DDO: Game Over -- Season 2, Episode 11

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 3:29:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Level XXVI: The Cave of Lights

Game Update: "Update for Dragon King was been cancelled due to time constraints."

----
THE CAVE
----

Vicksan made his way through the cave... It's leaking stones and screaming chasms echoed across the shaded tunnels.
"Boy... All that... uh... fighting. So many enemies..." Vicksan was expecting more excitement from the dungeon.

-- You are close --

"What?" Vicksan looked around. "Close to what?"

-- I don't know --

"Of course not." Vicksan sighed and carried on.

A sudden instance appeared from around him... A number of them. Weird forms from the corner of his vision.
"Finally..." Vicksan looked over.
From around him, he saw them... Warem and Emberly.
"What...?" Vicksan looked around to see if there were anymore. "What are you doing here?"
The two didn't reply.
"I have nothing to say to either of you." Vicksan turned to leave.
Suddenly, Warem jumped at him, sword in hand.
Vicksan rolled away, Warem's sword swinging just above him. Vicksan swung up his staff and blasted Warem with a fireball.
Warem faded into little dots of grey. The dots hovered about for a moment, then rushed back together, forming Godmother.
"Changelings. That's a little better, I guess."

----
--------
FIELDS OF MIDNIGHT
--------
----

The sound of goblins approached. The united army of Midnight and Raven's Roost stood firmly as they saw the horde moving into sight.

The goblins crossed over the hills of green and golden grass. Their skin was bluish, and brown and green, each a mossy fade of color. They were wearing leather, torn and ripped, and covered in mold. Some had vests, tied by rope, and others had armor tied to them with stitches.

----
INSIDE THE CASTLE
----

Emberly sat on the throne of Midnight, and stared about. She sat lazily, caught in thought and fear. Mostly thought. Thinking of what Warem said...
A whistling sound echoed between the columns.
Emberly looked up at the grand hall. She couldn't see anyone. "... Who's there...?" Emberly got up.
The whistling begin again. It sounded a tune Emberly couldn't understand.

"What is it?" Imabench was behind her. His presence scared her.
"Bench... Do you hear the whistling?" Emberly asked.
"The whistling? What whistling?" Imabench was smiling at her. His head tilted, squinting his eyes.
"Bench...?"
"Well. If you hear a whistling... Maybe it's in your head?" Imabench replied.
"Bench... You're a trickster... And a liar." Emberly looked at him.
"Yea... Yea. I am." Imabench walked around her. "But I'm also loyal."
"..." Emberly heard the whistling get louder. "Loyal to who?"
"Me." He grinned.

"I like this." A voice replaced the whistling.
Emberly turned around.
"I heard 'bout this place... Had te see it me self." The blonde and black haired woman, clothed in leather and an eye patch, walked ever slowly down the hall. She continued whistling. Her waist was shielded in iron capes, tied to her outfit with rope. They moved about her thighs as she stepped forward.

"Who are.... You..?" Emberly saw her username... Monlizzy.
"I'll show ye who I am." She looked slowly to her side. "Willblade, can ye show her who I am fer me?"
"Of course, Capt." A blonde haired man walked beside her. Emberly hadn't seen him until then. He had a white shirt and a black coast over it. Running across that coat was an array of belts and weapons.

----
--------
THE CAVE
--------
----

Vicksan had made it down the cavern, fighting. All of the changelings had appeared as people he knew, each a reflection of their own style. The cave lit in lights and many colors has he fired at each one with a spell.
"A safe room... About time." Vicksan saw the opening in the wall, covered in marks and symbols scratched into the surface. Every dungeon had a safe room in them where the monsters stopped spawning.

He had been blasted through changelings shaped like Warem, Sokol, Bsh, and even Imabench and YYW... The cave seemed too easy so far.

Vicksan entered and looked around for the chest full of treasure. The floor fell off like a chasm, and at the bottom was the the chest. Vicksan begin for the walkway down.
At the bottom, he reached for the chest to open it. However, it was empty.
"That's new..." Vicksan sighed.
He stood up and looked for the exit.

