Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Brave New Voices Poetry!

PiperPhoenix
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 5:17:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey have you guys ever heard of the Brave New Voices National Poetry Slam? If so post the links to some of your fav vids for us to see. If not just talk about poetry in general. ( I'm a poet sorry.) ;P
Demons run when a good man goes to war;
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a good man goes to war.
Friendship dies and true love lies,
Night will fall and the dark will rise,
When a good man goes to war,
Demons run, but count the cost,
The battle's won, but the child is lost,
When a good man goes to war.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 5:33:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 5:17:48 PM, PiperPhoenix wrote:
Hey have you guys ever heard of the Brave New Voices National Poetry Slam? If so post the links to some of your fav vids for us to see. If not just talk about poetry in general. ( I'm a poet sorry.) ;P

Poetry is too complicated for me lol.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 5:36:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 5:33:51 PM, lovelife wrote:

Poetry is too complicated for me lol.

^_^

When you're feeling down
there's no need to frown
you can just get busy with more exciting things
it can have quite a fling
just post in this thread
for we don't want it dead
it can be fun too
make a brew!
PiperPhoenix
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 5:54:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Change (Slave Poem):
Demons run when a good man goes to war;
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a good man goes to war.
Friendship dies and true love lies,
Night will fall and the dark will rise,
When a good man goes to war,
Demons run, but count the cost,
The battle's won, but the child is lost,
When a good man goes to war.
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 7:48:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 5:36:24 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 5:33:51 PM, lovelife wrote:

Poetry is too complicated for me lol.

^_^

When you're feeling down
there's no need to frown
you can just get busy with more exciting things
it can have quite a fling
just post in this thread
for we don't want it dead
it can be fun too
make a brew!


Thats the worst poem ever
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 7:55:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 7:48:02 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 9/22/2010 5:36:24 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 5:33:51 PM, lovelife wrote:

Poetry is too complicated for me lol.

^_^

When you're feeling down
there's no need to frown
you can just get busy with more exciting things
it can have quite a fling
just post in this thread
for we don't want it dead
it can be fun too
make a brew!


Thats the worst poem ever

lol I know.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 8:13:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/22/2010 7:48:02 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 9/22/2010 5:36:24 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/22/2010 5:33:51 PM, lovelife wrote:

Poetry is too complicated for me lol.

^_^

When you're feeling down
there's no need to frown
you can just get busy with more exciting things
it can have quite a fling
just post in this thread
for we don't want it dead
it can be fun too
make a brew!


Thats the worst poem ever

Better than anything I could write. Did you even see my attempt? <obviously not, I know I'm just a screw up to everyone, and the only reason you'd say anything is worse than me is because you didn't know something about me>
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
PiperPhoenix
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 8:43:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If I gave you a choice which would you take,
My heart yours to have,
Or the world yours to make.
Demons run when a good man goes to war;
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a good man goes to war.
Friendship dies and true love lies,
Night will fall and the dark will rise,
When a good man goes to war,
Demons run, but count the cost,
The battle's won, but the child is lost,
When a good man goes to war.
PiperPhoenix
Posts: 168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2010 8:57:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I figure it's one of the better attempts I've ever seen actually. it's alot better then most people usually just try to rhyme and make no sense about it.
Demons run when a good man goes to war;
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a good man goes to war.
Friendship dies and true love lies,
Night will fall and the dark will rise,
When a good man goes to war,
Demons run, but count the cost,
The battle's won, but the child is lost,
When a good man goes to war.