Jump to topic:

Freedo.

Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 11:51:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Is it me, or has his ban gone on long after the date he was supposed to come back?
I don't know, maybe I just miss the things he stirs up.
I miss the old members.
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2010 11:58:42 PM
He really should be returning right about now. It definitely seems to be dragging on a bit too long though.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 12:19:45 AM
At 9/6/2010 11:51:02 PM, Atheism wrote:
Is it me, or has his ban gone on long after the date he was supposed to come back?

Seconded.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 3:05:23 PM
At 9/6/2010 11:51:02 PM, Atheism wrote:

This.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:25:05 PM
At 9/8/2010 1:24:00 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Needs to stop reviving sh*tty threads.
They keep the forums active, and they let you know more about the people on this site.
I miss the old members.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:30:07 PM
At 9/8/2010 1:25:05 PM, Atheism wrote:
They keep the forums active, and they let you know more about the people on this site.

1) There's activity and then there's retards bashing keyboards. We should let spammers in to get maximum activity then!

2) Learn more about users? Go to a PM for that, not some forums games. They have have their novelty but not en masse.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:31:31 PM
At 9/8/2010 1:30:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

1) There's activity and then there's retards bashing keyboards. We should let spammers in to get maximum activity then!

2) Learn more about users? Go to a PM for that, not some forums games. They have have their novelty but not en masse.

1)Freedo's threads are coherent and are actually kinda fun.
2)That may be taken wrong, and it's more fun to not know what kind've thing they'll post.
I miss the old members.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:33:32 PM
At 9/8/2010 12:56:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Yeah, seriously. I'm getting tired of waiting.

Nah, I hope that pr*ck never comes back.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:34:04 PM
At 9/8/2010 1:31:31 PM, Atheism wrote:

They're threads where you type one word and feel uber. Seriously, there's a limit to how much you can compliment someone.

2)That may be taken wrong, and it's more fun to not know what kind've thing they'll post.

And generally that is better seen in real discussant, not

"You're funny."

"You're nice"

"HURR BERP A DERP FORRRUUMMM GAAAAMMMMEE!!!!"
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:36:59 PM
As long as he keeps his threads out of the other threads, what is the harm? Really? Its not like he's making 20+ debates calling people lamers and accusing everyone of trolling him.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:37:23 PM
At 9/8/2010 1:34:04 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

1)They're threads where you type one word and feel uber. 1B)Seriously, there's a limit to how much you can compliment someone.

"You're funny."

"You're nice"

1)With the amount responses/feedback gotten from them, it's safe to say they are nice to participate in.
1B)Not to some.
2)Again, I don't think people will appreciate an unwarranted questionnaire about their life. Random facts people give about themselves is better.
I miss the old members.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:42:23 PM
At 9/8/2010 1:36:59 PM, lovelife wrote:
As long as he keeps his threads out of the other threads, what is the harm? Really? Its not like he's making 20+ debates calling people lamers and accusing everyone of trolling him.

Sigh... I really miss that 9bnx guy
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 3:47:11 PM
I honestly don't see a problem with forum games and other off-topic threads. They help keep pointless spam out of other threads, which panda seems to hate so much. If you don't want spam in serious threads then let us have game threads. Quit being a DDO Nazi.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:23:06 PM
At 9/8/2010 1:37:23 PM, Atheism wrote:

1)They're threads where you type one word and feel uber. 1B)Seriously, there's a limit to how much you can compliment someone.

"You're funny."

"You're nice"

1)With the amount responses/feedback gotten from them, it's safe to say they are nice to participate in.
1B)Not to some.
2)Again, I don't think people will appreciate an unwarranted questionnaire about their life. Random facts people give about themselves is better.

This. If the game threads are not affecting your threads, why hate them?
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:26:52 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:23:06 PM, lovelife wrote:

"You're funny."

"You're nice"

1B)Not to some.

