this site needs more people

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 1:01:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 12:56:57 AM, Loserboi wrote:
I hate how new people leave so quickly...

They get scared off by the rude members and the heirachy. Get them to stop and I can guarentee at least 5 new active members.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 1:23:06 AM
I know i said i was going to be a forum poster from now on... but jeezus how do you guys get to 1000 posts so fast... ridiculous
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 1:25:01 AM
At 9/7/2010 1:23:06 AM, Loserboi wrote:
I know i said i was going to be a forum poster from now on... but jeezus how do you guys get to 1000 posts so fast... ridiculous

Lol heated arguments+no life.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 1:25:11 AM
At 9/7/2010 1:23:06 AM, Loserboi wrote:

I just got to 10,000 posts today. :P It's easy to get your post count up. Just post in the forums alot, lol.
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 4:39:22 AM
aha its got plenty of people. when you compare it to other sites, more people sign up for DDO in a month than YY has active members
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 6:37:13 AM
The problem is people take other peoples opinions to heart. The first time I posted something in Religion and pooka or Geo made me feel like a complete fool for not being able to substantiate my opinions I admit, I took it to heart. Now pooka is one of my favourite posters. I look forward to seeing his different view on things.

DON'T TAKE IT TO HEART, IT'S THE FVCKING INTERWEBZ!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:43:13 AM
We have had a few good new members, recently.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:54:14 AM
At 9/7/2010 7:43:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

There is a tendency to show absolutely no patience with new people by some who should know better. It can be a little intimidating, and if your English is bad, or your logic is flawed, you'll be chewed up and spat out.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:55:03 AM
At 9/7/2010 7:43:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Sieben is one.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:55:19 AM
At 9/7/2010 7:54:14 AM, innomen wrote:
It can be a little intimidating, and if your English is bad, or your logic is flawed, you'll be chewed up and spat out.

Yeah, with good reason :P
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 8:24:17 AM
We really need a broader diversity of members.

At the moment, the demographics of the site are dominated by young Americans – who are cool and all that – but how about some more international members and maybe some slightly older people too?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 8:29:24 AM
At 9/7/2010 8:24:17 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

At the moment, the demographics of the site are dominated by young Americans – who are cool and all that – but how about some more international members

International members don't tend to stay due to voting restrictions.

and maybe some slightly older people too?

Lol.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 8:30:16 AM
At 9/7/2010 7:55:19 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/7/2010 7:54:14 AM, innomen wrote:
It can be a little intimidating, and if your English is bad, or your logic is flawed, you'll be chewed up and spat out.

Yeah, with good reason :P

Need to give them a small period of lenience IMHO.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 8:39:23 AM

At the moment, the demographics of the site are dominated by young Americans – who are cool and all that – but how about some more international members and maybe some slightly older people too?

Yea, we do need more old farts.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:00:44 AM
At 9/7/2010 8:39:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Yes, we do.

Some new old members who say things like "when I was a lad, there was no Internet, if I wanted to find something out I had to take the trolleybus down to the municipal library" and "in my day, this sort of thing would never have happened" and "the young people of today have no idea what hard work is."
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:05:57 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:00:44 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Yes, we do.

Some new old members who say things like "when I was a lad, there was no Internet, if I wanted to find something out I had to take the trolleybus down to the municipal library" and "in my day, this sort of thing would never have happened" and "the young people of today have no idea what hard work is."

And thats a good thing?
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:06:07 AM

Yes, we do.

And: "In my day we had to walk FIFTEEN MILES to school, in the snow, uphill, BOTH WAYS!"
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:15:13 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:06:07 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

Yes, we do.

And: "In my day we had to walk FIFTEEN MILES to school, in the snow, uphill, BOTH WAYS!"

you forgot the barefooted part.
signature
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:19:33 AM
That's true, we had to walk fifteen miles to school, barefoot in the snow, uphill – both ways, and that was after doing a night shift in the pit digging for coal using our fingernails – but if you tell that to young people today they won't believe you.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:22:19 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:19:33 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
That's true, we had to walk fifteen miles to school, barefoot in the snow, uphill – both ways, and that was after doing a night shift in the pit digging for coal using our fingernails – but if you tell that to young people today they won't believe you.

you can't walk uphill both ways, brian :) but i'd believe the stories my old fella and his old fella tell me... it's just that they're a pair of slave-driving bastards anyway, so i really can't see how they had it any harder than i did.
signature
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:25:00 AM
At 9/7/2010 1:01:15 AM, lovelife wrote:

They get scared off by the rude members and the heirachy. Get them to stop and I can guarentee at least 5 new active members.

Yes because CJL was of extreme benefit to this site, while Askbob wasn't.

No double standards pl0x.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:36:23 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:25:00 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Askbob seems like he was rude, hateful, vindictive, well I just imagine you under a different name, so I guess no further explanation needed. So yes CJL was better IMO.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:38:14 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:22:19 AM, badger wrote:
At 9/7/2010 9:19:33 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

you can't walk uphill both ways, brian :) but i'd believe the stories my old fella and his old fella tell me... it's just that they're a pair of slave-driving bastards anyway, so i really can't see how they had it any harder than i did.

Its possible. Its not uphill the whole time, thats the key.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:40:54 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:06:07 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

Yes, we do.

Whilst dodging Nazi bombs and gypsey footpads!

You young'uns don't know you're born!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:43:34 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:25:00 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Of pretty much equal value, though askbob trolled with far greater intelligence and style.