Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mythical Creatures Mafia DP 3

Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:50:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Deceased Players:

xxDarkxx: You are a Gargoyle, the Watcher. You are able to sit still as stone from high areas, thought to be a statue. You may use this to watch one player per night and be told who visits them. You win with the Town.

AlexRae: You are a Dryad, a Flavored Doctor. Known for healing and defending the woods and the creatures within it, you are able to protect one person per night from death. You win with the Town.

Puck:

1. Leafrod
2. Wjmelements
3. SportsGuru
4. mongoose
5. lovelife
6. JBlake
7. tvellalott
8. oceanix
9. Korashk
10. Zetsubou
11.kahvan

6 votes needed to lynch.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:28:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Lynch oceanix

He was on my list, and claimed doctor. AlexRae was the doctor and it is unlikely that there would be two straight-up doctors in any game, let alone a small one.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:58:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 10:28:25 PM, Korashk wrote:
Lynch oceanix

He was on my list, and claimed doctor. AlexRae was the doctor and it is unlikely that there would be two straight-up doctors in any game, let alone a small one.

VTL Oceanix
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 11:02:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 10:28:25 PM, Korashk wrote:
Lynch oceanix

He was on my list, and claimed doctor. AlexRae was the doctor and it is unlikely that there would be two straight-up doctors in any game, let alone a small one.

You're forgetting that Puck, lovelife and AlexRae visited me N1 and I was roleblocked. Now AlexRae was lynched and xxdarkxx (Who reported this) is confirmed watcher. That leaves me suspecting lovelife.
There is however the 'Flavoured' part of her role. Is it possible that she Roleblocked me as well as protected me?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 11:03:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 11:02:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/7/2010 10:28:25 PM, Korashk wrote:
Lynch oceanix

He was on my list, and claimed doctor. AlexRae was the doctor and it is unlikely that there would be two straight-up doctors in any game, let alone a small one.

You're forgetting that Puck, lovelife and AlexRae visited me N1 and I was roleblocked. Now AlexRae was lynched and xxdarkxx (Who reported this) is confirmed watcher. That leaves me suspecting lovelife.
There is however the 'Flavoured' part of her role. Is it possible that she Roleblocked me as well as protected me?

That doesn't explain how I was roleblocked again last night either.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 11:12:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 11:02:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
There is however the 'Flavoured' part of her role. Is it possible that she Roleblocked me as well as protected me?

Possibly. On the DDO wiki there was a role called Jailkeeper that protected a player and kept them from using their role.

At 9/7/2010 11:03:13 PM, tvellalott wrote:
That doesn't explain how I was roleblocked again last night either.

Probably the real role-blocker, but that is another thing that suggests oceanix's guilt:
Why would the mafia keep a claimed doctor alive without blocking and killing them?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 11:13:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 11:03:13 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/7/2010 11:02:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/7/2010 10:28:25 PM, Korashk wrote:
Lynch oceanix

He was on my list, and claimed doctor. AlexRae was the doctor and it is unlikely that there would be two straight-up doctors in any game, let alone a small one.

You're forgetting that Puck, lovelife and AlexRae visited me N1 and I was roleblocked. Now AlexRae was lynched and xxdarkxx (Who reported this) is confirmed watcher. That leaves me suspecting lovelife.
There is however the 'Flavoured' part of her role. Is it possible that she Roleblocked me as well as protected me?

That doesn't explain how I was roleblocked again last night either.

Well if her role makes it so she can block and protect you then maybe she did. I don't see why you would be accusing me, or even why I would visit the same person twice even if I was a roleblocker.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 11:51:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 11:13:10 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/7/2010 11:03:13 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/7/2010 11:02:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/7/2010 10:28:25 PM, Korashk wrote:
Lynch oceanix

He was on my list, and claimed doctor. AlexRae was the doctor and it is unlikely that there would be two straight-up doctors in any game, let alone a small one.

You're forgetting that Puck, lovelife and AlexRae visited me N1 and I was roleblocked. Now AlexRae was lynched and xxdarkxx (Who reported this) is confirmed watcher. That leaves me suspecting lovelife.
There is however the 'Flavoured' part of her role. Is it possible that she Roleblocked me as well as protected me?

That doesn't explain how I was roleblocked again last night either.

Well if her role makes it so she can block and protect you then maybe she did. I don't see why you would be accusing me, or even why I would visit the same person twice even if I was a roleblocker.

My suspicions are on you because I was roleblocked both nights and you're the only person has been alive both nights. Either the mafia didn't role block me night one and AlexRae's flavoured doctor did and they really did Roleblock me night two or YOU'RE THE ROLEBLOCKER.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 12:00:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/7/2010 11:51:50 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/7/2010 11:13:10 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/7/2010 11:03:13 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/7/2010 11:02:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/7/2010 10:28:25 PM, Korashk wrote:
Lynch oceanix

He was on my list, and claimed doctor. AlexRae was the doctor and it is unlikely that there would be two straight-up doctors in any game, let alone a small one.

You're forgetting that Puck, lovelife and AlexRae visited me N1 and I was roleblocked. Now AlexRae was lynched and xxdarkxx (Who reported this) is confirmed watcher. That leaves me suspecting lovelife.
There is however the 'Flavoured' part of her role. Is it possible that she Roleblocked me as well as protected me?

That doesn't explain how I was roleblocked again last night either.

Well if her role makes it so she can block and protect you then maybe she did. I don't see why you would be accusing me, or even why I would visit the same person twice even if I was a roleblocker.

My suspicions are on you because I was roleblocked both nights and you're the only person has been alive both nights. Either the mafia didn't role block me night one and AlexRae's flavoured doctor did and they really did Roleblock me night two or YOU'RE THE ROLEBLOCKER.

I find option one way more believable. I could have a bias tho. Why would you even think I visited you last night? I already know you aren't the vampire so I wouldn't waste my time with you again. Even if I was a roleblocker I think I would go after the doctor rather than you.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 12:23:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm just trying to make sense of it all lovelife.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 12:27:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/8/2010 12:23:40 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm just trying to make sense of it all lovelife.

Okay. It is quite confusing, and I don't understand whats going on either.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:28:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
LYNCH JBlake

I strongly believe oceanix is innocent. And I don't think lovelife is lying, because her role sounds legitimate and that would be a wild claim to fabricate.

Also seems pretty clear to me that Puck was simply killed by the mafia on NP1 for the being the best player out there, which is a strategy that JBlake would probably follow.
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:29:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/8/2010 7:28:56 AM, LeafRod wrote:

Also seems pretty clear to me that Puck was simply killed by the mafia on NP1 for the being the best player out there, which is a strategy that JBlake would probably follow.

Uh, assuming that the mafia had no info to go on (a safe assumption for night phase 1) I believe that most players, including myself, would default to killing the biggest threats as far as player skill. To pick one specific person because of that really does not make sense
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 10:27:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well, it's a good thing that wasn't even close to my only bit of evidence. Thank you for that absolute waste of time, though. By making some jumbled point in which you half agreed with me with the weakest part of my evidence you managed to spectacularly accomplish... absolutely nothing. Fantastic job. I hope you can contribute this much incredible ability next time, too.
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 3:23:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/8/2010 10:27:14 AM, LeafRod wrote:
Well, it's a good thing that wasn't even close to my only bit of evidence. Thank you for that absolute waste of time, though. By making some jumbled point in which you half agreed with me with the weakest part of my evidence you managed to spectacularly accomplish... absolutely nothing. Fantastic job. I hope you can contribute this much incredible ability next time, too.

Thanks for the sarcasm, I could always use a little more.

