Jump to topic:

Who makes the best threads?

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 1:59:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Who here can be nominated to making the best threads through out all of the forum?

Who is informative, knowledgeable, and resourceful?

Who makes the worst threads?

Who is uninformed, dumb, and out there when it comes to starting threads?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 2:02:58 PM
At 8/29/2010 2:02:24 PM, badger wrote:
yours are actually the only threads i don't bother looking at.

besides this one obviously :) but it's not one of your usuals.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 2:04:33 PM
even though i'd say i disagree with nearly everything he says, i think rob1billion is one of the more interesting thread starters.
signature
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 2:06:40 PM
At 8/29/2010 2:04:33 PM, badger wrote:
even though i'd say i disagree with nearly everything he says, i think rob1billion is one of the more interesting thread starters.

I think Volkov would disagree with that. rob definitely has some unusual points to make.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 2:17:43 PM
At 8/29/2010 2:06:40 PM, innomen wrote:

I think Volkov would disagree with that. rob definitely has some unusual points to make.

volkov's getting rattier as the days go by. sure, rob's living in fairy land, but he still generates interesting conversation i think.
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 2:26:49 PM
At 8/29/2010 1:59:56 PM, comoncents wrote:
Who here can be nominated to making the best threads through out all of the forum?

You actually start a lot of good threads, comon.

I'd say belle, Puck, JCMT and TheSkeptic. Obviously there are a lot more intelligent people, but these are the ones who I feel best meet the description you described in terms of consistent contribution and relevant, resourceful knowledge.

PalinFan?

strikeeagle, GodSands (I like him as a person though except for the conversion and condescending bits) ...
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 2:37:18 PM
At 8/29/2010 2:17:43 PM, badger wrote:
At 8/29/2010 2:06:40 PM, innomen wrote:

volkov's getting rattier as the days go by. sure, rob's living in fairy land, but he still generates interesting conversation i think.

That's about right.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 2:39:40 PM
At 8/29/2010 2:26:49 PM, theLwerd wrote:
GodSands (I like him as a person though except for the conversion and condescending bits) ...

when/how did you ever get the chance to get to know him as a person? you mean he has conversations beyond his crazy rantings on the topic of god?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 2:46:10 PM
At 8/29/2010 2:39:40 PM, belle wrote:
GodSands (I like him as a person though except for the conversion and condescending bits) ...

when/how did you ever get the chance to get to know him as a person? you mean he has conversations beyond his crazy rantings on the topic of god?

In other words, I don't think he's intentionally obnoxious; he's well intentioned (and just a little ignorant). A couple of times Vi and I chatted with him on Gmail, I think. Other than that he's nice to me always, even when we're in a heated debate. That's pretty admirable.
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 2:47:18 PM
Yeah, i like your threads a lot. Cerebral is good at threads, and contributes well.

two different things. I think there are a lot of really bright people here, and each have their own strength. Volkov has a surprising amount of knowledge in foreign policy/history everywhere. JKenyon, and JBlake are also really bright. Geo and Zets are very resourceful...but. - then puck and skeptic, and even DAT has a pretty good command at scripture. Belle is really smart, and so is TheL, so, just so many intelligent people, who are not condescending either.

the good teacher

lovelife, godsands,

Honorable mention for rob1billion and Mirza for keeping the place colorful.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 3:37:33 PM

I'd say that you're great at starting them, just not quite that good at continuing beyond generating the initial point of discussion :P
That is, you seem to have a lot of questions and not many answers. To me it seems that most of your posts beyond the OP follow the formula "I don't know...[blah blah blah] ... state's rights... What do you think?". It isn't a bad thing, just what I've noticed.

Just my two cents.

I'd also throw innomen out there.

Puck.. and Volkov. There are more, those are just the two that stand out most to me.

lovelife, Geo and kelly224 when they're in conspiracy mode, GodSands, and Reasoning gets an honourable mention since his posts are usually copied verbatim from Rothbard with absolutely no original thought.

lovelife...
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2010 9:16:20 PM
At 8/29/2010 2:46:10 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 8/29/2010 2:39:40 PM, belle wrote:

In other words, I don't think he's intentionally obnoxious; he's well intentioned (and just a little ignorant). A couple of times Vi and I chatted with him on Gmail, I think. Other than that he's nice to me always, even when we're in a heated debate. That's pretty admirable.

agreed, GodSands is a good dude. i feel bad for seriously jacking up one of his debates a long time ago.