Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

High School

Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 9:48:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Did your high school have a cliques? I hear so much about how so many schools have these cliques and I was wondering were they true. My high school did not have cliques, everyone got along with everybody and everyone knew each other and talked to each other, we didn't have the "Popular" kids or anything like that.

How was your high school experience?

Cliques did exist in my middle school though, we had a sort of hierarchy, looking back it's kind of funny.
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 9:53:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/30/2010 9:48:11 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Did your high school have a cliques? I hear so much about how so many schools have these cliques and I was wondering were they true. My high school did not have cliques, everyone got along with everybody and everyone knew each other and talked to each other, we didn't have the "Popular" kids or anything like that.

How was your high school experience?


Cliques did exist in my middle school though, we had a sort of hierarchy, looking back it's kind of funny.

My High school does.

We pretty much have

Sports
Christians
Nerds
skaters/"druggies"

And a few scattered in between. Pretty much the typical cliques.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 10:01:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/30/2010 9:48:11 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Did your high school have a cliques? I hear so much about how so many schools have these cliques and I was wondering were they true. My high school did not have cliques, everyone got along with everybody and everyone knew each other and talked to each other, we didn't have the "Popular" kids or anything like that.

How was your high school experience?


Cliques did exist in my middle school though, we had a sort of hierarchy, looking back it's kind of funny.

eh we kinda did but by senior year everyone was friendly with pretty much everyone else.

and yeah, middle school cliques were hilarious. i was a nerd and i hung out with all the other nerds (mathelon for the win!).... and got crushes on the popular boys who turned out to be complete aholes. surprise surprise.

the popular guys at my high school were pretty cool though. i was even friends with a football player o.o
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 10:02:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
We had cliques...

I hung with the losers.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 10:03:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/30/2010 9:53:22 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 8/30/2010 9:48:11 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Did your high school have a cliques? I hear so much about how so many schools have these cliques and I was wondering were they true. My high school did not have cliques, everyone got along with everybody and everyone knew each other and talked to each other, we didn't have the "Popular" kids or anything like that.

How was your high school experience?


Cliques did exist in my middle school though, we had a sort of hierarchy, looking back it's kind of funny.

My High school does.

We pretty much have

Sports
Christians
Nerds
skaters/"druggies"

And a few scattered in between. Pretty much the typical cliques.

Thats how my school is too. Although sports are really big so most everybody fit with that except me and my nerdy/druggie friends (I go between cliques often and easily. Skaters and druggies aren't the same at my school in fact the skaters hate the druggies lol, and I did get along with a few skaters too.)

Its not as seperate as what people make it seem, almost everybody can get along with anyone, as long as one of them is not a skater.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2010 10:36:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/30/2010 10:01:09 PM, belle wrote:
At 8/30/2010 9:48:11 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Did your high school have a cliques? I hear so much about how so many schools have these cliques and I was wondering were they true. My high school did not have cliques, everyone got along with everybody and everyone knew each other and talked to each other, we didn't have the "Popular" kids or anything like that.

How was your high school experience?


Cliques did exist in my middle school though, we had a sort of hierarchy, looking back it's kind of funny.

eh we kinda did but by senior year everyone was friendly with pretty much everyone else.

and yeah, middle school cliques were hilarious. i was a nerd and i hung out with all the other nerds (mathelon for the win!).... and got crushes on the popular boys who turned out to be complete aholes. surprise surprise.

the popular guys at my high school were pretty cool though. i was even friends with a football player o.o

LOL SH and SI would seem like a school with cliques.

Middle school was like a zoo, each clique had a habitat
Popular Kids- lower yard
White kids- Bleachers
Average kids- upper yard
Nerds/geeks- main yard
Ghetto Wannabes- everywhere
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 2:12:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/30/2010 10:36:30 PM, Loserboi wrote:



Cliques did exist in my middle school though, we had a sort of hierarchy, looking back it's kind of funny.



the popular guys at my high school were pretty cool though. i was even friends with a football player o.o

LOL SH and SI would seem like a school with cliques.

Middle school was like a zoo, each clique had a habitat
Popular Kids- lower yard
White kids- Bleachers
Ha! Appropriate - where they hung out, or their nickname?
Average kids- upper yard
Nerds/geeks- main yard
Ghetto Wannabes- everywhere

How big was your school?
We had tons of clicks, but it was a pretty big school. The really funny thing is at the reunions they still stay together (or so i hear).
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 7:00:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
My HS had 3 cliques: them, those who wanted to be them, and everybody else. I'd say it was a 25/25/50 split.

