TV Mafia 3: RESULTS

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 3:50:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Congratulations, town!

Winners: Alex, Korashk, Lovelife, oceanix, INH, sac8, Nags, mongoose and tvellalott.

Losers: JBlake, koopin, badger, Vi and wjmelements.

== ROLES ==

Nags: You are ENTOURAGE, the Mason Recruiter.
InsertNameHere: You are THE WEST WING, the Governor.
Tvellalott: You are HUMAN TARGET, the Bodyguard (Doctor).
Korashk: You are AMERICA'S MOST WANTED, the Tracker.
Sac8: You are AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL, the Beloved Princess.
Oceanix: You are SIXTEEN AND PREGNANT, the Miller.
Mongoose: You are THE MENTALIST, the Psychic / Cop.
Lovelife: You are MOMENT OF TRUTH, the Lie Detector.
Alex: You are THE UNITED STATES OF TARA, the Jack of All Trades.

Vi: You are BROTHERHOOD, the Politician / Mafia Traitor.
Badger: You are JERSHEY SHORE, the Vanilla Mafia.
JBlake: You are GANGLAND, the Mafia Godfather.
Wjmelements: You are WIFE SWAP (recruited to mafia).
Koopin: You are CATHOUSE, the Mafia Prostitute.

Honorable Mentions --> The "replacements" who actually didn't post anything, Leafrod and Puck, also lost.

== REVIEW ==

The mafia started with all momentum on their side despite them only believing there were 3 of them: Godfather (JBlake), Prostitute (koopin) and Vanilla (badger). The first day phase ended in a No Lynch and they successfully nabbed the Mason Recruiter on night phase 1.

On day phase 2 Puck (Vi) was lynched, which was a surprising decision considering she was nearly confirmed as the politician. Her inactivity (and Puck's failure to comment in the thread before going to bed) is the only reason why people randomly voted to lynch Vi killing the mafia traitor on dp 2 - an unlucky day for the mafia.

On np2 the mafia recruited wjmelements which was favorable and they were now back to 4 living mafioso. This was also beneficial considering wjmelements had turned up innocent to mongoose's investigation after np1. Everything was going in the mafia's favor, and even lynching badger (vanilla) on day phase 3 was helpful in "confirming" the mafia Godfather, JBlake. At this point I didn't pay too much attention to the day phase or mafia conversation, but apparently the mafia [JBlake] screwed up here somewhere... not sure where.

Either way, Alex got lucky and killed WJM with his one-shot vigilante role as the JOAT. This was seemingly a risky move considering wjm had been called innocent by mongoose, but worked out lucky for the town. The mafia killed TV; a good role to get rid of. On day phase 4 JBlake and koopin were the last 2 mafioso. Koopin was lynched on this day; had he been more active and/or the mafia come up with a believable claim for him, maybe this could have been avoided. The mafia would have been in much better shape had this lynch been prevented.

The mafia got extremely lucky with day phase 5 ending in a No Lynch and killing Korashk (who had tracked JBlake) the night before. At this point only mongoose and Alex were left with roles. Killing sac8 allowed JBlake to live another day on day phase 6, but at this point the nail was already in the proverbial coffin. Had he chosen to kill Alex on the last night phase instead of oceanix (a waste imo... he knew Alex was the JOAT and oceanix had no role, and also claimed MILLER of all things) he may have stood a fighting chance. Either way he takes a lot of the blame for the mafia's demise though I honestly don't know why.

Conclusion: I think it was another pretty balanced game...?
President of DDO
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 4:00:58 PM
At 8/31/2010 3:55:40 PM, badger wrote:
the town was ridiculously over powered. terrible modding imo.. mafia never stood a chance.

We didn't even have a doctor besides my 1 shot. But i think this was sarcasm anyways.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 4:01:31 PM
the town was ridiculously over powered. terrible modding imo.. mafia never stood a chance.

There were 5 of you...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 4:01:57 PM
At 8/31/2010 4:00:58 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

We didn't even have a doctor besides my 1 shot. But i think this was sarcasm anyways.

TV was the doctor.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 4:02:37 PM
At 8/31/2010 4:01:57 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 8/31/2010 4:00:58 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

TV was the doctor.

Oh i see, i just looked at bodyguard.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 4:06:55 PM
Yeah Wjm was kind of lucky, but I had a bad gut feeling about him.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 4:07:39 PM
I protected lovelife night one, but she wasn't attacked.
I was roleblocked night two.
I was killed night three.

Sorry town. :(
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 4:11:11 PM
At 8/31/2010 4:07:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I protected lovelife night one, but she wasn't attacked.
I was roleblocked night two.
I was killed night three.

Sorry town. :(

You fail.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 4:40:16 PM
Saying there were 5 mafia is not exactly accurate. For one thing, the mafia didn't know Vi was one of them meaning they had every incentive to get her killed. For another, in order to recruit WJM they had to forfeit a night kill meaning it didn't advance their cause any.

Additionally, there were several powerful townie roles. First, TV was a doctor who could find out the name of a mafioso he saved someone from and pass that to the town, which would have been useful had he lived further toward the end. Second, mongoose was not only a cop but a psychic cop. This means that even if investigating JBlake made him turn up innocent, mongoose could have found out the name of his real show implicating him as mafia. Alex's JOAT role allowed him to become the vigilante, politician, role blocker, tracker, cop and doctor. Korashk's tracking ability was every night. INH could revive a lynched townie with a powerful role. The town also had a mason recruiter and lie detector.

The mafia may have finished with 5 people, but considering the townie roles AND how naturally hard it is for the mafia to win, I thought it was pretty balanced :|
President of DDO
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 5:27:41 PM
At 8/31/2010 4:41:18 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Plus, 2 of the mafioso were koopin and badger: usual early targets.

So for once, badger was maifa. Who is surprised that the mafia lost?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 5:53:32 PM
At 8/31/2010 5:50:11 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I would have won had the mafia not attacked me.

The advantage to your role is that whoever's side you're on has better numbers than average.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 6:48:57 PM
At 8/31/2010 6:42:51 PM, Puck wrote:
Killing a man in his sleep. Shame on you all.

Lying to the town. Shame on you.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 6:55:19 PM
At 8/31/2010 6:48:57 PM, mongoose wrote:

I never posted. :P
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 6:57:46 PM
At 8/31/2010 6:55:19 PM, Puck wrote:
At 8/31/2010 6:48:57 PM, mongoose wrote:

I never posted. :P

Filling in for a liar. Shame on you.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2010 7:06:21 PM
At 8/31/2010 7:02:12 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
My death was pretty ridiculous, me forgetting about the no c/p rule. :s

I can't believe you did that. You could have helped.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave