Jump to topic:

Favorite Color and Personality

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 2:05:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I doubt there's much of a solid connection. But I went googling to see what people think favorite colors mean in terms of personality. I found this list and saw that my favorite color orange did indeed describe me best and my second favorite color yellow described me second best. However, this is an easy coincidence. To sort this out I thought I'd post it here to ask you if your personality is a match.

White:
Symbolic of purity, innocence and naivete, white has strong connotations of youth and purity. If you are an older person, your preference for white could indicate a desire for perfection and impossible ideals, maybe an attempt to recapture lost youth and freshness. It may also symbolize a desire for simplicity or the simple life.

Red:
The color of strength, health, and vitality, Red is often the color chosen by someone outgoing, aggressive, vigorous and impulsive—or someone who would like to be! It goes with an ambitious nature but those who choose it can be abrupt at times, determined to get all they can out of life, quick to judge people and take sides. Red people are usually optimistic and can't stand monotony; they are rather restless and not at all introspective, so they may be unaware of their own shortcomings. They find it hard to be objective and may blame others for any mishaps. Quiet people with a preference for red may feel the need for the warmth, strength and life-giving qualities of the color, or they blanket their true feelings under a sober exterior. Red is usually chosen by people with open and uncomplicated natures, with a zest for life.

Maroon:
Harsh experience has probably matured the Maroon person into someone likable and generous. It is often a favorite color of someone who has been battered by life but has come through. It indicates a well-disciplined Red personality—one who has had difficult experiences and has not come through unmarked but who has grown and matured in the process.

Pink:
This color embodies the gentler qualities of Red, symbolizing love and affection without passion. Women who prefer Pink tend to be maternal. Pink desires protection, special treatment and a sheltered life. Pink people require affection and like to feel loved and secure, perhaps wanting to appear delicate and fragile. Pink people tend to be charming and gentle, if a trifle indefinite.

Orange:
This color of luxury and pleasure appeals to the flamboyant and fun-loving person who likes a lively social round. Orange people may be inclined to dramatize a bit, and people notice them, but they are generally good-natured and popular. They can be a little fickle and vacillating, but on the whole they try hard to be agreeable. Orange is the color of youth, strength, fearlessness, curiosity and restlessness.

Yellow:
The color of happiness, wisdom and imagination, Yellow is chosen by the mentally adventurous, searching for novelty and self-fulfillment. Yellow usually goes with a sunny and shrewd personality, with a good business head and a strong sense of humor. It is the color of intellectuality and all things to do with the mind. Yellow folks are usually clear and precise thinkers who have a good opinion of their own mental capacities and who have lofty ideals. They may at times tend to shun responsibility, preferring freedom of thought and action.

Green:
The color of harmony and balance, Green symbolizes hope, renewal and peace, and is usually liked by the gentle and sincere. Greens are generally frank, community-minded people, fairly sociable but preferring peace at any price. Green people can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, so they may get exploited by others. They are usually refined, civilized and reputable.

Blue:
Soft, soothing, compassionate and caring, Blue is the color of deliberation and introspection, conservatism and duty. Patient, persevering, conscientious, sensitive and self-controlled, Blues like to be admired for their steady character and wisdom. They are faithful, but are often worriers with somewhat inflexible beliefs and can be too cautious, and suspicious of flamboyant behavior.

Blue-Green:
Exacting, discriminating, poised and attractive, the Blue-Green person tends to be sensitive, intellectual and refined, persevering and stable if rather detached. Blue-Greens have excellent taste, and are usually courteous and charming, capable but often refusing help or guidance.

Lavender:
This is often chosen by a person who lives "on a higher plane," who never notices anything sordid and who is always impeccably and beautifully dressed. Lavender people may be on a continual quest for culture and the refined things of life, high and noble causes but without the necessity of getting their hands dirty. A Lavender person is usually creative, charming, witty and civilized.

Purple:
Purples are highly individual, fastidious, witty and sensitive, with a strong desire to be unique and different. Temperamental, expansive and artistic, a Purple person may become aloof and sarcastic when misunderstood. If you chose Purple, you tend to be unconventional, tolerant and dignified, likely to achieve positions of authority.

Brown:
A Brown person has stamina and patience, tending to be very solid and substantial, conscientious, dependable, steady and conservative. Browns are not impulsive, and may be inarticulate and tactless but they love responsibility and are reliable and kindly. If you chose Brown, watch out for a tendency to be obstinate and inflexible.

Gray:
The color of caution and compromise, diligent Grays search for composure and peace and often work hard without reward. Older Grays like life to run on an even keel with few ups and downs. Young Grays may be withdrawing from life and suppressing their personalities. Grays often have good business ability and tend to work too much.

Black:
Dignified and impressive without being showy, Black people want to give the appearance of mystery, but their preference may also indicate a suppression of desires and worldly aims, suggesting hidden depths and inner longings.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 2:13:48 AM
At 9/23/2010 2:05:15 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Black people want to give the appearance of mystery, but their preference may also indicate a suppression of desires and worldly aims, suggesting hidden depths and inner longings.

