" is NOT a legitimate response either as that is just a passive way of saying guys check me out.

Here are a few random questions that came to mind while creating a different post. I am listing them in hopes that maybe I can get answers that create understanding for me:

1) Two females walk into a police station, one in a bikini the other in underwear. Girl in underwear is arrested, girl in bikini gets a smile and a wave. Why?

2) If the designer of the bikini had to get a stripper to model the bikini at its unveiling as no female would agree to model it, why would seemingly EVERY female today wear them?

3) Why do most females WANT to wear bikinis in public? Do females no longer think their bodies are special?

4) Do females not consider how it makes their partner (boyfriend, fiancee, husband, wife, etc.) feel to have their body on display for everyone to see?

5) Is it wrong for a man to disagree with bikinis?

6) Is it bad that I HATE going to the pool, water park, beach, etc. because my wife wears a bikini?

6.1) Is it bad that I also don't like going and even feel bad being there because every woman there is wearing a bikini?

7) Is it wrong that I feel that my body is special and should only be shared with my wife and wish my wife had the same thought?

8) Is it wrong that my wife WANTS me to take off my shirt at the pool, beach, etc. and show off my body instead of keeping it between us?

9) With all the feminists, women's power, equal rights, etc. groups and movements for "My body is my own", "My eyes are up here", etc.; why are there NO females out there screaming about or creating movements or petitions to ban bikinis?

10) Since you can see (let's be honest) just about EVERYTHING when a female wears a bikini, why aren't they arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor when they wear them in public?

11) If females enjoy wearing bikinis so much, working hard to get and keep that "bikini body", counting down the days til summer so they can wear them, etc. why not wear them as every day attire?

12) *Females Only* You know darn well bikinis show off EVERYTHING, leaving nothing to the imagination. So why even wear them; why not just throw some stickers over your nipples and nether region?

13) If you took your 10 year old child out to the park, you two were sitting on a bench, and a random lady came over, stood a few feet in front of you and stripped down to her bra and underwear then stood there or even turned around and started talking to your child you would obviously get EXTREMELY angry; so why don't you get angry in regards to bikinis?

14) *Females Only* Put on your favorite bikini and look at yourself in a mirror. Now change into your underwear and bra and look in the mirror again. Chances are you're now more covered than in that bikini. So, why do you use (or even have) dressing rooms? When you're clothes shopping, why not try everything on right there in the isle; just drop your jeans to the floor, stand there in your skivies and start trying clothes on. It would be much easier, much more efficient, and obviously you have no problem showing everything off; so what's the deal? Maybe this is a weird question and maybe you even jump back at first after reading this one maybe you even think I'm a pervert (which I assure you I am not); but if you think about it logically, it's a legit question with merit.

15) Women fought hard for decades and still do today for respect in the world and to be looked at as equals, not as objects for cooking, cleaning, and sex. Do women no longer have any self respect? Do women no longer want to demand respect or be viewed as more than sex objects?

16) Why? Just....why?

I know question 15 seems harsh and could probably be worded in a more politically correct manner but why should I? Listen, I am one of the most respectful and courteous individuals you will ever meet; "Yes miss, No miss" all the time, holding doors for women, and I have and always will be the first to jump forward to protect a female who needs help. However, that is an honest question that plagues me every time I think about bikinis. Plus, if it did offend you, ask yourself why it offended you. Understand that when a man sees you in a bikini he is NOT thinking "I wonder what she aspires to be in life" or "I bet she's really funny" or even "She looks like a great conversationalist", for the most part they have variations of two thought process on their mind:

1) How sexy is she on a scale of 1-10
2) How much of a freak will she be in bed

How do I know this? Because I am a man and I catch myself doing that. Also, I've been around for a while now and have associated myself with and hung out with guys from every side of the spectrum from the ultra geeks to the ultra jocks and everything in between. What do they all have in common? 100% of the time every single one of them turns to me and makes at least one of those two comments, never anything else.

Anyway, yeah....discuss. Be nice, be thoughtful, and be honest please.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:18:06 PM
Even if women wear it "just to feel good" and not in any way for the purpose of attracting male attention (though that's generally a kind of ridiculous claim), the fact is that men will generally be turned on by a woman in a bikini (if they find her attractive, that is). Men shouldn't be expected to go to extra trouble to not look whenever they're tempted to do so by women. Obviously people are generally capable of restraining themselves from going over to the woman in question and start touching her sexually, but staring is something that 95% of men would do in such a situation. It puts an unfair burden on men to expect them not to stare at a woman in a bikini. If you don't want men to stare, don't wear a bikini in public. If you wear a bikini in public, men have a right to stare.
It's not just a question concerning the rights of women whenever it affects men as well.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:54:09 PM
If you have to ask why, you will never understand why
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 2:46:41 PM
If you have to respond with something like: "If you have to ask why, you will never understand why"; then you will never understand why.

