Total Posts:174|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The non sequitur thread

innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 3:21:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 3:20:09 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
This thread is intended for non sequiturs; therefore, everyone will participate. It's sort of like an ad infinitum chain of irrelevancy.

Aren't there like three of these going on right now?
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 3:24:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 3:21:31 PM, innomen wrote:
At 9/23/2010 3:20:09 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
This thread is intended for non sequiturs; therefore, everyone will participate. It's sort of like an ad infinitum chain of irrelevancy.

Aren't there like three of these going on right now?

Of course not. This thread is uniquely named; therefore, this is the only one of these.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 3:42:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 3:36:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I approve of this thread.

You're FREEDO; that doesn't give you the merit to approve of this thread. I just worked out and took a shower.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 3:48:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 3:42:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 9/23/2010 3:36:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I approve of this thread.

You're FREEDO; that doesn't give you the merit to approve of this thread. I just worked out and took a shower.

I can do whatever I want. This is Sparta.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 4:04:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 3:48:25 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 9/23/2010 3:42:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 9/23/2010 3:36:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I approve of this thread.

You're FREEDO; that doesn't give you the merit to approve of this thread. I just worked out and took a shower.

I can do whatever I want. This is Sparta.

You can't defeat me, this must be Soviet Russia XD
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 4:45:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 3:36:09 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Brett Favre is about to throw his 500th touchdown.

That's not a non-sequitur, therefore your face.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 5:04:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Half the people in this thread think a red herring is a nonsequitur, therefore corndogs are blue.

(A nonsequitur requires both a premise and a conclusuon whereby the conclusion doesn't follow logically from the premise.)
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 5:14:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 5:04:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Half the people in this thread think a red herring is a nonsequitur, therefore corndogs are blue.

(A nonsequitur requires both a premise and a conclusuon whereby the conclusion doesn't follow logically from the premise.)

You're a red herring, GOD EXISTS :)
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 5:19:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have the first model of Ipod Nano 1g that still works muther fvuckers
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 5:22:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm not sure how to make a non sequitur, therefore God cannot exist.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 5:33:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 5:22:47 PM, lovelife wrote:
I'm not sure how to make a non sequitur, therefore God cannot exist.

Damn it you got me, thus you are wrong.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 5:38:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 5:33:08 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 9/23/2010 5:22:47 PM, lovelife wrote:
I'm not sure how to make a non sequitur, therefore God cannot exist.

Damn it you got me, thus you are wrong.

I always make perfect sense, therefore there is a purple rabbit next door.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 6:55:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Governments are inefficient and prone to corruption. That's why they should be responsible only for the most crucial and essential tasks!
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 6:57:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
i have a quote from a dead economist supporting my position. therefore i am right.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 6:58:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The argument was made in the form of a quote. Therefore, I don't have to address it.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 7:00:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
a bare assertion made by an economist amounts to an actual argument.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 7:04:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The above is not a non sequitur. Therefore, waffles.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 7:05:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 7:04:27 PM, Reasoning wrote:
The above is not a non sequitur. Therefore, waffles.

I like waffles therefore whoever responds is a d!ckface.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 7:07:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/23/2010 7:05:56 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/23/2010 7:04:27 PM, Reasoning wrote:
The above is not a non sequitur. Therefore, waffles.

I like waffles therefore whoever responds is a d!ckface.

I am a d!ckface. Therefore, lovelife is omniscient.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran