Jump to topic:

What about the sky?

annakimma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 2:24:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In the bus, at the dinner table, at school- anywhere you go, there is one thing you'll see in everyone's hands, A CELLPHONE. It seems that the cell phone has become mandatory for the human race, since alot of the time Our faces are cast down towards our phones. Has anyone ever thought to look at the sky anymore? probably not, because they can go on face book and look at millions of pictures of the sky without even looking up. There have been several times when I look around me a count all of the kids around me that have forgotten I'm there because they are so into what thier best friend posted on snapchat that they don't even care about what's going on around them. It's actually kind of discomforting to be trying to talk about the sky to your friend and they don't even care because they are so trained on thier phones that the sky doesn't matter. I was always taught to keep my chin up and never look down but having a double chin seems to be a trend now since everyone started looking down at thier phones.
It kind of makes me cry to think that most of the American generations now don't care about the sky or the beauty of the world, only thier phones.
KAiiA McGant
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 5:39:01 PM
The sky here in Southern England starts to get light about 6.30am.
Then my dogs stir and I pull on a coat over my pyjamas and walk them out the back.
There in the east was venus like a diamond and not far below jupiter.
I looked south to see sirius the brightest star gleaming in the brightening sky.
Knowing above sirius would be orion I struggled in the growing light to catch my first sight of it this year. Yeeesss! faint but discernable were the three bright stars of the belt.
I took my dogs in satisfied and awaited the arrival of the greatest star of all the sun.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 5:58:01 PM
At 10/8/2015 2:24:48 PM, annakimma wrote:
In the bus, at the dinner table, at school- anywhere you go, there is one thing you'll see in everyone's hands, A CELLPHONE. It seems that the cell phone has become mandatory for the human race, since alot of the time Our faces are cast down towards our phones. Has anyone ever thought to look at the sky anymore? probably not, because they can go on face book and look at millions of pictures of the sky without even looking up. There have been several times when I look around me a count all of the kids around me that have forgotten I'm there because they are so into what thier best friend posted on snapchat that they don't even care about what's going on around them. It's actually kind of discomforting to be trying to talk about the sky to your friend and they don't even care because they are so trained on thier phones that the sky doesn't matter. I was always taught to keep my chin up and never look down but having a double chin seems to be a trend now since everyone started looking down at thier phones.
It kind of makes me cry to think that most of the American generations now don't care about the sky or the beauty of the world, only thier phones.

I'd use the word 'uncomfortable' over discomforting.
Senpai has noticed you.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 8:25:28 PM
At 10/8/2015 2:24:48 PM, annakimma wrote:

The sky looks perfect during the Fall. Have you seen it lately.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 9:43:54 PM
Sunsets are quite nice.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~