Oooooo return volley.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:13:49 PM
At 7/19/2015 2:46:41 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
If you have to respond with something like: "If you have to ask why, you will never understand why"; then you will never understand why.

Oooooo return volley.

Lame, end thread.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 4:07:00 PM
At 7/19/2015 1:44:58 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
I just don't understand bikinis; culturally, socially, ethically, or...well any other -lly you can come up with. This is one of those things I just can't figure out; I can't make heads from tails on this one so I am posting this in the hopes that someone can help me to understand. Instead of having paragraph format here, I am going direct and concise with questions, I hope you don't mind.

Yeah, that' s the only pro I can come up with...so yeah, that's why I don't get it. I really hope there's a better reason than that. "It makes me feel good" is NOT a legitimate response either as that is just a passive way of saying guys check me out.

Here are a few random questions that came to mind while creating a different post. I am listing them in hopes that maybe I can get answers that create understanding for me:

1) Two females walk into a police station, one in a bikini the other in underwear. Girl in underwear is arrested, girl in bikini gets a smile and a wave. Why?

2) If the designer of the bikini had to get a stripper to model the bikini at its unveiling as no female would agree to model it, why would seemingly EVERY female today wear them?

3) Why do most females WANT to wear bikinis in public? Do females no longer think their bodies are special?

4) Do females not consider how it makes their partner (boyfriend, fiancee, husband, wife, etc.) feel to have their body on display for everyone to see?

6) Is it bad that I HATE going to the pool, water park, beach, etc. because my wife wears a bikini?

6.1) Is it bad that I also don't like going and even feel bad being there because every woman there is wearing a bikini?

7) Is it wrong that I feel that my body is special and should only be shared with my wife and wish my wife had the same thought?

8) Is it wrong that my wife WANTS me to take off my shirt at the pool, beach, etc. and show off my body instead of keeping it between us?

9) With all the feminists, women's power, equal rights, etc. groups and movements for "My body is my own", "My eyes are up here", etc.; why are there NO females out there screaming about or creating movements or petitions to ban bikinis?

10) Since you can see (let's be honest) just about EVERYTHING when a female wears a bikini, why aren't they arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor when they wear them in public?

11) If females enjoy wearing bikinis so much, working hard to get and keep that "bikini body", counting down the days til summer so they can wear them, etc. why not wear them as every day attire?

12) *Females Only* You know darn well bikinis show off EVERYTHING, leaving nothing to the imagination. So why even wear them; why not just throw some stickers over your nipples and nether region?

13) If you took your 10 year old child out to the park, you two were sitting on a bench, and a random lady came over, stood a few feet in front of you and stripped down to her bra and underwear then stood there or even turned around and started talking to your child you would obviously get EXTREMELY angry; so why don't you get angry in regards to bikinis?

14) *Females Only* Put on your favorite bikini and look at yourself in a mirror. Now change into your underwear and bra and look in the mirror again. Chances are you're now more covered than in that bikini. So, why do you use (or even have) dressing rooms? When you're clothes shopping, why not try everything on right there in the isle; just drop your jeans to the floor, stand there in your skivies and start trying clothes on. It would be much easier, much more efficient, and obviously you have no problem showing everything off; so what's the deal? Maybe this is a weird question and maybe you even jump back at first after reading this one maybe you even think I'm a pervert (which I assure you I am not); but if you think about it logically, it's a legit question with merit.

15) Women fought hard for decades and still do today for respect in the world and to be looked at as equals, not as objects for cooking, cleaning, and sex. Do women no longer have any self respect? Do women no longer want to demand respect or be viewed as more than sex objects?

16) Why? Just....why?

I know question 15 seems harsh and could probably be worded in a more politically correct manner but why should I? Listen, I am one of the most respectful and courteous individuals you will ever meet; "Yes miss, No miss" all the time, holding doors for women, and I have and always will be the first to jump forward to protect a female who needs help. However, that is an honest question that plagues me every time I think about bikinis. Plus, if it did offend you, ask yourself why it offended you. Understand that when a man sees you in a bikini he is NOT thinking "I wonder what she aspires to be in life" or "I bet she's really funny" or even "She looks like a great conversationalist", for the most part they have variations of two thought process on their mind:

How do I know this? Because I am a man and I catch myself doing that. Also, I've been around for a while now and have associated myself with and hung out with guys from every side of the spectrum from the ultra geeks to the ultra jocks and everything in between. What do they all have in common? 100% of the time every single one of them turns to me and makes at least one of those two comments, never anything else.

A woman walking into a cop shop in her underwear would not get arrested.

Quit creating paper tigers to fight.

If you have a problem with bikinis, then don't look.

I love them, personally. One of the finest things on Gods's Green Earth is a hot, tanned woman in a string bikini walking along the beach.

You sound conflicted. What in thew world would prompt any red-blooded healthy male to post a rant against bikinis? I don't get it.

