Boondocks mafia exposition.

feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:01:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Alive players: Innomen, Sac8.

Wjm and JBlake targeted each other last NP and the game is over.

Town wins (mafia eliminated)
Serial killer comes second (only remaining characters are white or bi-racial).

#TheLwerd: You are Bushido Brown, the elite bodyguard.
You may choose one player to protect each NP. If they are targeted for a kill, then both you and the attacker will die, but your protectee will be unharmed.

L bluffed that she would defend Badger but actually correctly predicted that the mafia would target Reasoning and died protecting him, taking out Alex Hanson in the process , NP1.

#Innomen: You are Ed Wuncler III, the paranoid gun owner.
If you are targetted with a mafia or vig kill, or with an investigation, your attacker or investigator will be killed. This is a one-shot ability and after using it, you will revert to a regular townie.

Innomen declared his role early on, which made him pretty safe from the mafia, but didn't stop several members of the town suspecting him of being mafia, especially when they realised his character's grandfather was in the mafia. Boondocks is not the kind of show where good and evil are clearly defined, Ed III is a bad apple but generally sides with the Freeman brothers.

#Reasoning: You are Robert Jebediah Freeman, a townie regular, for now.
After NP 1: You have developed a role. Your grandson Riley was murdered in the night and this tragic event has filled you with righteous, venemous rage. You now have a one-shot vig kill ability that you can use from next NP.

Reasoning wasn't very active in this game, he never used his vig kill and was taken out by the serial killer on NP3.

#badger: You are Riley Freeman aka Riley Escobar aka Young Reezy, the over-eager vigilante. Each NP you must choose one player to target for a kill.
If you do not choose one, then a random target will be assigned.

badger killed panda on NP1 and was then himself targeted by the serial killer the same night.

#Sac8: You are Jazmine DuBois, a townie regular, for now.
After NP 1: You have developed a role. Your father Tom was killed in the night and this traumatic event has scarred you horribly. You are an emotional powder-keg of rage and if anyone tries to harm you, you are sure to take them down with you. You are now the bomb.

Sac survived the whole game without doing a whole lot, well done mate.

#Korashk: You are Huey Freeman, the jack of all trades.
Each NP, you may choose to target one player with one action.
You have the following abilities which you can use just once each throughout the game:
1. Vig kill.
2. Alignment investigation. This will tell you whether someone is Pro or Anti Town but not their character or role.
3. Character investigation. This will reveal a player's Boondocks character, but not alignment or role.
4. Protect. This can be used on any player including yourself. If someone targets them for any kind of action, it will not work. If it is a kill, neither you, the attacker or the intended victim will be harmed.
5. Track. Follow one player and see who they visit during the NP.
6. Watch. Watch one player and see who visits them during the NP.

Korashk watched Mongoose on NP1, presumably expecting the mafia to target him. Korashk was confused to see Badger visiting Mongoose's home when this didn't seem to fit the story, the reason for this was simple, Badger visited (and killed) panda and panda and mongoose's characters, being husband and wife, shared the same home. In NP2, Korashk chose to investigate JBlake, an alignment investigation at this point would (just) have revealed JBlake as anti-town, but Korashk chose a character investigation which simply verified JBlake's character claim. It was all immaterial though, cos JBlake killed him the same night.

# Panda: You are Thomas Lancaster DuBois, the public prosecutor.
Your role is basically that of a cop. You can choose one player to investigate each night and will be told their alignment (pro or anti town) but not their character or role.
Unknown to panda: [Actually a naive and paranoid, therefore crazy cop, Tom will find all anti-town players innocent and all pro-town players, apart from his own family, guilty] Killed by vig on NP1 after investigating Sac8 (who came up innocent as his character is panda's character's daughter).

I thought this role would be interesting as the town found out the cop was mostly wrong, but it didn't work out that way as badger killed him NP1.

#Mongoose: You are Sarah DuBois, a townie regular, for now.
After NP1: You have developed a role that you will be able to use from next NP. With the death of your husband Tom, the public prosecutor, you now have access to his investigative and legal files as well as a a desperate determination to uncover the identity of those responsible for his death. You get a one-shot investigative ability that you can use from next NP.

Mongoose succesfully investigated LeafRod on NP2, leading to his lynch. He was killed by the mafia on NP3.

#Mongeese: You are Otis Jackson aka Thugnificent, a townie regular.

Mongeese wasn't the most active player in this game and was killed by the mafia on NP2.

Mafia:

wjmelements: You are Colonel H. Stinkmeaner, leader of the mafia.
You decide who the mafia kill and will carry out the mafia kills if your goons die.
After DP4: As any avid follower of the Boondocks would know, killing Stinkmeaner is insufficient to eradicate the hatred he embodies. In season two the ghost of Stinkmeaner returned to wreak havoc in Woodcrest. You have a resurrection ability which has been concealed up till now.