The chest disappeared in a bright light, and in it's place was a mirror.
"Oh. A mission mirror." Vicksan looked up. A mission mirror showed a location of a large treasure, or a secret.
Vicksan looked into the mirror.

-- I see you --

Vicksan looked back. "What..?" No one was around him.
He looked back at the mirror, and saw not a place, but a boy.
"..." Vicksan stared in confusion.
"I see you."
"You..? You're the voice that's been talking to me..?"
The boy was short, and had curly brown hair. He wore default new member's cloths.

"Vicksan." The boy started. "You have a purpose."
"A purpose to die for everyone? How so?" Vicksan was annoyed. He finally met the boy, and that's the topic that comes up.
"No." The boy answered. "A purpose to live."
Vicksan looked oddly at him.
"I have watched you since you came here. I have been interested in you."
"That's.... weird." Vicksan replied. "Why..?"
"I... Don't remember. You were different."
"I see. So, what's my purpose then?"
"I've watched you... And one thing stayed the same, Vicksan. You unite people. People come together for you. All of Midnight. All of Kroengard. You brought them together during Mikal's trial, and Bsh followed you. Vox_veritas even followed you. Even Sokol and Warem."
"What does it matter now? They all despise me. And the one's who don't hate me used me."
"Yes. But now it's your choice, and not theirs." The boy explained. "And you will choose them."
"Why would I help them?" Vicksan asked.

"Because... It's who you are. Underneath that hatred and selfishness. Underneath your feelings, you want to be the hero."
Vicksan didn't reply. He waited for the boy to finish.
"You want to be redeemed. You want to be important. Underneath who you are, is who you want to be. You want to be necessary."
Vicksan stared aimlessly at him, taking a breath to speak, but didn't speak. He just stared.
"Would you die importantly, or live meaninglessly." The boy didn't really ask.
"But I'm not nearly strong enough to destroy millions of Goblins. Even if I were to try."
"Vicksan. What do you know about the Changelings?"The boy asked him.
"They duplicate the person they turn into, and they use that person's fighting style." Vicksan answered.
"And their level." The boy replied.

Vicksan was, again, unable to reply... The changelings replicated the person's level, and he easily took them down... Warem, and even Sokol... People with levels above 80.
"Vicksan. What level are you now?" The boy asked.
"I don't know..." He looked at the ring that kept him from seeing his power. "But stop... I want to know... Who are you?"
"..." The boy thought it over. "I don't know."

----
--------
MIDNIGHT
--------
----

The Goblins had marched closer... Nearly ten thousand of them.
"This is just the army that attacked us in the forest. After this, we need to prepare for the full force." Daytona told Warem and Sokol.
"Great. I hate waves in games." Warem got his sword out.

The Goblins begin to rush. Sokol yelled out "Bows, fire!"
The archers fired hundreds of arrows across the sky. Each was explosive, and hit the ground around the Goblins with a blast. Some Goblins flew back, but most shoved though the explosions.
The Goblins clashed into the spears and swords of the army.
"Tanks! Push them forward!" Sokol yelled.
The heavily armored soldiers stepped forward, cut down on the Goblins in front of them, and stepped forward again.
"Archers!" Sokol screamed. Again, arrows filled the sky.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 3:29:33 PM
A number of Goblins backed up and lifted bows of their own.
"Damn." Daytona scuffed.
The Goblins shot back at the archers on the walls. For every archer, there was an army of arrows flying at them.
"Mages, barrier! NOW!" Sokol screamed.
The mages in the back lifted their staffs, and put a barrier up around the archers. The barriers stopped most of the arrows, and many got through.
"Heal!"
The mages healed the Archers, but they had to reserve their mana.

"Sokol. We need a new tactic. The Goblins aren't stopping, and the mages can't stop everything." Warem cut through a Goblin to his left. A Goblin got to his right. He grabbed at it's neck, and twisted it down before swinging his sword across it's throat. Both Goblins faded away.
"Right." Sokol looked around. He needed a new plan. "Tanks, push forward!" He kept thinking as the tanks cut down the Goblins, stepped forward, and cut down again.