I would be interested to hear your take on guys wearing Speedos. LOL
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 4:38:16 PM
At 7/19/2015 4:07:00 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

: A woman walking into a cop shop in her underwear would not get arrested.
Yes they would. In fact, some cities have laws against men having their boxers showing from under their pants (sagging their pants). Go ahead and drop your pants to the ground and take a stroll into your local police station, watch what happens my friend.

: Quit creating paper tigers to fight.

What? I simply posed the question of why we allow them, not "fighting" anything and definitely not CREATING any problems. I'm simply posing the questions that nobody asks to get people thinking like watch this one: Go to a random female, ask her if she would get on stage at a (non-nude) gentlemen's club and start dancing. When she gets offended and says no then ask "Do you go to the pool, beach or water park in a bikini? Do you hide in the corner the entire time or do you get out there with your friends splashing, jumping and dancing around? Well then what's the difference outside of bar maids walking around serving drinks?" After all, you said it yourself, if you're wearing a bikini expect guys to be staring at you...just like doing a dance on stage.

: If you have a problem with bikinis, then don't look.
Really? This is your level of creativity and thoughtful response? Well, you must be quite the scholar.

: I love them, personally. One of the finest things on Gods's Green Earth is a hot, tanned woman in a string bikini walking along the beach.
Ladies, I would like to direct your attention to the type of "man" that designs things like the bikini as well as the type of "man" you are attracting. Some of you females may enjoy this but ask yourself this: "When you have a daughter and spend years raising her, how are you going to feel about pervy, single-minded "men" like this by the hundreds eyeing up your daughter with this thought process every time you two go for a swim?"

: You sound conflicted. What in thew world would prompt any red-blooded healthy male to post a rant against bikinis? I don't get it.
First, it's not a rant against bikinis, it's a healthy dialog that brings to the forefront realities of the world that we tend to overlook. Second, I was raised in a house of 7 females so I tend to have a much higher respect for women than the super majority of men out there. Third, I've spent my life protecting people so that probably plays into the factoring of my mindset here.

: I would be interested to hear your take on guys wearing Speedos. LOL
I have the same responses for these as I do bikinis. However, since guys seem to enjoy whipping themselves out for anything with two legs and utters (intended to imply cows and other animals in addition to females), case-in-point (I'm guessing from your responses) you, I don't bother identifying it as a problem as there is really no point at all.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 4:41:43 PM
At 7/19/2015 4:38:16 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 7/19/2015 4:07:00 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

: A woman walking into a cop shop in her underwear would not get arrested.
Yes they would. In fact, some cities have laws against men having their boxers showing from under their pants (sagging their pants). Go ahead and drop your pants to the ground and take a stroll into your local police station, watch what happens my friend.

: Quit creating paper tigers to fight.

What? I simply posed the question of why we allow them, not "fighting" anything and definitely not CREATING any problems. I'm simply posing the questions that nobody asks to get people thinking like watch this one: Go to a random female, ask her if she would get on stage at a (non-nude) gentlemen's club and start dancing. When she gets offended and says no then ask "Do you go to the pool, beach or water park in a bikini? Do you hide in the corner the entire time or do you get out there with your friends splashing, jumping and dancing around? Well then what's the difference outside of bar maids walking around serving drinks?" After all, you said it yourself, if you're wearing a bikini expect guys to be staring at you...just like doing a dance on stage.

: If you have a problem with bikinis, then don't look.
Really? This is your level of creativity and thoughtful response? Well, you must be quite the scholar.

: I love them, personally. One of the finest things on Gods's Green Earth is a hot, tanned woman in a string bikini walking along the beach.
Ladies, I would like to direct your attention to the type of "man" that designs things like the bikini as well as the type of "man" you are attracting. Some of you females may enjoy this but ask yourself this: "When you have a daughter and spend years raising her, how are you going to feel about pervy, single-minded "men" like this by the hundreds eyeing up your daughter with this thought process every time you two go for a swim?"

: You sound conflicted. What in thew world would prompt any red-blooded healthy male to post a rant against bikinis? I don't get it.
First, it's not a rant against bikinis, it's a healthy dialog that brings to the forefront realities of the world that we tend to overlook. Second, I was raised in a house of 7 females so I tend to have a much higher respect for women than the super majority of men out there. Third, I've spent my life protecting people so that probably plays into the factoring of my mindset here.

: I would be interested to hear your take on guys wearing Speedos. LOL
I have the same responses for these as I do bikinis. However, since guys seem to enjoy whipping themselves out for anything with two legs and utters (intended to imply cows and other animals in addition to females), case-in-point (I'm guessing from your responses) you, I don't bother identifying it as a problem as there is really no point at all.

You are what is called a "reactionary." Look it up.

I wear Speedos when I swim laps at the campus pool twice a week. They are faster than board shorts. And as far as I can recall I have not whipped it out while doing so.

