Jump to topic:

Future Occupation?

TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 1:46:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The title of the post is pretty much self explanatory. State what you want your future job to be and why you want that.

Me: I would like to be a partner at a law firm, or hold a position in the government (preferably President, but probably letting ambition do a little too much talking). This is because from an early age, I have always had a keen interest in politics, and I have an argumentative nature. As for being a lawyer, I feel as if it would be an interesting challenge to make cases in the defense of a conflict, or be on the persecuting side.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 10:49:31 PM
At 10/5/2015 1:46:18 AM, TheProphett wrote:
The title of the post is pretty much self explanatory. State what you want your future job to be and why you want that.

Tenured professor at the University of Colorado, because I love living in Colorado, you got job security, make more than enough to live well, have high social status, plus I love teaching, and you get to do self-directed research at your own pace, on whatever topics you want.
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 11:03:27 PM
At 10/5/2015 10:49:31 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

Tenured professor at the University of Colorado, because I love living in Colorado, you got job security, make more than enough to live well, have high social status, plus I love teaching, and you get to do self-directed research at your own pace, on whatever topics you want.

Honestly, I would mind being a professor at a university. Higher education has always been a goal of mine, and eventually, I would like to maybe enter the teaching profession (later in my career of course).
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 11:48:31 PM
What you want and what you get are universes apart for the average person. I have had three careers in three completely different fields in my 50 years on this earth. The same will be true for the majority on this site. Your college major will most likely be irrelevant to what you do for a living. But go ahead and respond to the OP.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:32:02 AM
Something to do with science.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 6:57:29 AM
I'm interested in too many things. I feel like if I pursue one, than I'm letting the hundred other dreams die. Right now I feel drawn to being a lawyer. A pro bono lawyer that does whatever cases I feel like and lives out of a van.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 1:40:53 PM

Me: I would like to be a partner at a law firm, or hold a position in the government (preferably President, but probably letting ambition do a little too much talking). This is because from an early age, I have always had a keen interest in politics, and I have an argumentative nature. As for being a lawyer, I feel as if it would be an interesting challenge to make cases in the defense of a conflict, or be on the persecuting side.

Same.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 12:31:14 AM
A prostitute and part-time drug dealer.

So that's two future occupations.

And oh, I've long been interested in being a journalist or perhaps something involved in politics--that could just be a 'side' thing and something to fall back on if the sex and drug work become boring or don't work out as expected.

Oral is $80 extra BTW.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'