"Them" refers to the athletes and their girlfriends (or girls they fvcked). They didn't give two sh!ts about school or anything other than GTL - Gym, Tan, Laundry for those of you unfamiliar with Jersey Shore lingo. My school was chalk full of Jersey Shore-esque people. I have the yearbooks to prove it. Those who wanted to be them tried really hard to befriend them and were SOMETIMES successful. I always viewed their efforts as pretty desperate and pathetic. The other half made fun of them and them wannabes, but were still disinterested in school lol (nobody cared... my school was like Sister Act 2 for rich kids). I was friends with some of them and found them to be a lot more tolerable than them wannabes who I refused to even acknowledge (making them wannabes think I was one of them i.e. desperate to be my friend too). But I wasn't one of them.
President of DDO
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Nerd band people
Popular Band people
"Popular" band people
Smart people
Jocks
Punks
Punks/skater/druggies
nobodies
Popular people
"Popular" people (those that think everybody likes them.. .but really nobody does)
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 8:46:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Nerd band people
Popular Band people
"Popular" band people
Smart people
Jocks
Punks
Punks/skater/druggies
nobodies
Popular people
"Popular" people (those that think everybody likes them.. .but really nobody does)
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people

Which group[s] did you fit in?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 9:00:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 8:46:00 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Nerd band people
Popular Band people
"Popular" band people
Smart people
Jocks
Punks
Punks/skater/druggies (outside of school)
nobodies
Popular people
"Popular" people (those that think everybody likes them.. .but really nobody does)
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people

Which group[s] did you fit in?

mainly rover
i really just don't give a sh!t lol
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 9:36:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
We didn't really have that many cliques because there were so many different races and, within races, there were cliques in a way. But my friends and I coined the terms "The Hollister Crew" or "The Abercrombie Kids" and that referred to the 'popular' white kids who all dated/hooked up within their clique.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 10:20:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 9:00:39 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 8/31/2010 8:46:00 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Nerd band people
Popular Band people
"Popular" band people
Smart people
Jocks
Punks
Punks/skater/druggies (outside of school)
nobodies
Popular people
"Popular" people (those that think everybody likes them.. .but really nobody does)
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people

Which group[s] did you fit in?

mainly rover
i really just don't give a sh!t lol

Awesome lol. The only people I didn't like were the one's that thought they were all tough and badass and could beat me up cause I'm just a small girl and they were 11-12th grade guys that were in wrestling/wight lifting/football/other sport for years.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 10:23:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 10:20:37 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/31/2010 9:00:39 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 8/31/2010 8:46:00 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Nerd band people
Popular Band people
"Popular" band people
Smart people
Jocks
Punks
Punks/skater/druggies (outside of school)
nobodies
Popular people
"Popular" people (those that think everybody likes them.. .but really nobody does)
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people

Which group[s] did you fit in?

mainly rover
i really just don't give a sh!t lol

Awesome lol. The only people I didn't like were the one's that thought they were all tough and badass and could beat me up cause I'm just a small girl and they were 11-12th grade guys that were in wrestling/wight lifting/football/other sport for years.

the "popular" people are the ones that bothered me the most. I can't stand people who are stuck up... especially those who are born into rich families and have a lot just "handed" to them in life.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 10:28:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 10:23:45 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 8/31/2010 10:20:37 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/31/2010 9:00:39 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 8/31/2010 8:46:00 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Nerd band people
Popular Band people
"Popular" band people
Smart people
Jocks
Punks
Punks/skater/druggies (outside of school)
nobodies
Popular people
"Popular" people (those that think everybody likes them.. .but really nobody does)
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people

Which group[s] did you fit in?

mainly rover
i really just don't give a sh!t lol

Awesome lol. The only people I didn't like were the one's that thought they were all tough and badass and could beat me up cause I'm just a small girl and they were 11-12th grade guys that were in wrestling/wight lifting/football/other sport for years.

the "popular" people are the ones that bothered me the most. I can't stand people who are stuck up... especially those who are born into rich families and have a lot just "handed" to them in life.

Yeah they suck. I hate arrogance really.
I had more of that in middle school tho. Lol my cousin was the top dog. Then again everyone there was cousins, so I guess not hard to say that.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 10:46:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Nerd band people
Popular Band people
"Popular" band people
Smart people
Jocks
Punks
Punks/skater/druggies
nobodies
Popular people
"Popular" people (those that think everybody likes them.. .but really nobody does)
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people

Lol, this is so inaccurate it's ridiculous. As is where you perceive yourself.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 10:52:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 10:46:41 AM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Nerd band people
Popular Band people
"Popular" band people
Smart people
Jocks
Punks
Punks/skater/druggies
nobodies
Popular people
"Popular" people (those that think everybody likes them.. .but really nobody does)
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people

Lol, this is so inaccurate it's ridiculous. As is where you perceive yourself.

Really?... how so?
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 11:08:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 10:52:24 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 8/31/2010 10:46:41 AM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Punks/skater/druggies
nobodies
Popular people
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people

Lol, this is so inaccurate it's ridiculous. As is where you perceive yourself.

Really?... how so?