LOL
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 6:52:09 PM
At 7/19/2015 4:41:43 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

: You are what is called a "reactionary." Look it up.
I know what a reactionary is and I am definitely not one. In fact, if you took a look at most of my other posts, you would see how much research I put in on topics, how knowledgeable I am, and how completely wrong that statement is. I don't think you were defining reactionary as "ultraconservative in politics" as you obviously didn't look at any of my posts so you would have no idea of where I stand politically.

: I wear Speedos when I swim laps at the campus pool twice a week. They are faster than board shorts. And as far as I can recall I have not whipped it out while doing so.
Ah, another one of those people having trouble with basic reading comprehension. This surprises me as you list yourself as having a Bachelor's Degree plus being employed in the medical field. What medical field pays less than a grade school teacher? I sure hope I don't run into you at any point for medical needs. If you can't read a simple statement how could I expect you to properly comprehend and react to medical data....OOOOO scary to think you're interacting with people's health. I never correlated men that wear Speedo swimwear with men that whip it out for anything with two legs and utters. I correlated it with most men in general. This statement, if it is actually read, could also be stated as: The set of most men contains the full set of men whipping it out; The set of men wearing Speedos is Not A Set, set does not exist.

Nice, Prescott, AZ home of the courthouse sporting a nice looking small square of lawn deemed a "park" that's littered with homeless, drifters, hippies, and shopping carts of cans so bad there are signs everywhere banning overnight stays; satisfaction in mediocrity, Ron Paul...really? You support the guy that is "Fine with" the legalization of prostitution, all drugs including heroine as long as there is an age limit like tobacco, says he's OK with gay marriage but wants to get the state out of weddings leaving it up to Churches (passing the buck to religion so he doesn't have to publicly be against it...coward), wants to get rid of the departments of energy, Education, Agriculture, EPA, Commerce, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, and the Department of Labor. get rid of anti-trust and anti-monopoly laws that are protecting the consumers and small businesses from getting bent over by big business. Then he wants to get rid of the Americans with Disabilities Act and let business decide if people with disabilities should work, have income, be able to afford housing, be able to eat, etc. or should they be tossed in the gutter like trash. Think about that, you work hard your entire life doing the right things, suddenly in your late 20's there is an accident at work due to some moron co-worker and you have a minor disability. Ron Paul would be fine with you going from earning $60,000 a year to a year later sleeping on the street, maybe a bed at the homeless shelter once in a while if you stand outside in line waiting all day for it to open. He also wants to give hospitals the ability to turn away people who can't produce proof of citizenship; yeah let a doctor having a bad day turn away a lady in labor because she's an illegal, she has her baby at the intersection with no care. I'm against illegal immigration and all but that's just jacked up. Oh, and the trust fund we've all been paying into called social security, he wants to take it away, same for Medicare and Medicaid.

So now your views and responses make sense. Basically, just like Mr. Paul there, you are a selfish, self-centered individual with no empathy or respect for anyone. You couldn't care less about what happens to anyone around you so long as it doesn't negatively impact your own life. A middle-aged egoist with the mental capacity and function of a drunk college Freshmen; worrying more about getting laid and looking cool for the little teenie boppers than the guy you just cutoff and ran off the road a half block back. Lines up pretty well with your comments if I may say so.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 6:56:38 PM
At 7/19/2015 6:52:09 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 7/19/2015 4:41:43 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

: You are what is called a "reactionary." Look it up.
I know what a reactionary is and I am definitely not one. In fact, if you took a look at most of my other posts, you would see how much research I put in on topics, how knowledgeable I am, and how completely wrong that statement is. I don't think you were defining reactionary as "ultraconservative in politics" as you obviously didn't look at any of my posts so you would have no idea of where I stand politically.

: I wear Speedos when I swim laps at the campus pool twice a week. They are faster than board shorts. And as far as I can recall I have not whipped it out while doing so.
Ah, another one of those people having trouble with basic reading comprehension. This surprises me as you list yourself as having a Bachelor's Degree plus being employed in the medical field. What medical field pays less than a grade school teacher? I sure hope I don't run into you at any point for medical needs. If you can't read a simple statement how could I expect you to properly comprehend and react to medical data....OOOOO scary to think you're interacting with people's health. I never correlated men that wear Speedo swimwear with men that whip it out for anything with two legs and utters. I correlated it with most men in general. This statement, if it is actually read, could also be stated as: The set of most men contains the full set of men whipping it out; The set of men wearing Speedos is Not A Set, set does not exist.

