Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Question For British People

Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 9:46:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
- I've heard the noun "issue" pronounced with "s" & with "sh". Which is the correct pronunciation?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 9:59:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 9:46:44 PM, Yassine wrote:
- I've heard the noun "issue" pronounced with "s" & with "sh". Which is the correct pronunciation?

Brits = s - Americans = sh
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 10:21:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 9:59:26 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:46:44 PM, Yassine wrote:
- I've heard the noun "issue" pronounced with "s" & with "sh". Which is the correct pronunciation?

Brits = s - Americans = sh

- Thank you. Does that mean if I heard a Brit using the "sh" sound then it's wrong?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 12:29:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:21:08 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:59:26 PM, TBR wrote:
At 10/18/2015 9:46:44 PM, Yassine wrote:
- I've heard the noun "issue" pronounced with "s" & with "sh". Which is the correct pronunciation?

Brits = s - Americans = sh

- Thank you. Does that mean if I heard a Brit using the "sh" sound then it's wrong?

Odd perhaps, I wouldn't say wrong.