Media Mafia Day Phase 5

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2010 12:48:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
==Notes==
Starting the next night phase, I will not remind players to submit their night actions.

Living Players:
1. LeafRod
2. AlexRae
3. tvellalott
4. alex_hanson911
5. Koopin
6. Zetsubou
7. Marauder
8. xxdarkxx
9. Korashk
10. InsertNameHere
11. wush
12. LaissezFaire
13. BellumQuodPacis

6 votes to lynch.

Dead Players:
1. mongoose: You are Cable News Network, the judge. At night, you determine whether the lynchee is to be killed, permanently roleblocked, or permanently voteless. You win if all anti-town parties are eliminated.

2. JBlake: You are Walt Disney Company, the satirizer. Anyone that votes to lynch you at any time during a day phase will not be able to target a player during the night phase. You win if all anti-town parties are eliminated.

3. mongeese: You are Wikipedia, the wiki. Each night, you must target one player. To that player you will use the role of the last player to have targeted you. Your affiliation will also become that of the last player to have targeted you; however, you cannot win if you die. Your starting win condition is to survive to the end of the game. Your knowledge of your affiliation will be updated at the beginning of each day phase.

4. SportsGuru: You are Comedy Central, the comedian. You can target one person per night. The next night phase, that player will not be able to target any one and anyone that targets them will appear guilty under investigation. You win if the Progressive Mafia becomes the majority.

5. i-am-a-panda: You are Sports Illustrated, the Cult Enquirer. Each night, you can visit someone and there will be an 80% chance that you will learn their affiliation and a 30% chance they will learn yours. You win if the Sports Cult becomes the majority.

6. theLwerd: You are USA Today, the fabricator. You can write the death description of one player that will be posted in the next day phase; however, that player will still be alive and listed among the living players. This death report will only last one day phase. You win if the Progressive Mafia becomes the majority.

7. innomen: You are Warner Bros, the first cooperator. On a night phase, you choose a number. If you and the other cooperators all choose the same three numbers on any night, you can learn the win condition of another player. You win if all anti-town parties are eliminated.

8. oceanix: You are Daystar Television Network, the televangelist. Any player that targets you will have the additional win requirement of survival. You win if seventeen players lose.

9. lovelife: You are American Broadcasting Company, the on-scene reporter. At night, you will randomly recieve two names, one of which visited the other, though you will have no idea who did what to whom. You win if all anti-town parties are eliminated.

10. studentathletechristian8: You are Entertainment Sports Programming Network, the Cult Bidder. Each night, you may target one person. If that person is town and not targeted by anyone else, they are recruited into the cult. You win if the Sports Cult becomes the majority.

The fifth day phase ends 9 PM CST 27 September 2010.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2010 5:51:24 PM
@MOD
Am I alive or dead?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2010 5:52:39 PM
At 9/25/2010 5:51:24 PM, tvellalott wrote:
@MOD
Am I alive or dead?

Nevermind, I'm number 3.

Ok, so I've been about as inactive as can be. That changes now. Do any of our investigative roles have anything?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2010 7:54:27 PM
I didn't get to investigate a person, and I think I know why.

Also, kinda sorry Oceanix.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 12:16:39 AM
has LR role claimed?
last DP SAC8 visited LR which means LR might be sports cult.
although we should be concerning ourselves with mafia.
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 12:53:58 AM
Lynch BQP

I forgot about the rest of last phase...and has wush posted anything other than that post in this game yet?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 1:01:40 AM
At 9/26/2010 12:53:58 AM, Korashk wrote:
Lynch BQP

I forgot about the rest of last phase...and has wush posted anything other than that post in this game yet?

why BQP?
well i replaced badger and by the time i had logged on to see the day phase 5, ocenaix had already been lynched.
so yes that was my first post as wush
and just to verify
i win with the town
i win if all anti-town parties are eliminated
BE HAPPY!! =D
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 5:34:29 AM
8. oceanix: You are Daystar Television Network, the televangelist. Any player that targets you will have the additional win requirement of survival. You win if seventeen players lose.

I lol'd.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 5:55:36 AM
At 9/26/2010 5:45:33 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
@Korashk
Did you use your role?

Seriously? There are only 12 other responses in this thread.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 6:27:35 AM
At 9/26/2010 5:55:36 AM, Korashk wrote:
At 9/26/2010 5:45:33 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
@Korashk
Did you use your role?

Seriously? There are only 12 other responses in this thread.

Just to be certain.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 10:35:56 AM
At 9/25/2010 7:54:27 PM, Korashk wrote:
I didn't get to investigate a person, and I think I know why.

Also, kinda sorry Oceanix.

