Nazi music Vs. Communist music

annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:16:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/8/2010 8:08:02 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Putting ideology aside, which is better? Sorry, I was bored. :P I choose Nazi music btw.

Nazi.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:23:53 PM
Well in this case I would go with Nazi but they are so different (Paul Robeson's is a little better for this). The Internationale would definitely win though. :P
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:26:40 PM
There's no comparison. The Nazi music sounds like some crap played for the riders of a rickety Ferris wheel. Long as you don't understand the lyrics the Soviet anthem is great.

As Rand wrote about a different bit of Communist music:

"For the first time in Petrograd, Kira heard the "Internationale." She tried not to listen to its words. The words spoke of the damned, the hungry, the slaves, of those who had been nothing and shall be all; in the magnificent goblet of the music, the words were not intoxicating as wine; they were not terrifying as blood; they were gray as dish water.

But the music was like the marching of thousands of feet, measured and steady, like drums beaten by unvarying, unhurried hands. The music was like the feet of soldiers marching into the dawn that is to see their battle and their victory; as if the song rose from under the soldiers' feet, with the dust of the road, as if the soldiers' feet played it upon the earth.

The tune sang a promise, calmly, with the calm of an immeasurable strength, and then, tense with a restrained, but uncontrollable ecstasy, the notes rose, trembling, repeating themselves, too rapt to be held still, like arms raised and waving in the sweep of banners.

It was a hymn with the force of a march, a march with the majesty of a hymn. It was the song of soldiers bearing sacred banners and of priests carrying swords. It was an anthem to the sanctity of strength.

Everyone had to rise when the "Internationale" was played. Kira stood smiling at the music. "This is the first beautiful thing I've noticed about the revolution," she said to her neighbor.

"Be careful," the freckled girl whispered, glancing around nervously, "someone will hear you."

"When all this is over," said Kira, "when the traces of their republic are disinfected from history—what a glorious funeral march this will make!"
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:30:52 PM
At 9/8/2010 8:23:53 PM, Anarcho wrote:
Well in this case I would go with Nazi but they are so different (Paul Robeson's is a little better for this). The Internationale would definitely win though. :P

Well you know, other people can provide samples too. I was just posting two of the more well-known ones.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:35:39 PM
At 9/8/2010 8:26:40 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

"For the first time in Petrograd, Kira heard the "Internationale." She tried not to listen to its words. The words spoke of the damned, the hungry, the slaves, of those who had been nothing and shall be all; in the magnificent goblet of the music, the words were not intoxicating as wine; they were not terrifying as blood; they were gray as dish water.
Yes a song with meaning ad not written by an intellectual, god forbid. Why would you even WANT to listen to music written for intellectuals? That would be horrible.

Everyone had to rise when the "Internationale" was played. Kira stood smiling at the music. "This is the first beautiful thing I've noticed about the revolution," she said to her neighbor.

"Be careful," the freckled girl whispered, glancing around nervously, "someone will hear you."

"When all this is over," said Kira, "when the traces of their republic are disinfected from history—what a glorious funeral march this will make!"

Who the hell even is Kira?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 8:37:41 PM
At 9/8/2010 8:35:39 PM, Anarcho wrote:
At 9/8/2010 8:26:40 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Yes a song with meaning ad not written by an intellectual, god forbid. Why would you even WANT to listen to music written for intellectuals? That would be horrible.
???? I didn't say anything about intellectuals, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Protagonist of We the Living
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 9:05:19 PM
At 9/8/2010 8:37:41 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
???? I didn't say anything about intellectuals, I have no idea what you're talking about.
That extremely sounds like that is some intellectual rant about poor people complaining. Maybe I just remember things Cody_Franklin said too much, stuff like "they want you to feel bad for them being poor".

Yeah I looked her up. She probably would be upset that her inheritance is gone.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 9:28:04 PM
At 9/8/2010 9:05:19 PM, Anarcho wrote:
At 9/8/2010 8:37:41 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
That extremely sounds like that is some intellectual rant about poor people complaining.
As opposed to an anti-intellectual rant about intellectuals ranting?

Yeah I looked her up. She probably would be upset that her inheritance is gone.
?
henryajevans
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2013 4:47:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Most Nazi music was written before the Nazis rose to power; the example you gave was written in 1866 to celebrate Prussia's victory over Austria at the Battle of Koniggratz.

Communist music on the other hand was written during the period, by actual communists. Most contemporary German music was loathed by the Nazis, such as Jazz, Swing and even Hindemith, hardly a symbol of 1920s decadence, were banned because they were either considered antithetical to Nazi culture, or in the case of Hindemith, because Hitler did not like it.