Nice, Prescott, AZ home of the courthouse sporting a nice looking small square of lawn deemed a "park" that's littered with homeless, drifters, hippies, and shopping carts of cans so bad there are signs everywhere banning overnight stays; satisfaction in mediocrity, Ron Paul...really? You support the guy that is "Fine with" the legalization of prostitution, all drugs including heroine as long as there is an age limit like tobacco, says he's OK with gay marriage but wants to get the state out of weddings leaving it up to Churches (passing the buck to religion so he doesn't have to publicly be against it...coward), wants to get rid of the departments of energy, Education, Agriculture, EPA, Commerce, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, and the Department of Labor. get rid of anti-trust and anti-monopoly laws that are protecting the consumers and small businesses from getting bent over by big business. Then he wants to get rid of the Americans with Disabilities Act and let business decide if people with disabilities should work, have income, be able to afford housing, be able to eat, etc. or should they be tossed in the gutter like trash. Think about that, you work hard your entire life doing the right things, suddenly in your late 20's there is an accident at work due to some moron co-worker and you have a minor disability. Ron Paul would be fine with you going from earning $60,000 a year to a year later sleeping on the street, maybe a bed at the homeless shelter once in a while if you stand outside in line waiting all day for it to open. He also wants to give hospitals the ability to turn away people who can't produce proof of citizenship; yeah let a doctor having a bad day turn away a lady in labor because she's an illegal, she has her baby at the intersection with no care. I'm against illegal immigration and all but that's just jacked up. Oh, and the trust fund we've all been paying into called social security, he wants to take it away, same for Medicare and Medicaid.

So now your views and responses make sense. Basically, just like Mr. Paul there, you are a selfish, self-centered individual with no empathy or respect for anyone. You couldn't care less about what happens to anyone around you so long as it doesn't negatively impact your own life. A middle-aged egoist with the mental capacity and function of a drunk college Freshmen; worrying more about getting laid and looking cool for the little teenie boppers than the guy you just cutoff and ran off the road a half block back. Lines up pretty well with your comments if I may say so.

Yep. Reactionary.

And one who is none too bright, either. Sounds like you have not been to Prescott in a long time, as well. You should avoid speaking of things you know nothing about. But then, that would severely limit your posting options. LOL

Troll.
annaliese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:50:55 PM

yes, guys have eyes.

Many people are still not fully comfortable with the idea of women going nude on top. Also, I feel like this is a completely fake situation.
Modesty was much more important back in older times. I'm talking long skirts and everything. Now, modesty obviously is not as important. Also, IT GETS HOT OUTSIDE, OKAY?
Why do annoying teenage boys always sag their pants? Who WANTS to show their underwear? I'm sorry that didn't answer the question, I just have to point that out.
Hmm well if guys can take their shirt off and expose their abs to every girl on the planet, I think girls have the right to look good in a bikini.
Nah, but you might be the only man.
That's a bit excessive.
Your opinion
Most of the population has shared their "special body" with at least one other person (not their significant other) at some point, but I see where you're coming from.
She's probably proud of your body, which is cute.
I was really hoping the angle of the feminists would be slightly adjusted. Yes, guys are always gonna be gross guys, but they shouldn't judge different body types wearing bikinis. If that makes sense. I get that guys should stop being nasty, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
Most string bikinis are banned at public places and waterparks, so you can't see their full butt. Also you can't see females' nipples in a bikini....and those are the two big no-nos. So people move on with their life.
The weather does change and become cold. It's also a good motivator to work out, just saying.
: 12) *Females Only* You know darn well bikinis show off EVERYTHING, leaving nothing to the imagination. So why even wear them; why not just throw some stickers over your nipples and nether region?
Because that takes away the fun of shopping for cute patterned bikinis. I'm serious.
When would this situation ever happen?
Since your last situation was no different, I don't think that any store would ever let this happen either.
This isn't all just about sex. Yeah, sure, there are probably some people like that. But I just want to LOOK GOOD. I don't care about the guys that think I look nasty, or do cat-calls or anything. If I look good, I feel good. Simple as that. Doesn't mean I'm trying to be sexual.
16) Why? Just....why?
You really seem to have a problem with bikinis.
You actually never know. Not all guys are pigs.

How do I know this? Because I am a man and I catch myself doing that. Also, I've been around for a while now and have associated myself with and hung out with guys from every side of th
I love the sound you make when you shut up.
https://www.youtube.com...
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:18:09 PM
@annaliese

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a thoughtful response. I definitely have a better idea of the mindset and intent.

For question #13 with you taking your child to the park, yes it is pretty far fetched and hopefully would never happen. However, I was simply going for similarity in real life. The thought there was simply switch the park environment for the water park and if if you got mad at the park, why not at the water park?

Overall, I guess I'm just an old fashioned kind of young man. I guess I have different values than most of my generation. After all, growing up, when we were at parties and the hookup session and "Rainbow" parties started happening, I was THAT guy who always left and walked around town solo so I didn't do something I would regret later in life you know.

Again, thanks for the response.
annaliese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:22:05 PM
At 7/19/2015 8:18:09 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
@annaliese

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a thoughtful response. I definitely have a better idea of the mindset and intent.
You're welcome, glad I could help.
For question #13 with you taking your child to the park, yes it is pretty far fetched and hopefully would never happen. However, I was simply going for similarity in real life. The thought there was simply switch the park environment for the water park and if if you got mad at the park, why not at the water park?

