Jump to topic:

Concerning Fat, I mean Fast, Food.....

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 2:26:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I work at Dairy Queen, and I know how to make literally every single type of ice cream we got, and I have learned skills that I can't forget and that will benefit me in the future. But you know what? I hate it. A lot. Especially when I work until close.

What are some of your opinions on fast food?
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 6:17:41 AM
At 8/19/2015 2:26:31 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I work at Dairy Queen, and I know how to make literally every single type of ice cream we got, and I have learned skills that I can't forget and that will benefit me in the future. But you know what? I hate it. A lot. Especially when I work until close.

As someone who worked at Rotten Ronnies at your age, I think fast food restaurants teaches young adults a few wonderful things.

1. If this is your first job it teaches you to get to work on time, and to have clean clothes.

2. It teaches you interpersonal work skills, how to take and eventually how to give instructions.

3. It teaches responsibility and pride in your work. Make every cone as if you were making it for your mom!

4. It teaches you how to handle money. You worked hard to earn it. Now learn what to do with it. Some gets saved, some you get to spend. And you'll learn how to fill out taxes - even if you don't owe any money.

5. Finally, it improves your grades at school. Because after working there for a month or two you are darned sure you don't want to be doing this for the rest of your life, so you'd better study hard and make something of yourself!
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 12:34:38 PM
At 8/20/2015 6:17:41 AM, Geogeer wrote:

As someone who worked at Rotten Ronnies at your age, I think fast food restaurants teaches young adults a few wonderful things.

1. If this is your first job it teaches you to get to work on time, and to have clean clothes.

2. It teaches you interpersonal work skills, how to take and eventually how to give instructions.

3. It teaches responsibility and pride in your work. Make every cone as if you were making it for your mom!

4. It teaches you how to handle money. You worked hard to earn it. Now learn what to do with it. Some gets saved, some you get to spend. And you'll learn how to fill out taxes - even if you don't owe any money.

5. Finally, it improves your grades at school. Because after working there for a month or two you are darned sure you don't want to be doing this for the rest of your life, so you'd better study hard and make something of yourself!

That is exactly what I mean by things that will benefit me in the future.
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:46:11 PM

I read your profile and wondered what those books are that are collecting dust.
I was also shocked to read you spent your entire day on this site. Im retired and I like the site but too much to do to spend so long on it.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 2:55:33 PM
At 8/20/2015 2:46:11 PM, fromantle wrote:

I read your profile and wondered what those books are that are collecting dust.
Books like "the Rishi," or "Betrayed."

I was also shocked to read you spent your entire day on this site. Im retired and I like the site but too much to do to spend so long on it.

Only my entire school day, and that is after I finish my work.

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 8:09:13 PM

Nutritional speaking most fast food is the Devil. Pure garbage. Poison to the body. only good it does is that it would kepp your from starving to death if its all you had to eat. neither me or my partner or any of our Xfit memebers here eat if very often if at all. I succumb to it maybe once a month or so when I get the crave for a good greasy jalpeno cheeseburger and fried. at least theirs protein in it. but the sodium, fat and preservatives almost are bad enough to outweigh the value of the protein.
and Im not sure if I could name a WORSE food to eat than ice cream. not a speck of nurtition in it. but man thats my weakness and I love it. ever since I stopped drinking alcohol about a year ago I developed a sweet tooth. eat a bowl of ice cream almost every night. or a couple klondike bars. one or two candy bars for energy here at work when I work out. I try to say I burn off all that sugar here at the Box, and I think I do. Im nowhere near overweight. last time we did bodyfat measures with the calipers mine was about 14%.
but your young! you can eat all that stuff you want, well within reason, as long as you get your exercise. but when you get older like me you'll see your body revolts more against that crap fastfood.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 8:58:01 PM

On working at a fast food place or just about the fast-food?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 9:13:13 PM

It's terrible. Eating fast food makes men lazy, then they go home and beat their wives. That's the problem with this country and if it wasn't for this crisis we wouldn't have had the collapse of the family that we've seen. It makes people fat and fat people poop more releasing more methane which depletes the ozone killing us all with deadly UV rays. Just pray we don't get hit by a gama ray burst.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2015 11:10:01 PM

It's fast and it's food. Better food than 80% of the worlds population eats everyday.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Sarra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:07:40 AM
At 8/20/2015 9:13:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
That's the problem with this country and if it wasn't for this crisis we wouldn't have had the collapse of the family that we've seen. It makes people fat and fat people poop more releasing more methane which depletes the ozone killing us all with deadly UV rays. Just pray we don't get hit by a gama ray burst.

lol!

@sadolite It is fast. As to whether it is food, now that is up for debate.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 2:11:17 AM
At 8/21/2015 2:07:40 AM, Sarra wrote:
At 8/20/2015 9:13:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
That's the problem with this country and if it wasn't for this crisis we wouldn't have had the collapse of the family that we've seen. It makes people fat and fat people poop more releasing more methane which depletes the ozone killing us all with deadly UV rays. Just pray we don't get hit by a gama ray burst.

lol!

I'm glad I could humor you. ;)

@sadolite It is fast. As to whether it is food, now that is up for debate.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 12:14:40 PM
At 8/20/2015 8:58:01 PM, Kozu wrote:

On working at a fast food place or just about the fast-food?

Anything at all concerning the OP.