Pretty much all the band people would hang around each other, regardless.
The smart people didn't hang around each other, we were just smart.
The jocks were just a sub-section of the popular people, likewise with the "popular" people.
You were not what you describe as a rover.

I edited it for accuracy.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 11:40:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
We don't have cliques par se, and while there's a bit of a jock\nerd line, but the only real distinction are people who do and don't give a sh!t about school.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 11:45:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 11:40:57 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We don't have cliques par se, and while there's a bit of a jock\nerd line, but the only real distinction are people who do and don't give a sh!t about school.

that's cos we beat the freak outa people for the most part.
signature
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 1:25:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 2:12:32 AM, innomen wrote:
At 8/30/2010 10:36:30 PM, Loserboi wrote:



Cliques did exist in my middle school though, we had a sort of hierarchy, looking back it's kind of funny.



the popular guys at my high school were pretty cool though. i was even friends with a football player o.o

LOL SH and SI would seem like a school with cliques.

Middle school was like a zoo, each clique had a habitat
Popular Kids- lower yard
White kids- Bleachers
Ha! Appropriate - where they hung out, or their nickname?
Average kids- upper yard
Nerds/geeks- main yard
Ghetto Wannabes- everywhere

How big was your school?
We had tons of clicks, but it was a pretty big school. The really funny thing is at the reunions they still stay together (or so i hear).

Uhh... my middle school was pretty big, It was like almost the size of a high school, and no all the white kids just hung out in the bleachers. but all the white people just banned together, because there were not that many of them.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 2:04:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 1:43:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most highschools have cliques. Mine certainly did and I was generally with the nerdish/geeky straight-edge kids.

I thought I was. Then I found all my friends drew their own porn, or else were into sex and drugs. One did all 3
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 2:06:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 2:04:31 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/31/2010 1:43:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most highschools have cliques. Mine certainly did and I was generally with the nerdish/geeky straight-edge kids.

I thought I was. Then I found all my friends drew their own porn, or else were into sex and drugs. One did all 3

As soon as any of the people I hung out with started doing drugs I stopped hanging out with them. That happened with a couple people.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 2:10:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/30/2010 9:48:11 PM, Loserboi wrote:
How was your high school experience?
I was suppose to experience high school?

I just kinda did the work and got out.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 2:16:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 2:06:48 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/31/2010 2:04:31 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/31/2010 1:43:01 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I think most highschools have cliques. Mine certainly did and I was generally with the nerdish/geeky straight-edge kids.

I thought I was. Then I found all my friends drew their own porn, or else were into sex and drugs. One did all 3

As soon as any of the people I hung out with started doing drugs I stopped hanging out with them. That happened with a couple people.

I don't care if they wanna do drugs, smoke, do whatever, as long as they don't have bad character from it. I don't care how straight edge someone is if they are stuck up or rude, I wont like them.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
juvanya
Posts: 613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 2:21:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Yeah, but it was a bit more complex than the usual ones and I actually have hypothesized that there are two classes, each with their own cliques. I never really assimilated with any group, but always floated on the fringes of one and ten another.

At 8/30/2010 10:01:09 PM, belle wrote:

eh we kinda did but by senior year everyone was friendly with pretty much everyone else.
I noticed that as well. I became friendly with a number of people I used to hate and vice versa senior year.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 5:56:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 7:00:10 AM, theLwerd wrote:
My HS had 3 cliques: them, those who wanted to be them, and everybody else. I'd say it was a 25/25/50 split.

"Them" refers to the athletes and their girlfriends (or girls they fvcked). They didn't give two sh!ts about school or anything other than GTL - Gym, Tan, Laundry for those of you unfamiliar with Jersey Shore lingo. My school was chalk full of Jersey Shore-esque people. I have the yearbooks to prove it. Those who wanted to be them tried really hard to befriend them and were SOMETIMES successful. I always viewed their efforts as pretty desperate and pathetic. The other half made fun of them and them wannabes, but were still disinterested in school lol (nobody cared... my school was like Sister Act 2 for rich kids). I was friends with some of them and found them to be a lot more tolerable than them wannabes who I refused to even acknowledge (making them wannabes think I was one of them i.e. desperate to be my friend too). But I wasn't one of them.

This is quite profound. It sounds like the introductory monologue to a teen movie.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
zGodMode
Posts: 825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 6:56:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/31/2010 8:31:00 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
My high school had them... I bit more complicated from my point of view than that has been discussed here.

Basically their was the...

Band people
Nerd band people
Popular Band people
"Popular" band people
Smart people
Jocks
Punks
Punks/skater/druggies
nobodies
Popular people
"Popular" people (those that think everybody likes them.. .but really nobody does)
and the rovers, which pretty much are the people that could care less and are genuinely accepting to most people

Dark was of course in the nobodies clique.

Me, I was a little bit of everything.