2577th Post - Mix

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 3:27:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello!

This is my 2577th post. It's special for multiple reasons. Mainly because 2577 Litva (1975 EE3) is a Mars-crossing asteroid discovered on March 12, 1975 by N. Chernykh at Nauchnyj. "Litva" means "Lithuania" in the Russian language. In 2009 a moon was discovered in orbiting the asteroid, with a size of 1.4 km, a distance of 21 km, and an orbital period of 1 day, 11 hours, and 53 minutes. in 2012, a second satellite orbiting at a distance of 378 kilometers with a diameter of 1.2 kilometers was discovered, with a rotation period of 214 days. The discovery was announced in late 2013. This made 2577 Litva the 11th asteroid discovered to be in a trinary system. [https://en.wikipedia.org...]

As such, I thought I'd share a mix of some thoughts of mine, conduct an AMA, and an Honest Opinion thread.

AMA

As many of you must know, "AMA" stands for "Ask Me Anything." This means, you can ask me questions about -- almost -- anything. I may or may not answer them. Do not troll me, and these questions cannot be inappropriate in any manner, or violate the TOS of the site. The AMA closes on 14th October, 2015, at 15:30 Indian Standard Time.

HONEST OPINIONS

This is basically similar to Mirza's idea, where you can ask me to give my honest opinion of you. I may, or may not, answer to this. The H/O part closes on 11th October, 2015, at 15:30 Indian Standard Time.

NOTE

Please submit to me topics for the Bi-Weekly Topics! I'm in urgent need of some topics. PM me with the title of the OP, the forum it will be in, and the full text, and I will approve or reject it. If I approve, I will ask you to create a thread in the respective forum and will have it stickied.

TRIVIA

When the term "big cat" was first introduced, it meant felines that couldn't roar. The term has now become synonymous with the genus Panthera, and includes the snow leopard, which cannot roar.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 4:41:47 PM
/in For honest opinions

And why no inappropriate AMA questions? They're always the most fun...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 4:46:50 PM
At 10/4/2015 4:41:47 PM, bsh1 wrote:
/in For honest opinions

You were among my first friends on this site. You're a really nice person. I respect and admire you more for your personality than for your debating skill, and that means you should have a *really* nice personality. While you may deny it, you are a very strong debater. Your knowledge of ethics is nigh-unmatched. We disagree on multiple philosophical positions, and that means I'm bound to change some of my views soon. Your work as president is truly amazing. I believe you are really out to make a positive difference to the site, and it's working amazingly well. All our interactions have merely displayed your very affable, friendly character.

Occasionally, you can be quite straightforward, and you might come off as rude, at least in response to perceived rudeness, but that's just a small flaw in your amazing personality.

You are a great debater, but I would seriously recommend expanding your scope of topics, since it seems ethics and politics are your major strong suits.

lol...
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 6:18:38 PM
At 10/4/2015 4:46:50 PM, tejretics wrote:
/in For honest opinions

You were among my first friends on this site. You're a really nice person. I respect and admire you more for your personality than for your debating skill, and that means you should have a *really* nice personality.

Lol...thanks. I appreciate that.

While you may deny it, you are a very strong debater.

Oh no...I know I am a strong debater. I am just not a top 10 debater.

Your knowledge of ethics is nigh-unmatched. We disagree on multiple philosophical positions, and that means I'm bound to change some of my views soon.

What are some of our big disagreements?

Your work as president is truly amazing. I believe you are really out to make a positive difference to the site, and it's working amazingly well.

Thanks!

All our interactions have merely displayed your very affable, friendly character. Occasionally, you can be quite straightforward, and you might come off as rude, at least in response to perceived rudeness, but that's just a small flaw in your amazing personality.

Let's just admit that I've been abrasive with you and others on more than one occasion, and I apologize for that.

You are a great debater, but I would seriously recommend expanding your scope of topics, since it seems ethics and politics are your major strong suits.

Eh...those are where my interests lie.

lol...

I'll take that as permission to ask some very mildly interesting questions:

1. Who is the sexiest person on Earth (physically-speaking) and what physical attributes do you like best about them?

2. If the world was destroyed, and only DDOers survived the Armageddon (because who wants debaters in heaven--we'd annoying everyone with our argumentativeness) who would you marry?

3. Who's your favorite philosopher? Why them?

4. What are your thoughts on my current profile picture?

5. F*ck, Marry, or Kill:

a. Me, Airmax, DK
b. YYW, Fkkize, Skep
c. 16k, Romanii, Whiteflame
d. Blah, Dalt, Esocial
e. Raisor, Thett, Zaradi
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:54:02 AM
/in for honest opinions

Congrats, btw :)
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 10:56:34 AM
At 10/4/2015 6:18:38 PM, bsh1 wrote:
/in For honest opinions

You were among my first friends on this site. You're a really nice person. I respect and admire you more for your personality than for your debating skill, and that means you should have a *really* nice personality.

Your knowledge of ethics is nigh-unmatched. We disagree on multiple philosophical positions, and that means I'm bound to change some of my views soon.

DP is just, animal equality, util.

Your work as president is truly amazing. I believe you are really out to make a positive difference to the site, and it's working amazingly well.

Thanks!

All our interactions have merely displayed your very affable, friendly character. Occasionally, you can be quite straightforward, and you might come off as rude, at least in response to perceived rudeness, but that's just a small flaw in your amazing personality.

Let's just admit that I've been abrasive with you and others on more than one occasion, and I apologize for that.

lol...

1. Who is the sexiest person on Earth (physically-speaking) and what physical attributes do you like best about them?

Nobody on Earth is sexy. Humans were made to be ugly.

2. If the world was destroyed, and only DDOers survived the Armageddon (because who wants debaters in heaven--we'd annoying everyone with our argumentativeness) who would you marry?

I wouldn't.

Peter Singer, because <3 animals, and Graham Oppy, because his arguments are sheer genius.

Shift back to Obi-Wan :P
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 10:58:21 AM
Sapphique,

I believe you're seriously underestimated on DDO, as a member. It's clear to me that you are extremely intelligent, among the smartest members on the site. There isn't a single flaw in your personality -- you're kind, empathetic, and compassionate. You're truly someone on DDO I look up to, be it in personality, debating or mafia. I haven't ever seen you lose your cool.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 11:16:21 AM
/in for honest opinion
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 11:25:23 AM
At 10/4/2015 3:27:31 PM, tejretics wrote:
Hello!

This is my 2577th post. It's special for multiple reasons. Mainly because 2577 Litva (1975 EE3) is a Mars-crossing asteroid discovered on March 12, 1975 by N. Chernykh at Nauchnyj. "Litva" means "Lithuania" in the Russian language. In 2009 a moon was discovered in orbiting the asteroid, with a size of 1.4 km, a distance of 21 km, and an orbital period of 1 day, 11 hours, and 53 minutes. in 2012, a second satellite orbiting at a distance of 378 kilometers with a diameter of 1.2 kilometers was discovered, with a rotation period of 214 days. The discovery was announced in late 2013. This made 2577 Litva the 11th asteroid discovered to be in a trinary system. [https://en.wikipedia.org...]

As such, I thought I'd share a mix of some thoughts of mine, conduct an AMA, and an Honest Opinion thread.

AMA

As many of you must know, "AMA" stands for "Ask Me Anything." This means, you can ask me questions about -- almost -- anything. I may or may not answer them. Do not troll me, and these questions cannot be inappropriate in any manner, or violate the TOS of the site. The AMA closes on 14th October, 2015, at 15:30 Indian Standard Time.

HONEST OPINIONS

This is basically similar to Mirza's idea, where you can ask me to give my honest opinion of you. I may, or may not, answer to this. The H/O part closes on 11th October, 2015, at 15:30 Indian Standard Time.

NOTE

Please submit to me topics for the Bi-Weekly Topics! I'm in urgent need of some topics. PM me with the title of the OP, the forum it will be in, and the full text, and I will approve or reject it. If I approve, I will ask you to create a thread in the respective forum and will have it stickied.

TRIVIA

When the term "big cat" was first introduced, it meant felines that couldn't roar. The term has now become synonymous with the genus Panthera, and includes the snow leopard, which cannot roar.

In for AMA.

Questions.

1. How do I debate like you? I mean I've read alot of your debates and they are well structured and explained. Plus your still a teen. How do you do it?

2. Are you multilingual?

3. What made you come and stay in DDO?

4. Who are the best DDOers in this site?

5. What is the best debate topic? By that I mean the evidence is 50-50 and it is actually debatable but still causes controversy or activity.
Look at my sig.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:11:45 PM
At 10/5/2015 11:25:23 AM, Ted_Kord_Pokemon_Master wrote:
Hello!

AMA

HONEST OPINIONS

NOTE

TRIVIA

In for AMA.

Questions.

1. How do I debate like you? I mean I've read alot of your debates and they are well structured and explained. Plus your still a teen. How do you do it?

I can't really find an answer to this question...

Mainly, it's because I read a lot. I read through every 100-page PDF paper I see relating to a debate, I read tons of books. For instance, when I first debated the death penalty on this site, I read "Freedomnomics," "More Guns, Less Crime," and multiple Pro- and Con-DP studies--I found the whole papers on the net, and read them cover-to-cover. I keep a listing of every relevant study I find. I have thoroughly read through every source I present on a debate. I keep a list of sources relevant to each debate topics, and utilize some of them. For instance, I have 29 sources on GW, but I used only 15 of them in my most recent case.

2. Are you multilingual?

Not exactly. I can speak a small bit of Tamil and Hindi, but that's almost negligible. English is my first language, and the one I'm most confident speaking.

3. What made you come and stay in DDO?

I joined DDO after I was selected to debate formally earlier this year, in the British parliamentary style. I stayed because I had fun debating.

4. Who are the best DDOers in this site?

There are too many to name.

5. What is the best debate topic? By that I mean the evidence is 50-50 and it is actually debatable but still causes controversy or activity.

Anthropogenic global warming is a personal favorite of mine.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:38:24 PM
At 10/5/2015 10:56:34 AM, tejretics wrote:

Do you know what my stance on the DP is?

You dodged the question.

I wouldn't.

You dodged the question.

I never was Obi-Wan. That was Harder...

And you didn't even attempt to answer my 5th question -_-
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:48:01 PM
/in for honest opinion.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 12:50:17 AM
/in For honest opinions

Thanks!

lol...

5. F*ck, Marry, or Kill:

a. Me, Airmax, DK
b. YYW, Fkkize, Skep
d. Blah, Dalt, Esocial
WAT
e. Raisor, Thett, Zaradi
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 12:51:50 AM
At 10/6/2015 12:50:17 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:
5. F*ck, Marry, or Kill:

a. Me, Airmax, DK
b. YYW, Fkkize, Skep
d. Blah, Dalt, Esocial
WAT

lol...

e. Raisor, Thett, Zaradi
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 12:54:22 AM

/in
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 12:56:41 AM
At 10/6/2015 12:54:22 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

/in
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:27:09 AM
/in for the honest opinion
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 3:49:15 AM
At 10/5/2015 10:58:21 AM, tejretics wrote:
Sapphique,

I believe you're seriously underestimated on DDO, as a member. It's clear to me that you are extremely intelligent, among the smartest members on the site. There isn't a single flaw in your personality -- you're kind, empathetic, and compassionate. You're truly someone on DDO I look up to, be it in personality, debating or mafia. I haven't ever seen you lose your cool.

Wow, I must say I'm surprised. Very pleasantly so, but still surprised :D Mafia I'll accept since I've really tried to improve in that area. But debating...lol, I've hardly done any (I should remedy that). And I think my being calm has less to do with my personality and more to do with the general lack of negative interactions I've had on this site haha. You know, if you just change the name to Tejretics and take out the word mafia, that's pretty much my opinion of you as well ^.^
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 10:38:55 AM
@Blah

I don't know you much, and haven't interacted much with you. You seem to be friendly. That's all I have, sorry.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 10:40:24 AM
@n7

Our interactions on this site have been awesome... ^_^ You're one of the good friends I've made on this site, and I must thank you for that. Your knowledge of philosophy is among the greatest on this site, and you have an exceptional skill in debating, for which I believe you're extremely underrated. I don't think there's anything negative, except that you can be nitpicky at times, but that's something even I'm guilty of.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 10:41:03 AM
@Birdlandmemories

As with Blah, I don't know you much, and haven't interacted much with you. You seem to be friendly. That's all I have, sorry.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 10:42:45 AM
@Harder

You're definitely among my "role models" on this site. You're very straightforward, and seem to be quite determined and intelligent. Your personality is intrinsically strong and hard-working, and you have a razor-sharp intellect. I seriously admire your no-nonsense attitude. Your straightforwardness, though, can often make you rude at times, but thankfully I've never felt that. We should interact more often.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 10:44:04 AM
At 10/5/2015 7:38:24 PM, bsh1 wrote:

What I know is what you had in your "The DP is just" debate...

You dodged the question.

I wouldn't.

You dodged the question.

I'm sorry, I meant Mace Windu
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 5:31:11 PM
At 10/8/2015 10:42:45 AM, tejretics wrote:
@Harder

You're definitely among my "role models" on this site. You're very straightforward, and seem to be quite determined and intelligent. Your personality is intrinsically strong and hard-working, and you have a razor-sharp intellect. I seriously admire your no-nonsense attitude. Your straightforwardness, though, can often make you rude at times, but thankfully I've never felt that. We should interact more often.

Thanks. :)
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 5:43:34 PM
Give your honest opinion. :)

And questions:

1. Where would you live if not in India?

2. Your ideal weather/climate?

3. Greatest threat to humanity?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 6:33:04 PM
At 10/8/2015 10:44:04 AM, tejretics wrote:

Could you articulate my position?

I'm sorry, I meant Mace Windu

Wow...You didn't even know who I was for a whole week...I feel rejected...

(JK, lol)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 12:48:32 PM
At 10/8/2015 6:33:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/8/2015 10:44:04 AM, tejretics wrote:

Could you articulate my position?

Respecting human dignity is respecting that choices have consequences, and the sole just proportional consequence for the choice of worst crime ought to be the worst consequence, i.e. death.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 12:51:30 PM
At 10/8/2015 5:43:34 PM, Mirza wrote:
Give your honest opinion. :)

And questions:

1. Where would you live if not in India?

Paris, France.

2. Your ideal weather/climate?

Fairly warm, somewhere around 22 degrees C average. Humid, cloudy, lots of rain. Something like French climate with more rain.

3. Greatest threat to humanity?

Idk. Probably viral diseases.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2015 12:52:12 PM
@Mirza

Haven't interacted much with you on the site, but our interactions have been friendly, and you seem like a nice person.