"Of course..." Sokol thought. "Bluesteel. Do you have an enchantment spell? Like one that makes the arrows do fire damage or anything at all?"
"Yes. Why?" Bluesteel was burning through Goblins with fire, not taking her eyes off them.
"Enchant their bows." Sokol told her.
"I can do that. But to stretch it across each bow, no bow would have enough of magic to do anything with." Bluesteel explained.
"Good enough. Do it." He requested.

Bluesteel brought her staff down unto the ground, casting an ice enchantment on the bows of the Goblins.
The Goblins got their arrows ready, and fired. The arrows hit just mere feet from the wall, and dissolved. The Auroras above the city seemed to move down towards each arrow.
"Of each... The arrows can't get passed the aurora because they're magical now..." Bluesteel was impressed.

----
--------
KROENGARD
--------
----

YYW hid in an alley beside the castle. He needed to find a way inside. But the guards were on the look out for him... Or for someone. He was someone... A someone that fit the mold they expected.
"There you are." Mekaiel snuck into the alley beside him.

"You..." YYW almost reacted, but he couldn't make a scene, and so kept calm and collected. "Why are you here..."
"I"m looking for Vicksan." Mekaiel explained. "Now. You can help me find him, or I can cut out the information."
YYW knew he couldn't fight. Magic becomes louder, larger, and more visisble when it becomes stronger. A Mage can't hope to take down someone like Mekaiel without being noticed. Mekaiel, however, could cut through YYW without making a noise.
"Fine." YYW answered. "You get me into that castle, and I'll get you the location you need. But next time I see you, don't think I won't kill you."
"I don't think you can kill me." Mekaiel replied. He looked up at the castle. "Before I kill him, I'll let him know about how his friends gave him away." Mekaiel smiled to himself.
"I'm not Vicksan's friend. None of us are."
Mekaiel looked down at him. "What?"
"We rose against him... Made Emberly queen." YYW spoke. "Don't you remember?"
"I don't remember if I remember." Mekaiel had trouble with his memories from time to time. All apart of respawning the way he did. Maragon's trick with Mekaiel's respawn took it's toll."Why'd you betray him?" He was interest in the details.
"I won't give you the satisfaction of getting off on Vicksan's tragedy." YYW scoffed.
"Fine. I'll find out from him when I slice up his pride... and his face." Mekaiel stepped back a bit.

"What are you doing?" YYW asked.
"Getting you into the castle." Mekaiel explained.
"What..." YYW realized. "Wait, no!"
Mekaiel tapped his sword on the ground. The walls were suddenly lit with hexes, each blowing up. Mekaiel disappeared into the smoke.
YYW turned to run, but realized... He can make this work. He heard the guards coming, and knew he'd be arrested. He sat down, and waited for it to happen...

----
--------
MIDNIGHT
--------
----

A number of the Goblins turned to run, but many persisted.
"They are almost ready to break! Keep at it!" Sokol yelled.
"Believe me, we don't intend to stop not dying!" Rangar yelled back.
A cohort of Goblins turned and began to flank around the army. The army was V-shaped, and so an arm of the formation was vulnerable if the Goblins got around it.
"Seventh! Take that. I can't focus on it right now..." Sokol returned his attention to the main battle. "Mage's, heal!"

Seventh, the general of the Raven's Roost army, looked back at the flank. "Starting with the first soldier, every other man turn around!"
Half of the soldiers turned around.
"Now tighten formation!"
The men got closer, more effectively guarding each other's back. The strategy worked, and the man who had turned around begin swinging at the Goblins who had flanked them.

The Goblin's begin to turn and run. What had been a flanking maneuver, had messed up and separated the Goblin army.
"Archers, Slow 'em down and take out as many as you can!" Sokol yelled.
The archers on the wall shot down on the Goblins with webbed arrows. On impact, the arrows filled the field with webs.
"Charge!" Sokol hollered.
The men charged forward into the routing Goblins. Being slowed down by the webbing, they were vulnerable to the soldier's attack. Within minutes, every Goblin was dead.