In retrospect, It was dumb of us to think he had the power to kill when only 2 people die each night phase and we know there are 2 mafia's.

Is it because of Ocenixs ability we didn't get to investigate or is because innome needed to be alive two?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 10:41:21 AM
At 9/25/2010 12:48:17 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Dead Players:
1. mongoose: You are Cable News Network, the judge. At night, you determine whether the lynchee is to be killed, permanently roleblocked, or permanently voteless. You win if all anti-town parties are eliminated.

Glad to see the fabrication wore of this role finally. Theirs little reason to suspect wush as mafia now.

10. studentathletechristian8: You are Entertainment Sports Programming Network, the Cult Bidder. Each night, you may target one person. If that person is town and not targeted by anyone else, they are recruited into the cult. You win if the Sports Cult becomes the majority.

Ha. I was right about this. You can pretty much guarantee LR is a sports cult but I think we should leave him alive. his role definitely wont have recruitment power and his continuing to live keeps either mafia from having the majority. Its not like they wont take him out this night anyway because of that... but still the longer he lives the better. anyone who is cult has no power to really make the townies lose at this point. Their is probably two, I think Sac8 had that much time to recruit new members to the cult. unless he was the only one and he made panda a cult also. but panda's role was a sports media to start with so he was obviously cult to start with too.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 10:57:43 AM
I say Vote Lynch BQP since I know he is conservative mafia.

But I also know BQP is conservative mafia that was recruited. every time the recruiter of either mafia lives the greater there odds are at getting the majority of the remaining players.

If they are any clues as to who could be the recruiters they need to be taken out first.

the people in underline we have reason to think have a power other than recruiter; and the people in bold are the ones left with a small amount of reasoning to be suspicious of. It seemed to be the general consensus that AlexRae had a powerfull important role. and for whatever reason Lwerd as progressive mafia worked hard to get badger (now wush) targeted. Lwerd wouldnt do that if wush is progresive anything, so maby they had reason to suspect him conservative mafia.
With that last one I'm grasping at straws, but still I'd like to know if wush stole anyones vote this night phase and who it was and if that person can confirm they are voteless this day phase.

1. LeafRod
2. AlexRae
3. tvellalott
4. alex_hanson911
5. Koopin
6. Zetsubou
7. Marauder
8. xxdarkxx
9. Korashk
10. InsertNameHere
11. wush
12. LaissezFaire
13. BellumQuodPacis

for the moment their is 2 progressive mafia dead, no conservative mafia dead, 2 sports cult dead, 4 townies dead, and 2 other victory conditions dead.

so even if BQP is not the recruiter the conservative mafia is way ahead of the progressive mafia assuming they both started out with the same number of people.

out of the 13 people still alive, 8 should have been recruited by now that were townie, at least 4 if only the conservatives started with a recruiter. adding who ever was mafia to start with (guessing 4-6) that means their likely 8-10 or 12-14 mafia on both sides by now. That math cant be right though since everyone cant be mafia so maybe just the conservatives have a recruiter or most of this time they have been targeting each others already mafia members with their recruiters.

A Scout is Obedient.
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 5:03:54 PM
@marauder
why do you think BQP is conservative?
have you role claimed?
i chose to cripple SAC8 last nightphase
BE HAPPY!! =D
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 5:11:45 PM
At 9/26/2010 5:03:54 PM, wush wrote:
@marauder
have you role claimed?

People seriously need to read previous phases. I think this is your first game and you just replaced in so I'll be nice.

Innomen, LaissezFaire, Marauder, and I are/were "collaborators." We could find the win conditions of other players. Marauder investigated BQP and found that he wins with the conservative mafia.
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 5:25:12 PM
At 9/26/2010 5:11:45 PM, Korashk wrote:
@marauder
have you role claimed?

People seriously need to read previous phases. I think this is your first game and you just replaced in so I'll be nice.

Innomen, LaissezFaire, Marauder, and I are/were "collaborators." We could find the win conditions of other players. Marauder investigated BQP and found that he wins with the conservative mafia.

oh thats what the 20 was about. well in that case
VTL BQP
BE HAPPY!! =D
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 6:02:49 PM
BQP-4/7[korashk][marauder][wush][alexrae]
BE HAPPY!! =D
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 8:41:38 PM
Vote To Lynch BQP
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2010 7:37:47 AM

i chose to cripple SAC8 last night phase

awfully convenient that the player you crippled is too dead to confirm that he is vote-less because of you.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2010 7:40:16 AM
At 9/26/2010 7:51:09 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Seems like the obvious action. However I am still unable to vote... so

---->mock vote BQP<----

when did you become vote-less? last day phase your vote worked fine on ocenix.

A Scout is Obedient.