RACIST!!!
RAAAAAAAAAAACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^_^
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 2:19:02 AM
At 9/23/2010 2:13:48 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 9/23/2010 2:05:15 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Black people want to give the appearance of mystery, but their preference may also indicate a suppression of desires and worldly aims, suggesting hidden depths and inner longings.

RACIST!!!
RAAAAAAAAAAACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^_^

LOOOL, I didn't notice that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 2:27:20 AM
The problem for me is that there is no "favorite" color. Asking me what color is my fav is like asking what note or chord is my fav... They only have meaning within a scheme. I think having people pick from color schemes would be more effective, but once you go there you might as well just ask what their favorite painting is, or better yet what kind of art in general they like. Asking someone what their favorite genre of music or art is going to give you better answers than what color they like. If your goal is just to reveal a connection between a color and some part of the brain then go for it, although I would question the answer of anyone who says their favorite color is black or white!
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 2:30:21 AM
At 9/23/2010 2:27:20 AM, Rob1Billion wrote:
The problem for me is that there is no "favorite" color. Asking me what color is my fav is like asking what note or chord is my fav... They only have meaning within a scheme. I think having people pick from color schemes would be more effective, but once you go there you might as well just ask what their favorite painting is, or better yet what kind of art in general they like. Asking someone what their favorite genre of music or art is going to give you better answers than what color they like. If your goal is just to reveal a connection between a color and some part of the brain then go for it, although I would question the answer of anyone who says their favorite color is black or white!

I agree with you, in that much depends on the context of the color. I generally don't like reds and oranges, but show me a beautiful sunrise and i melt. I also think that people who say black or white is their favorite color are making a statement about who they are more than anything else.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 2:37:14 AM
I also think that people who say black or white is their favorite color are making a statement about who they are more than anything else.

That they don't know the difference between colour and shade? :P
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 3:27:49 AM
thats surprisingly accurate
not a hundred percent but around 75% which is more than i expected
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 8:33:15 AM
At 9/23/2010 2:27:20 AM, Rob1Billion wrote:

dude; everyone almost certainly likes all the colors in the places they think they fit best. But that does not mean you don't have a favorite color. I like them all yet I know I clearly like some more dominate than others. I like yellow yet I don't really like wearing it or in general surrounding any environment I am in with it. I do like green though in the most dominate way. I like it being the main color in a room and I like as the main color on my closes.

you may like all the colors but isn't there at least one that you like in disproportionate amount of occasions than others. or if you really can see you would like any of the colors for a particular occasion, on occasions like that you most often pick a particular color.

everyone has a favorite, and the people that say they don't are just being picky about the absoluteness the statement sounds like when its said. you overall favorite color does not in every situation need to be you favorite choice for color to count as your favorite.

and I bet plenty of people would say black or white are their favorites. like an emo, or a goth. white for people who really like good vs bad movies and shows.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 8:38:11 AM
looking at my top three, it seems this chart fits me pretty well. the 75% accurate sounds right for its accuracy. if I took a combination of my top 3 though I think It would look closer to 85% accurate.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 9:31:11 AM
I'll read later but of the ones I saw on the list I like:

Red, Blue, Purple, Black.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 9:33:16 AM
I also like brown and gray but didn't see them.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 9:37:17 AM
I hate white, maroon, and yellow.
Orange is alright tho, but I can't stand it in mosst situations.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 4:04:23 PM
1. orange is my favorite color and i am nothing like you, so theres a fail right off the bat.

2. http://en.wikipedia.org...

i expected more of you DDO. though not of freedo lol... so i guess it balances out?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 4:07:52 PM
Blue-Green:
Exacting, discriminating, poised and attractive, the Blue-Green person tends to be sensitive, intellectual and refined, persevering and stable if rather detached. Blue-Greens have excellent taste, and are usually courteous and charming, capable but often refusing help or guidance.

Black:
Dignified and impressive without being showy, Black people want to give the appearance of mystery, but their preference may also indicate a suppression of desires and worldly aims, suggesting hidden depths and inner longings.

I like them both equally.... And guess what? I'm a perfect mix of both of them! Lol Nice thread, FREEDO.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 4:10:43 PM
Green is somewhat accurate, but Gray doesn't fit me at all.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 4:47:32 PM

White:
Symbolic of purity, innocence and naivete, white has strong connotations of youth and purity. If you are an older person, your preference for white could indicate a desire for perfection and impossible ideals, maybe an attempt to recapture lost youth and freshness. It may also symbolize a desire for simplicity or the simple life.

Gray:
The color of caution and compromise, diligent Grays search for composure and peace and often work hard without reward. Older Grays like life to run on an even keel with few ups and downs. Young Grays may be withdrawing from life and suppressing their personalities. Grays often have good business ability and tend to work too much.

Black:

These are my three favourite "colours". The descriptions are so vague I don't know what to make of them lol
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 5:12:34 PM
Oh, and I guess my answers are pretty accurate.