Jump to topic:

FML! A little help, please

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 9:51:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm about to throw this goddamn computer across the room.

Situation: I have homework due Wednesday for a Statistics class. I'm quickly learning that almost the entirety of the course is learning Excel, NOT Statistics.

I have to create various histograms.

"1.Using the ‘shop online' data, create a histogram (first by hand on a piece of paper and then using Excel) reflecting how often people shop online per month. Using the same data from a sample of 100 individuals, develop a pie chart. For the pie chart, use the following categories:
a. Never
b. 1-5 times per month
c. 6-10
d. 11-15
e. Over 15

The concept is insanely easy, right? Well, no, not if you don't know how to get these values in the cells and also how to represent a-e in the legend. This is just the first exercise. I have 6 more histograms to create and then extrapolate all the data and present a thesis by Wednesday. FML.

How in the f*uckety f*ck do I do that? I've been fumble-f*cking with this sh!t all morning.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 10:09:08 AM
Enter the values for A through E in cells.. like...
A
B
C
D
E

then high lite those 5 cells and go into graphs and charts wizard (i believe it is called) and then follow the steps to make a pie chart.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 10:20:23 AM
At 8/22/2010 9:51:10 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I'm about to throw this goddamn computer across the room.

Situation: I have homework due Wednesday for a Statistics class. I'm quickly learning that almost the entirety of the course is learning Excel, NOT Statistics.

I have to create various histograms.

"1.Using the ‘shop online' data, create a histogram (first by hand on a piece of paper and then using Excel) reflecting how often people shop online per month. Using the same data from a sample of 100 individuals, develop a pie chart. For the pie chart, use the following categories:
a. Never
b. 1-5 times per month
c. 6-10
d. 11-15
e. Over 15

The concept is insanely easy, right? Well, no, not if you don't know how to get these values in the cells and also how to represent a-e in the legend. This is just the first exercise. I have 6 more histograms to create and then extrapolate all the data and present a thesis by Wednesday. FML.

How in the f*uckety f*ck do I do that? I've been fumble-f*cking with this sh!t all morning.

Try searching the internet. I found how to make a box and whisker plot after two hours or so of trying.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 10:21:54 AM
At 8/22/2010 10:09:08 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Enter the values for A through E in cells.. like...
A
B
C
D
E

then high lite those 5 cells and go into graphs and charts wizard (i believe it is called) and then follow the steps to make a pie chart.:

Yeah, I did that already. For some reason Chart Wizard isn't accepting it. I appreciate the reply though, thanks
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2010 11:21:24 AM
http://support.microsoft.com...
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.