I don't think it's about "affecting other threads" but more about the actual threads themselves. Some people are here for the "serious" threads and can be annoyed by the ones considered "fun" or "spam", which is their opinion. Personally, I find some to be fun but others to be annoying... That means I won't participate in them obviously, but also if I see a thread about them, I would share my opinion. That is what you do on a debate site... Now, I wouldn't automatically hate the user who creates them but if it gets to the point where the Miscellaneous thread is the most active and is just filled with random games and spam.... Yeah, I'd be pissed off.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:28:53 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:27:32 PM, juvanya wrote:
Off topic threads are a key part of every forum in existence.

Does that make it okay? Corruption is part of every government around today, but I still hate it...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:39:41 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:26:52 PM, annhasle wrote:

"You're funny."

"You're nice"

1B)Not to some.

I don't think it's about "affecting other threads" but more about the actual threads themselves. Some people are here for the "serious" threads and can be annoyed by the ones considered "fun" or "spam", which is their opinion. Personally, I find some to be fun but others to be annoying... That means I won't participate in them obviously, but also if I see a thread about them, I would share my opinion. That is what you do on a debate site... Now, I wouldn't automatically hate the user who creates them but if it gets to the point where the Miscellaneous thread is the most active and is just filled with random games and spam.... Yeah, I'd be pissed off.

Well there is no reason that a fun forum couldn't become debatable. Example:
Compliments (hypothetical)
Person A: "Person X is funny"
Person B: "No they are not -list of reasons, Y is a better quality of person X"
Person A: either defends statement or agrees

Its just a different form of discussion that has possibilites for debate, and they are good to relieve tension. I however agree that the serious topics should be more dominant but there is no reason both can't exist. I don't see any problem in FREEDO renewing the games, because there has been way too much tension and hate on this site.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:40:54 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:28:53 PM, annhasle wrote:

Does that make it okay? Corruption is part of every government around today, but I still hate it...

More like everyone under a government has different opinions, why outlaw a certain opinion?
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:46:44 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:39:41 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/8/2010 4:26:52 PM, annhasle wrote:

"You're funny."

"You're nice"

1B)Not to some.

Well there is no reason that a fun forum couldn't become debatable. Example:
Compliments (hypothetical)
Person A: "Person X is funny"
Person B: "No they are not -list of reasons, Y is a better quality of person X"
Person A: either defends statement or agrees

Its just a different form of discussion that has possibilites for debate, and they are good to relieve tension. I however agree that the serious topics should be more dominant but there is no reason both can't exist. I don't see any problem in FREEDO renewing the games, because there has been way too much tension and hate on this site.

Yes, they can also be debatable but is that their real purpose? Isn't it just meant to be for fun and games?

And yes, they could relieve tension in some people but in others, like myself, they seem more like distractions. I know that they can also be good since it might keep fights from happening and reduce some tension... but I wish that could happen in serious threads as well. FREEDO is of course allowed to renew the old game threads, and I obviously cannot stop him, but I will share my distaste for some of them.

I guess it gets kind of aggravating for me since I hoped to debate philosophy, religion or politics a lot but it's come down to spam threads, Mafia games, personal insults and the occasional serious thread... And the serious thread is usually just a repeat of something discussed a month ago. And that ends in a fight as well... It's probably just me feeling like this, but it's annoyed me enough that I felt I should share my opinion and see how others feel as well.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:48:42 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:40:54 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/8/2010 4:28:53 PM, annhasle wrote:

More like everyone under a government has different opinions, why outlaw a certain opinion?

I haven't outlawed any opinions... I'm explaining mine and discussing yours as well. Have I said, "Don't post your opinion! It's stupid!!" Of course not. That's not how I work.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:57:59 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:52:51 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/8/2010 4:51:31 PM, tvellalott wrote:
a

?

It comes before b. :)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:00:30 PM
At 9/8/2010 4:57:59 PM, tvellalott wrote:
a

?

I was trying to say... Why would you post "a"?? Smart@ss.... Lol :P
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:00:51 PM
a

?

Really? I hadn't noticed.
I miss the old members.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:02:05 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:00:30 PM, annhasle wrote:
a

?

You were getting all serious. It's called misdirection!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 5:11:31 PM
At 9/8/2010 5:02:05 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/8/2010 5:00:30 PM, annhasle wrote:
a

?

You were getting all serious. It's called misdirection!

Blah, fine. >.>