Wjm was initially peeved to not have the usual innocent under investigation Godfather ability, although of course panda would have found him innocent anyway and he actually had the far more powerful resurrection ability.

#AlexRae: You are Lamilton Taeshawn, mafia goon no.1.
You are responsible for carrying out the mafia kills and will assume leadership of the mafia if your two superiors die.

Alex was the first to die in this game, lynched after claiming an obvious character on DP1.

#LeafRod: You are Ed Wuncler Sr, the benefactor agent and mafia no.2.
If your leader dies you will take on responsibility for selecting night kill targets, but will only carry out the kills yourself if you are the last mafia left alive.
Your role as benefactor means that each NP, you can choose one player to have their vote count as two votes in the next DP.
In addition, each NP, you can send one anonymous message in PM to me, which I will pass on to one player of your choice.

I thought the agent role would be interesting but LeafRod never got to utilise it properly. Every time he targeted a player to send a message to, JBlake killed them the same night, first badger, then Korashk. LeafRod was lynched DP3 after Mongoose investigated him.

#Alex_Hanson: You are Butch Magnus Milosevic, mafia goon no.2.

Alex was inactive and was killed by Lwerd on NP1 while trying to conduct the mafia kill.

Third party:

#JBlake: You are Uncle Ruckus, the racist serial killer. It's an experimental role I've created for this game.
You are a black man who hates black people and considers himself white.
There are four white characters and one bi-racial character in the game. Everyone else is black.
Each NP you can choose to target one player to kill.
If you kill a white character, you will also kill yourself.
If white people become a majority in the mafia, then you will become included in the mafia PM.
If the town ceases to have a black majority, you will become innocent to all investigations.
You win if white characters outnumber black characters (not including yourself) at the end of the game.

JBlake played really well and was advantaged by the large number of early character claims. He took out badger, korashk, mongeese and wjmelements and won although he didn't survive.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:05:29 AM
I think the mod screwed over the Mafia by giving one shot roles to player once the main roles died.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:07:20 AM
At 8/24/2010 10:05:29 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I think the mod screwed over the Mafia by giving one shot roles to player once the main roles died.

Agreed.

Also, why do I not win FIRST place?
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:13:35 AM
I made this quite a complex game with loads of roles but all were inspired directly from their characters on the show. I think if more players watched the show (which is really f*cking funny, subversive and engaging), then gameplay could have been better.

I don't think the mafia was under-powered, if anything I was worried that they were a bit over-powered. With wjm's resurrection ability, they effectively started the game with 5 mafia. Additionally, the town had no doctor, just an elite bodyguard and the joat's protect (which was never used), a crazy cop and a serial killer to deal with.

I tried to balance things out with the rule about voting for family members, which could have saved a lot of townies from being lynched, and with the dormant roles that developed when important townies were killed. I wanted a fast and bloody game though, partly cos I'm going away on Thursday and wanted the game over by then.

It was very lucky for JBlake that the mafia lost a black player first, as he was in their PM thread from NP1 and got to find out a lot of information this way. I was surprised nobody seemed to suspect his character of being anti-town after he claimed it, but again, I guess that's knowing the show.

Well played everyone.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:15:32 AM

See post above. Also, only one of these roles was used.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:16:58 AM
At 8/24/2010 10:07:20 AM, JBlake wrote:

Agreed.

Also, why do I not win FIRST place?

Because you didn't survive.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:20:01 AM
I was pretty freaking overpowered, even if I only got to use two abilities.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 10:41:10 AM
At 8/24/2010 10:22:32 AM, badger wrote:
everyone's a critic...

Too true.

WJM!!!!! I owe you one now. I'm coming after you. Well played, sir.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 12:28:08 PM
i honestly should have suspected JBlake. uncle ruckus is the kind of player who would have a racist role and there was no one else who would have carried out those kills with racial undertones. if we had killed him NP1 like i wanted instead of targeting reasoning things may have turned out differently.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 12:37:17 PM
I had a lot of fun with this game. There was plenty of intrigue for me.

Good game, everyone. The mafia would have won if WJM's character was white.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 5:43:48 PM
At 8/24/2010 12:37:17 PM, JBlake wrote:
Good game, everyone. The mafia would have won if WJM's character was white.

No, I would have been lynched the next day phase. It would have been uber hard to convince everyone that the remaining mafioso was not myself. Possible, but very difficult.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2010 9:28:21 PM
if wjmelements were white, then JBlake would have had to forego his kill so that two people would be alive to vote against wjm the next DP.