"Who's still alive?" Warem looked around. Everyone was still there. "Well it was a small army."
"Yes. It was. And your mages can't possibly regain enough mana to pull off healing like that again." Bluesteel responded.
"We'll have to stay on the walls for the next fight." Sokol walked up.
"I agree." Daytona appeared. "We can't fight them on the ground... When the full army arrives, there will be a million, at least, and they will swarm any army we have."
"But on the walls, how will our melee fighters do anything?" Warem asked.
"They will offer more by cheerleading the archers from the walls, than they will by dying on the ground." Sokol explained.
"When the walls are breached, our soldiers will be waiting. Once an opening is made, most of the Goblins path-finding will kick in, and they will swarm that entry. We can hold them off there." Seventh stepped in.
"You hope." Bluesteel turned and left.

Warem noticed a PM. He opened it up... It was Emberly.
'Help...' the PM read.
"What..?" Warem turned to Sokol, "I'll be back." He begin for the castle.

----
THE CASTLE
----

Warem pushed open the Grand Hall's doors, and ran in. Emberly was standing in front of the throne.
"Ember. Why'd you send me a message asking for help?" Warem didn't seem amused.
"I tried telling you... but they wouldn't let me finish it..." Emberly was crying... She moved aside to reveal Monlizzy on the throne.
"You..." Warem was taken back by her presence. "The pirate from Raven's Roost."
"Aye. I heard so much 'bout this city... Thought I'd take it." She winked at him.
"You think you can beat me? Or Sokol?" Warem pulled his sword.
"Yes. I do." Lizzy cut her accent. "But I won't fight you."
"Oh? Then who will?" Warem heard the door close behind him. "I see."
He looked back at Willblade. The door had a sigil on it... One blocking PMs.

Willblade: Pirate Knight: Level 79.
Thief: Grand Master.
Swordfighting: Ultimate.

"An ultimate rank...." Warem spoke under his breath.
"But see, mate. I don't have to fight you either." Willblade explained. "You see... I only have to fight your girlfriend.."
"... Fine." Warem stared back at Lizzy. "And assume I go peacefully. What would you do?" Warem knew it'd be easy for them, to kill Emberly. The distance from Lizzy to Ember was a fraction of the distance from Warem and her.
"... Will, honey. Throw them into their own jail." Lizzy gave a laughing smile.
"And what do you think will happen when Sokol, Bluesteel, and Daytona find out about this?" Warem asked.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 3:30:52 PM
"Bluesteel will be with us. Ye see, ye both ha'e been away from Raven's Roost fer a while. Ye destroyed the cities walls and men. And with the three best fighters gone with most the army te protect this city, it was an easy capture. Bluesteel will be on our side because she be, first and foremost, on her own side. And like that, so too will Midnight be mine." Lizzy explained.
"And what of the Goblin Apocalypse?" Warem asked, as Willblade bond him.
"..." Lizzy thought about it. "I've always wanted to die a queen."

"To the dungeons, my friends." Willblade pushed Warem along, Emberly followed in fear.

----
--------
THE CAVE
--------
----

"Vicksan." The boy tried for his attention.
Vicksan was walking around the safe room. "There has to be a treasure here. Something that isn't a talking mirror..."
"Vicksan."

"What?" Vicksan looked back.
"You have a purpose."
"I've been told.. But until that purpose doesn't involve me dying, I choose to ignore it."
"You pretend to ignore it." The boy replied.
"What makes you think that?" Vicksan asked.
"Because you care about your mother."
"Her? We don't really have the best relationship. She sent me to a prison." Vicksan replied.
"You sent yourself to a prison."
"And she tried sacrificing me." Vicksan continued.
"No she didn't."
"And she cheated on my father while he was dying."
"What?" The boy didn't understand.
"But it's a long story." Vicksan sighed.
"But you still love her."
Vicksan didn't reply. He just stared back at him.

