Jump to topic:

Can you name every U.S. State Capital

really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 3:31:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is rather a fatuous question but I don't have a lot to do right and I'm just curious.

I did an online quiz of identifying every U.S. State Capital and received 100% and I'm not even American. I'll post the link if anyone is wishing and/or willing to do the quiz.
Providing people with infinite wisdom since 4 months ago.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 3:33:33 AM
At 8/25/2015 3:31:45 AM, really12 wrote:
This is rather a fatuous question but I don't have a lot to do right and I'm just curious.

I did an online quiz of identifying every U.S. State Capital and received 100% and I'm not even American. I'll post the link if anyone is wishing and/or willing to do the quiz.

I'll try it.
I don't think I could do it, to be honest. Hell, I am not even sure I can name all 50 states.
My work here is, finally, done.
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 3:40:13 AM
http://m.sporcle.com...

The parameters of the quiz are that if you enter the right answer, it will automatically submit, it is not a multiple choice but instead requires a typed answer and there is a time estimate of 10 minutes to complete the quiz. All answers will be disclosed at the end.

If this is a little bit too hectic then I have also provided an easy quiz with multiple choice and no deadline for completion.

http://www.50states.com...

The page will have a synoptical paragraph and a drop box with the options of "states" and "capitals", obviously choose capitals.

Good luck.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 3:48:35 AM
If it's multiple choice I perhaps could score a 100%, but if I have to name the capitals off the top of my head I don't think that I could do it.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 3:56:41 AM
Unfortunately, the multiple choice one only has 15 questions and its the only multiple choice I can find.

The reason why I know them is because I was really bored one time and decided to Google and ascertain every US State Capital.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 11:28:02 AM
Memorization of trivial facts is stupid in today's day and age, I constantly have my phone with me and can google it
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 12:07:21 PM

Yup. And all 50 states.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 12:08:46 PM
Nice. Did you take the quiz I cited?
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 12:10:26 PM
Yes, but retaining the information is the hard part, even with access to infinite information.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 12:10:56 PM
At 8/25/2015 12:08:46 PM, really12 wrote:
Nice. Did you take the quiz I cited?

No need to; I learned them all in 2nd Grade.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
really12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 12:13:12 PM
And you remembered every single one? That's impressive.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:15:58 AM
I learned them all in 5th grade. I remembered 18.

The only one that's actually useful to know is your own state's, and I quickly forget things if they have no relevance to me. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. After all, the great American saying is, "If you can't do it, blame someone or something else".
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Huntress
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 11:56:47 AM
I learned them in school, along with the capitals of every European country and the county seats of my state. I did ace the quiz posted, but honestly if I had to name them all from the top of my head I'd miss a few.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 9:36:24 PM
I could at one time. It was a requirement to move on to high school. I am sure I could name most of them, but miss a few. I think Ii took me 3 tries to pass. They either put the state or the city you had to fill in the blank.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 9:37:22 PM
At 8/29/2015 9:36:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
I could at one time. It was a requirement to move on to high school. I am sure I could name most of them, but miss a few. I think Ii took me 3 tries to pass. They either put the state or the city you had to fill in the blank.

Oh ya spelling counted too
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 9:39:03 PM
At 8/29/2015 9:37:22 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 8/29/2015 9:36:24 PM, sadolite wrote:

Oh ya spelling counted too

So even if you got it right but spelled it wrong you still missed.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:34:54 AM
At 8/25/2015 3:40:13 AM, really12 wrote:
http://m.sporcle.com...

The parameters of the quiz are that if you enter the right answer, it will automatically submit, it is not a multiple choice but instead requires a typed answer and there is a time estimate of 10 minutes to complete the quiz. All answers will be disclosed at the end.

29/50, although I knew two others, but I didn't know how to spell them correctly.
Still, pretty bad.
My work here is, finally, done.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:47:21 AM

I remember having to memorize them in elementary school. 41/50.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 1:35:12 PM
I was that nerdy kid so yes, I can name every state capital with ease. I can also name several other countries' capitals such as Equatorial Guinea, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Croatia, Bosnia, and many others...

Yeah, judge me.
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 1:36:13 PM
At 8/30/2015 5:03:41 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
m8 I can't even pinpoint where half the states are. This is kinda what they look to me: http://www.barnorama.com...

I'm pretty sure that's how a lot of people in the US see the US...
Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 5:35:49 PM
At 8/30/2015 5:03:41 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
m8 I can't even pinpoint where half the states are. This is kinda what they look to me: http://www.barnorama.com...

Lmao you and me both then