Overall, I guess I'm just an old fashioned kind of young man. I guess I have different values than most of my generation. After all, growing up, when we were at parties and the hookup session and "Rainbow" parties started happening, I was THAT guy who always left and walked around town solo so I didn't do something I would regret later in life you know.
Yup, you seem really classy, and I respect that. I would just encourage you to try and stay calm in public situations with bikinis, because you are never going to get any other guy to understand.
Again, thanks for the response.
No problem.
I love the sound you make when you shut up.
https://www.youtube.com...
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:33:34 PM

16) Why? Just....why?

Because it's hot. :3
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:54:44 PM
At 7/19/2015 8:33:34 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:

16) Why? Just....why?

LOL. Well put and succinct.

But your very good point may be lost on MakesSense.

I don't think he has much of a libido.

If anybody did...well, this would be all we need show them in order to justify the existence of bikinis.........http://www.bing.com...=
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:55:09 PM

It's a social standard that underwear is private while a swim suit isn't. If a man walked into a police station in his boxers and another in a Speedo, the same would happen.

At the time, many things that were not socially acceptable at that time are socially acceptable now. For instance, if man and wife slept in the same bed on T.V., it was scandalous.

It's the point they're trying to get male attention and like the way the water feels on them. I could say the same about males in short swim suits.

Again, I could say the same about a males' swimsuit. They always have the option to show less if they want.

Yes. Just.... Yes XD

Yes. You're being jealous and insecure for no good reason. I can guarantee you the whole park won't sit and stare at your wife's boobs, mkay? :3

You just aren't that comfortable around women in that situation. Nothing to be ashamed of.

No. Many men dream of the same thing, bud. But, that's not always reality. Plus, both of y'all aren't revealing much. She isn't showing nipple or anything else. Be happy about that. It's just human anatomy. Nothing to be guarded about.

I would say your wife is a bit... lets just say wild..

That would be ridiculous. I wouldn't sign that petition. :3 It's the woman's body. If she wants to wear a bikini, then so be it.

Because every "inappropriate" part is covered

Climate and bikinis are meant for the pool and beach.

hehehehehehehehehehehehe that would actually show a lot more for males. So, females please take her advice.

Actually, I wouldn't. She's still covered (unless it's see through main reason why underwear is a no no)

At this point, you're just ranting. The women chose to buy those bikinis knowing how much is being shown. Stop.

.....Is this a joke..? If this isn't..... dear God.... I could say the same for males wearing swimsuits.... Hey males! We have been considered the superior sex until this generation! We need to stand up to the women and not let them see us as sex toys!

16) Why? Just....why?

Then you're a pig because I don't think like that and I'm a perverted 14 year old male.

How do I know this? Because I am a man and I catch myself doing that. Also, I've been around for a while now and have associated myself with and hung out with guys from every side of the spectrum from the ultra geeks to the ultra jocks and everything in between. What do they all have in common? 100% of the time every single one of them turns to me and makes at least one of those two comments, never any
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:55:52 PM
At 7/19/2015 8:54:44 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

16) Why? Just....why?

LOL. Well put and succinct.

But your very good point may be lost on MakesSense.

I don't think he has much of a libido.

If anybody did...well, this would be all we need show them in order to justify the existence of bikinis.........http://www.bing.com...=

Yes! You see the truth!
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 12:09:16 AM
@Cooldudebro

Really? You take a man that shows class, dignity, and respect for women and bash him for no reason? You are a true testament to what is destroying society.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 12:12:30 AM
****Edit*** @Saint_of_Me

Really? You take a man that shows class, dignity, and respect for women and bash him for no reason? You are a true testament to what is destroying society.

@Cooldudebro

Sry Cooldudebro, deleting everything I saved the wrong name. That post was meant for him.
IsabellaS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 12:25:13 AM

16) Why? Just....why?

This was an excellent post. I am a woman and have often felt at odds because I do not like to wear bikinis outdoors. And no, I do not lack confidence in my body; I am in shape and do not have any lack of confidence in that area. People have called me antiquated, a granny and whatnot, but I believe that your body is for yourself and your significant other only. The idea that women walk around to show off their body seems anti-feminist in my opinion. As you mentioned, most men, when seeing a woman in a bikini have two very basic questions in mind. Yes, some women get pleasure from having a man stare at them up and down, but it really does run contrary to many progressive feminist values, among many other basic values as well. There is a tremendous loss of emphasis on the privacy of a body- no you do not need to cover up completely, but should every male/female see basically the same thing that your partner sees in private? You have made several good points in your post, and I respect your opinion on this matter.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 12:59:47 AM
At 7/20/2015 12:25:13 AM, IsabellaS wrote:

: This was an excellent post. I am a woman and have often felt at odds because I do not like to wear bikinis outdoors. And no, I do not lack confidence in my body; I am in shape and do not have any lack of confidence in that area. People have called me antiquated, a granny and whatnot, but I believe that your body is for yourself and your significant other only. The idea that women walk around to show off their body seems anti-feminist in my opinion. As you mentioned, most men, when seeing a woman in a bikini have two very basic questions in mind. Yes, some women get pleasure from having a man stare at them up and down, but it really does run contrary to many progressive feminist values, among many other basic values as well. There is a tremendous loss of emphasis on the privacy of a body- no you do not need to cover up completely, but should every male/female see basically the same thing that your partner sees in private? You have made several good points in your post, and I respect your opinion on this matter.

I am glad my posting touched home with you. I hope that knowing now that you are not alone in your thought process brings you a little comfort in your ventures to public, water based entertainment venues.
mrsatan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 2:52:00 AM

Because some laws shouldn't be laws. Even then, this is highly dependent on location. Legal in some places, illegal in others. Should be legal in both.

Because they want to. Times change, people change with them. If a woman is comfortable being in public in a bikini, I see no harm in it.

What do you mean by "special"? Clearly, they don't feel they need to hide their bodies.

Perhaps females assume their significant others would say something if it's upsetting.

Out of the ordinary, sure, but not wrong.

It's bad that your wife is making you uncomfortable. Have you discussed it with her? Perhaps she would wear something else for your sake, or perhaps you should just let your wife be who she is, and wear what she wants to.

Why do you feel bad about it? Presumably, nobody is forcing those women to wear bikinis.

Not at all. I'm not sure why you care if anyone else shares that thought, though.

It's no more wrong of her to wish you shared her thoughts than it is for you to wish she shared your thoughts.

Feminism is about freedoms for women, not limiting their freedoms. Banning bikinis would be the latter.

Because they cover the parts that are illegal to show in public (the vagina and nipples).

Because bikinis do little to stave off cold weather... I'm sorry, but isn't that one obvious?

I wouldn't be angry at all. I would be extremely confused, and as such behavior would be very unusual, I'd likely get my kid away from her pretty quickly.

Females only?!? What, I can't put on my favorite bikini and try this little experiment, too?... How rude.

Does the same apply to men, or are you suggesting their should be a double standard? What about less clothing suggests one is less deserving of respect?

16) Why? Just....why?

Perhaps they want guys to ogle at them. It's called "attracting a mate". And by "mate", I might mean someone to share their life with, or I might mean a one-night stand. It really doesn't matter. It's their life, so who are you to say how they should live it?

To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 3:14:18 AM
mrsatan:

For #11, Not sure why everyone's minds immediately jump to winter on this one but thatl's not what I meant it to be. What I meant is something along the lines of you not wanting to go to the beach today, instead you wish to just walk around town, shop, or w/e. Let's say tomorrow you head out to the mall, see all those women? Why aren't they wearing bikinis?
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 4:08:38 AM
Bikini's are great! And actually very practical if you live in a warmer climate.

Also, if you wear a swimming costume (EWW), you'd get even more ridiculous tan lines *and* they're not so quick to take off.

Bikini's are pretty much no different to lingerie...so it'd weird to actually dislike them.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 4:19:34 AM

Cool

I'm not aware of this happening or it being illegal for a woman to walk around in her underwear.

Plenty of fashion models who would never consider stripping, model bikinis.

What does wearing a bikini in public have to do with thinking their body is special? Why should special things be hidden? Should the pyramids be hidden, because they are special?

Only guys with small penises have to worry about people knowing their women are pretty.

Nope, just dumb.

Yes, but her a vibrater, if you're worried about losing her, because you can't satisfy her. Having a small penis is no excuse for acting like an insecure little girl.

It's unusual. What kind of freak is bothered by that?

Your wife and you should only share your bodies with each other, but neither of you should be such horrible people that you would want to hide the other's body parts.

No, stop being a weirdo. Nobody is gawking at your body. Just be a real man, and stop it, with the highly unusual hang ups.

Because it's stupid. Women should be able to wear what they want or nothing at all, and still be treated like humans.

It doesn't contribute to delinquency. It's harmless. A boy seeing some boobies, isn't going to be traumatized for life, despite Nancy Grace continually chastising great teachers for helping young men fulfill their fantasy.

Sometimes it's cold out, or the public percieves it as inappropriate.

I agree. They should be able to.

16) Why? Just....why?

MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 6:49:28 AM
At 7/20/2015 4:19:34 AM, Wylted wrote:

: : 2) If the designer of the bikini had to get a stripper to model the bikini at its unveiling as no female would agree to model it, why would seemingly EVERY female today wear them?

Plenty of fashion models who would never consider stripping, model bikinis.

You misread this one. No fashion model would agree to wear the first bikini at it's debut as they felt it was too revealing and demeaning. The designer had to hire a stripper to be the fashion model. If it took hiring a stripper to wear the first bikini, why are women so accepting of them today?

: What does wearing a bikini in public have to do with thinking their body is special? Why should special things be hidden? Should the pyramids be hidden, because they are special?

Your comparison of the female body and pyramids is not a good one. "Special" here refers to the widely held belief (by men and women alike) up until around 1960's 1970's that your body should only be on display to your partner in private, never should it be on display for the world which is what a bikini does. I hope that makes a bit more sense.

: : 4) Do females not consider how it makes their partner (boyfriend, fiancee, husband, wife, etc.) feel to have their body on display for everyone to see?

Only guys with small penises have to worry about people knowing their women are pretty.

WOW. Really? You keep that EXACT thought process in mind when you have a daughter and perverts like you are staring at her.

: : 5) Is it wrong for a man to disagree with bikinis?

Nope, just dumb.

See, this is where my problem with bikinis truly comes from. Knowing there are perverted scum like you hovering around everywhere. Guys like you should never be allowed in public because you ruin stuff for everyone.

: : 6) Is it bad that I HATE going to the pool, water park, beach, etc. because my wife wears a bikini?

Yes, but her a vibrater, if you're worried about losing her, because you can't satisfy her. Having a small penis is no excuse for acting like an insecure little girl.

No, I just have 3 things you obviously COMPLETELY lack and probably never even heard of: Class, Dignity, and Respect for women. I feel bad for the drunk girl you take advantage of and knock up.

: : 7) Is it wrong that I feel that my body is special and should only be shared with my wife and wish my wife had the same thought?

Your wife and you should only share your bodies with each other, but neither of you should be such horrible people that you would want to hide the other's body parts.

So I'm starting to think either you were raised in a cult or your parents lacked boundaries raising you.

: : 8) Is it wrong that my wife WANTS me to take off my shirt at the pool, beach, etc. and show off my body instead of keeping it between us?

No, stop being a weirdo. Nobody is gawking at your body. Just be a real man, and stop it, with the highly unusual hang ups.

modesty, decency, humility, virtuous, humbleness, unpretentious -- Six words you should learn the meanings of and inject them into your life.

: : 9) With all the feminists, women's power, equal rights, etc. groups and movements for "My body is my own", "My eyes are up here", etc.; why are there NO females out there screaming about or creating movements or petitions to ban bikinis?

Because it's stupid. Women should be able to wear what they want or nothing at all, and still be treated like humans.

Women should be treated like humans....made me laugh hearing that from you.

: : 10) Since you can see (let's be honest) just about EVERYTHING when a female wears a bikini, why aren't they arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor when they wear them in public?

It doesn't contribute to delinquency. It's harmless. A boy seeing some boobies, isn't going to be traumatized for life, despite Nancy Grace continually chastising great teachers for helping young men fulfill their fantasy.

Trauma shows in different ways. For example, you turned into the filterless, classless, pedophile, pig you display to the world today.
mrsatan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 9:22:39 AM
At 7/20/2015 3:14:18 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
mrsatan:

For #11, Not sure why everyone's minds immediately jump to winter on this one but thatl's not what I meant it to be. What I meant is something along the lines of you not wanting to go to the beach today, instead you wish to just walk around town, shop, or w/e. Let's say tomorrow you head out to the mall, see all those women? Why aren't they wearing bikinis?

Gotcha, the question seemed to imply the time of year as the focus.

But, why would they? I don't know about you, but I don't put on my swim trunks to go shopping. However, I do see women who are simply 'out on the town' wearing shorts that aren't much more than belts, along with tops that are quite revealing, skin tight pants, etc... Is that really any different?
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 9:42:34 AM
At 7/20/2015 9:22:39 AM, mrsatan wrote:

: Gotcha, the question seemed to imply the time of year as the focus.

But, why would they? I don't know about you, but I don't put on my swim trunks to go shopping. However, I do see women who are simply 'out on the town' wearing shorts that aren't much more than belts, along with tops that are quite revealing, skin tight pants, etc... Is that really any different?

This is true, great point. I can accept that as an applicable response.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 10:32:38 AM
At 7/20/2015 4:08:38 AM, Emilrose wrote:

: Bikini's are pretty much no different to lingerie...so it'd weird to actually dislike them.

I don't really dislike like them, in fact I LOVE seeing my wife in them. Through discussing it here I have found my issue to be my chivalry, protective nature, class, private nature, conservative personality in terms of clothing; and most of all, it's just exhausting trying to keep my anger hidden and keep my cool when those guys walk by just blatantly staring directly at my wife's chest, even doing laps to get multiple looks like they're being sneaky.

As for me being uptight about other women in bikinis and everything; look, I'm a man, and as respectful and classy as I am, women are beautiful. It's not that I'm uptight or anything of the sort; fact is (although my wife has trouble believing this because of how loose society is) I don't look at other women. My eyes, focus and attention are my wife's and her's alone. For example: About a month ago I was at the store standing in line for the self checkout behind a very good looking college girl in a very tiny skirt. I looked to the side instead of at her, but I heard a bang which got my attention and turned back just in time to see that she was bent over, her skirt covering NOTHING, going commando and displaying not just her backside but also pushing her.....well use your imagination....back through her legs like she was offering. Instead of staring like most guys would, I very quickly turned around to give her a few seconds to stand back up.