"What's her name?" The boy asked.
"My mother's?" Vicksan looked back.
"No. Bookworm."
"What...? How would I know that?" Vicksan asked.
"You never asked?"
"Why would I?"
"Anne." The boy answered.
"What?"
"Her name is Anne."
Vicksan didn't know how to answer the boy's remarks. It was weird... Hearing another player's name... Suddenly, they seemed more...... human.
"What about Emberly, Vox, or Sasima."
"Bad examples." Vicksan looked over at him.
"What about them?" He asked.
"I don't know their names either." Vicksan replied.
"Bree Mercer."
Vicksan stepped back... Bree was one of the girls from school. A quiet girl who always stayed by herself... Unless she was with Terra. They were best friends. Bree was nice, and adorable.
"She will die, too." The boy resumed.
Vicksan just thought it over.... over and over again, the point begin to make it's way to him. He knew Bree... Even had a crush on her a year ago... He actually knew her... And she'd die.
"Vicksan. You have a purpose to live." The boy reminded him.
"I know. You've said that already." Vicksan looked over.
"No. You don't know..." The boy continued. "Because what you don't seem to understand, Vicksan. is so does she."

"Come on now, Vickypie." A familiar voice crawled down his spine. Vicksan looked up the cliff wall... It was Minx. "Talking to mirrors?"
"Minx. Not now." Vicksan looked back at the mirror. The boy was gone.
"But Vicksan... A bad time for you is a good time for me."

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 3:31:04 PM
Last Episode: The Invasion ==> http://www.debate.org...

Next Episode: The Battle of Lights // part 1 ==> TBA

----
For the Audience:
----

- Any feedback on the episode?

- Which storyline (Midnight's, YYW/Mekaiel/Rev's, or Vicksan's) are you most interested in?

What would you like to see in the last 4 episodes?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 5:44:36 PM
At 11/1/2015 3:31:04 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Super glad the pirates are back! Monlizzy was a super memorable character, and really the only one I didn't have to think about for a second to remember what was going on.

- Which storyline (Midnight's, YYW/Mekaiel/Rev's, or Vicksan's) are you most interested in?

Vicksan's is fascinating. The kid in the mirror makes me think we're getting closer and closer to Mikal and Vicksan discovering each others' identities.

Mostly, I wanna see a third season ;)

But if not, a satisfying resolution that ties together all of the 5ish big plots going on.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 9:12:14 PM
At 11/1/2015 5:44:36 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 11/1/2015 3:31:04 PM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

Super glad the pirates are back! Monlizzy was a super memorable character, and really the only one I didn't have to think about for a second to remember what was going on.

Great! I was hoping people would like that. You looking forward to their storyline?

Vicksan's is fascinating. The kid in the mirror makes me think we're getting closer and closer to Mikal and Vicksan discovering each others' identities.

That'll be interesting lol. And great. You looking forward to seeing Minx and Vicksan fight? No ones seen mages fight in the story so far.

Mostly, I wanna see a third season ;)

Lol maybe

But if not, a satisfying resolution that ties together all of the 5ish big plots going on.

Huh.. I forgot how many stories I had going on... don't worry. I know the ending will be perfect ; D

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 2:07:02 AM
From what I remember when I was editing this one, a lot of the really major payoffs came when everything was converging. So if this isn't going to wrap up, I'd hate to read it only to be stuck with an eternal sense of unfinished business.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 3:49:36 AM
At 11/2/2015 2:07:02 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
From what I remember when I was editing this one, a lot of the really major payoffs came when everything was converging. So if this isn't going to wrap up, I'd hate to read it only to be stuck with an eternal sense of unfinished business.

Four seasons (I reduced it from five.) There are a number of levels to finding a way out, but belief me, each one leads to the closing. Just not anything from Season 2, since season 2 was about them in the game... But even that serves it's purpose in the end. Season 3 deals with the way out.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
kingkd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 8:25:02 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 11/1/2015 3:29:18 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Where is the full fan-fic?
The Constitution is just a damn piece of paper
-Barack Obama
"I actually support ...the Spanish inquisition, the murder of natives and so much more."
airmax1227
"Water is wet."
airmax1227
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 10:19:54 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 8:25:02 PM, kingkd wrote:
At 11/1/2015 3:29:18 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Where is the full fan-fic?

https://m.facebook.com...

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --