Jump to topic:

RiP Britt Waller

BeautifulDisaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 7:37:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Leon Britt Waller was found in his Apt. Aug. 16, 2010 dead. He had several health problems including epilepsy, which is my opinion of what killed him. Britt had just celebrated his 29th birthday.
Being that Britt came from a JW home growing up, then rebeled against them and didn't have a 'religion', his mom had him cremated and did not hold any type of funeral service for him.
I went to High School with Britt and have been friends with him ever since. He was very intelligent and caring. He spent his last several years volunteering with the American Red Cross and helping others.
Good-Bye, My Friend...I will miss you!!!!!! <3
RIP My Friend! <3
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 7:46:28 AM
Oh man. My condolences. I never really knew Britt as a member but he was well respected.

For those of you who do not know who Britt Waller is: http://www.debate.org...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
askbob2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 8:24:18 AM
I made this account just to say that Brittwaller was a great guy and I will truely miss him. We had great conversations and debates. He really was a good caring guy. I'm shaking as I type this. I hope phil will forgive me making this account. I will deactivate it immediately.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 9:09:30 AM
This is awful news. Britt was one of the most genuinely nice guys who used to frequent this site. This is a very sad day. Thank you for thinking to come here to inform us of this most unfortunate news.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 9:39:31 AM
Man, that's wild. I don't think I was here (around November 08) for when he was more active, but I remember what I did see from him was always interesting. Condolences to everyone close to him.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 10:13:28 AM
At 8/25/2010 9:39:31 AM, LeafRod wrote:
Man, that's wild. I don't think I was here (around November 08) for when he was more active, but I remember what I did see from him was always interesting. Condolences to everyone close to him.

I think you mean November 2009? He was here in 2008. He was one of the leading and most influential members during his time here. :(
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 10:25:10 AM
I can't remember my timeline exactly, but I first joined in November 2008. I don't think I ever went on the forums though and I had one or two debates. Then I became active again maybe around March 2009.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 10:38:58 AM
this is sad. he wasn't very active since i've been here either, but from what i did see of him he seemed like a very nice fella and i'm sorry he's not with us anymore. rip. thanks for stumbleupon. :(
signature
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 3:03:39 PM
This seriously hit me really hard. He was one of my very favorite on this website. Just wow....
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 3:16:15 PM
This is pretty heartbreaking... He truly was a really nice, sincere, intelligent guy. We briefly discussed his health problems in the past, but I didn't expect them to be life threatening. It's understandable that his family opted for a non-JW funeral, but pretty upsetting that his friends didn't get the chance to say goodbye. It's also unfortunate that the newer members didn't get a chance to know him or talk to him -- He was pretty friggin awesome. No other words. I'm genuinely sad that he's gone and can whole heartedly say that he will be missed. Last time we talked, he was having some problems with his family, but I hope they were resolved and that he was at least happy these past few months that we haven't spoken. I wish his loved ones all the best in dealing with this tragic loss.
President of DDO
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 1:08:08 AM
I didn't know him well, but it is so unfortunate for anyone so young to go. RIP man. I hope your close ones are doing well, and religion aside I hope you are in a better place wherever you are.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 6:00:22 AM
I struck a brick wall of denial for a full 5 minutes when I saw this. RIP Britwaller. His health problems were no secret, I just hope he went painlessly. I just hope that he didn't die due to complications because of his parents' religion. His death deserves at least that much respect.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 6:27:20 AM
This is indeed tragic news.

Britt Waller was one of the most prominent members on this site when I first joined and seemed to be a thoroughly decent man - what a terrible shame he died so young.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 6:32:27 AM
At 8/31/2010 6:00:22 AM, Kleptin wrote:
I just hope that he didn't die due to complications because of his parents' religion. His death deserves at least that much respect.

That's what I was thinking :/ I didn't want to sound too negative out of respect, but from our conversations I didn't learn the most positive things about his family (both he and my dad were in comas so we talked about what is and isn't appropriate when that happens) so the fact that they didn't have a funeral where his friends could attend rubbed me the wrong way... but meh, it's not my business. I just feel terribly sad for his friends, family, and anyone else that cared a great deal about him. He'll be missed. I know he was Vi's favorite overall member on the site :/ It sucks.
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 7:01:02 AM
At 8/25/2010 7:37:28 AM, BeautifulDisaster wrote:
Leon Britt Waller was found in his Apt. Aug. 16, 2010 dead. He had several health problems including epilepsy, which is my opinion of what killed him. Britt had just celebrated his 29th birthday.
Being that Britt came from a JW home growing up, then rebeled against them and didn't have a 'religion', his mom had him cremated and did not hold any type of funeral service for him.
I went to High School with Britt and have been friends with him ever since. He was very intelligent and caring. He spent his last several years volunteering with the American Red Cross and helping others.
Good-Bye, My Friend...I will miss you!!!!!!:

Oh sh!t, I knew him! For those who don't know, I used to debate on DDO a long time ago but left because it was too subjective.

Yeah, he was a cool guy for sure. I really liked his methodology, and he seemed to appreciate mine as well.

RIP Britt
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)