If you notice, you had 4 significant things in your post

1. A vote to lynch Jblake
2. A statement that you believe oceanix to be innocent
3. A statement that you believe lovelife to be innocent
4. Your justification for voting JBlake

I believe lovelife to be innocent and am not quite sure of my opinion of oceanix at the moment, so I had no reason to take issue to either of those, though those had nothing to do with the innocence or guilt of JBlake. Thus, I took issue with the one reason you gave for your vote.

I just love how you not only did not respond to my issue, but also stated that you had more evidence without actually giving any. That's some great mafia play right there. I'm sorry that I prefer votes to not only be based on logic, but logic that is shown to the town so it can be evaluated to see if it follows.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 3:35:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
VTL Oceanix

for being on the list and claiming doc.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 4:11:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I believe oceanix is innocent as well. He claimed 'FLAVOURED' doc. If he was mafia, how the hell would he have known that AlexRae was flavoured. I'm pretty sure she didn't mention it, otherwise I wouldn't have lynched her.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:24:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Stop lynching oceanix. His claim makes absolute sense. He claimed a flavor doctor, and we've already seen a flavor doctor. They didn't claim at the same time.

Korashk gave a list of three people, one of whom is mafia. I doubt oceanix is that mafia because he had a legitimate claim and has not acted like mafia. I doubt lovelife is mafia because I just don't see mafia being able to fabricate such a role as hers, and it fits in with her having visited TV and nothing happening. All JBlake said last DP was "well I know I'm not mafia, so it must be oceanix or lovelife, vote oceanix" and no one questioned that at all. If he's mafia chances are he was laughing at us completely in the mafia thread.
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:25:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
SportsGuru, I'm guessing you didn't remember the list that Korashk provided. That's why innocence of oceanix and lovelife —> guiltiness of JBlake. And yeah, my post was over the top, but I had fun making it.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:30:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I like oceanix to confirm that he was on me last night. That would explain why I was role blocked again.

At this point, Leafrods logic is sound.

VOTE JBlake
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 6:31:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If both Flavoured Doctors were also Roleblockers, I would imagine that Mafia probably don't also have a Roleblocker of their own.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
oceanix
Posts: 747
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:04:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Seriously, are you all dumb? There is such a small chance I'm not town at this point in time. A) Unicorn is a MAIN mythical creature and fits the role of doctor well, B) I claimed a FLAVORED DOCTOR, and there's no way I would have known that there were flavored doctors unless I was one, and C) The mod's inclusion of flavored doctor in the dryad pm suggest that there are MULTIPLE DOCTORS.

VTL Lovelife.

She's the roleblocker. The mod gave the list of three names and she's the last on the list; I know I'm town. She visited TV the night TV was roleblocked.
oceanix
Posts: 747
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:09:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/8/2010 6:30:40 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I like oceanix to confirm that he was on me last night. That would explain why I was role blocked again.

At this point, Leafrods logic is sound.

VOTE JBlake

You were roleblocked again? Yes. I went on you last night. I figured nothing bad happened when I protected Night 1, so I protected you last night. UNVOTE VOTE JBLAKE. FURTHERMORE I was on JBlake night 1, and he still produced his "list".
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:16:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/8/2010 8:09:47 PM, oceanix wrote:
At 9/8/2010 6:30:40 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I like oceanix to confirm that he was on me last night. That would explain why I was role blocked again.

At this point, Leafrods logic is sound.

VOTE JBlake

You were roleblocked again? Yes. I went on you last night. I figured nothing bad happened when I protected Night 1, so I protected you last night. UNVOTE VOTE JBLAKE. FURTHERMORE I was on JBlake night 1, and he still produced his "list".

It was Korashk list.
This is all very confusing.
At this point I'm happy with a JBlake lynch.
Oceanix is clear FMPOV.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:19:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Unvote
Lynch JBlake


Upon further review the evidence in favor of oceanix's innocence is fairly strong, and JBlake is the next list candidate.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown