Jump to topic:

Original Quotes

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 6:36:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As far as I can see, there has yet to be a topic about this. I wanted to make a forum topic where users could come and post original quotes, quips, all that stuff.

Some things (rules) I would like to mention though (because I know it would happen if I didn't).
1. These quotes must be original. They need to be your own content, or someone close to you. It can't be an already existing quote from someone famous or from a story. I want these quotes to be your own, or made by someone close to you that couldn't share the quote on their own (assuming they don't have a DDO account or something).
Example:
"Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it" - Salvador Dali (Don't do this)
"Why would anyone want to watch the world burn? Watching it freeze is more fun." -Vaarka (Do this)

Basically, be original and don't requote other people, characters, stories, etc.

2. Please put proper ownership of the quote. This includes yourself. If you make a quote and post it here, sign it. If it's an original quote from someone close to you, give proper ownership.
Example:
I bet you're thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". well you're not -Valkrin (Do this)

3. I'm fine with some racist or sexist or whatever quotes, but don't go overboard. If you can, try to completely avoid posting things that are purposely offensive, but again I'm fine with just a little bit. Just as long as the quote isn't completely directed towards another user or race or gender in an overly offensive way, go at it.

4. Please don't just post quotes that don't make any sense whatsoever. What I mean by this is nothing like "The great Babur flipped the iceburg that sunk the titanic back in 2191". I'd prefer quotes that actually have some meaning. This doesn't mean that they can't be something random or pointless
Example:
"What if peanut butter is poison and the only antidote is jelly (or vice versa)?" - Vaarka (This is okay)

I'm hoping this thread will just be a place for people to have some fun sharing things they've come up with or said in their life. They can be serious, funny, sad, random, completely pointless, etc. As long as they don't break any of the rules I posted above, I don't really care what the quote is about.

Now I'll start this off.

"It's sometimes easy to forget a sound is there. You get used to it, and it just falls silent on your ears as a normal thing that you pay no mind to. It seems that sometimes, the only way to notice a noise is even there...is when it stops." - Vaarka
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 12:26:00 AM
As far as I know I said this first. "People who say the problem is complicated, don't want to solve the problem"
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ValosaBirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2015 1:18:19 PM
Being smart is knowing a tomato is a fruit, being logical is not putting tomatos in a fruit salad. - V-Bird
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:28:38 PM
At 11/13/2015 4:05:14 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What a creative and original quote to post. Please, do share more words of wisdom with us. I feel like everyone could benefit from seeing more quotes like this one.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 12:22:33 AM
At 11/13/2015 2:28:38 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/13/2015 4:05:14 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What a creative and original quote to post. Please, do share more words of wisdom with us. I feel like everyone could benefit from seeing more quotes like this one.

I changed my signature to Nolite Timere, which means "do not be afraid" in latin. If I am correct, it the most repeated phrase in the Gospels and is a reoccurring theme throughout the Bible. The phrase is very special to me.
Nolite Timere
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 12:19:45 AM
The problem with the liberal progressive brand of compassion is that so many innocent people have to be either raped, robbed, tortured or murdered
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:41:03 PM
Explanation of D&D stats as they relate to tomatoes:
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Charisma is the ability to sell a tomato based fruit salad

Strength is how many tomatoes you can throw
Dexterity is how many tomatoes you can dodge
Constitution is how many tomatoes you can be hit by because you didn't dodge them.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:41:29 PM
At 11/24/2015 5:41:03 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

Constitution is how many tomatoes you can be hit by because you didn't dodge them.

-ButterCatX

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 6:44:54 PM
"Thnaks Omaba" -Vaarka

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 12:35:59 AM
"It is only when you lack freedom that you understand its dire importance" - (I came up with this quote a little bit ago)
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 1:47:19 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
"When you believe you are immortal and can't be defeated, you are actually weak. It's not until you accept that you can be defeated and have a weakness that you will grow stronger." -Vaarka

ValosaBirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 2:21:51 PM
Posted: 11 months ago

really?
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 3:26:09 PM
At 12/14/2015 2:21:51 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:

really?

Yeah, it's and old D&D thing I came up with

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 3:31:30 PM
At 12/14/2015 3:26:09 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

really?

Wow, for the first time in almost a month, I'm getting notifications of new posts when they're actually sent (I'm still getting notifications from the mlp mafia endgame).

ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 3:33:18 PM
At 12/14/2015 3:31:30 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 12/14/2015 3:26:09 PM, ButterCatX wrote:

really?

Wow, for the first time in almost a month, I'm getting notifications of new posts when they're actually sent (I'm still getting notifications from the mlp mafia endgame).

lol, I sometimes get notifications from replies which makes mafia hard

breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:13:01 PM
"Knowing yourself is important. Knowing yourself in relation to others is even more important." - breakingamber
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 6:59:44 AM
Its better to be alone for the right reasons, than to be with someone for the wrong reasons - ironslippers
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
SuperHuman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 4:44:39 PM
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have.
Woody Allen
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 6:57:10 PM
"Corrin in the house! I'm your main!"

https://i.ytimg.com...

-Vaarka

Alexia_Francesconi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 6:59:31 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Hey might as well give it a go..

Old enough to know better, young enough to not care =P - Alexia Francesconi

=)
Old enough to know better, young enough to not care =P - Alexia Francesconi

=)
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 8:40:02 PM
At 11/10/2015 6:36:22 PM, Vaarka wrote:
As far as I can see, there has yet to be a topic about this. I wanted to make a forum topic where users could come and post original quotes, quips, all that stuff.

Some things (rules) I would like to mention though (because I know it would happen if I didn't).
1. These quotes must be original. They need to be your own content, or someone close to you. It can't be an already existing quote from someone famous or from a story. I want these quotes to be your own, or made by someone close to you that couldn't share the quote on their own (assuming they don't have a DDO account or something).
Example:
"Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it" - Salvador Dali (Don't do this)
"Why would anyone want to watch the world burn? Watching it freeze is more fun." -Vaarka (Do this)

Basically, be original and don't requote other people, characters, stories, etc.

2. Please put proper ownership of the quote. This includes yourself. If you make a quote and post it here, sign it. If it's an original quote from someone close to you, give proper ownership.
Example:
I bet you're thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". well you're not -Valkrin (Do this)

3. I'm fine with some racist or sexist or whatever quotes, but don't go overboard. If you can, try to completely avoid posting things that are purposely offensive, but again I'm fine with just a little bit. Just as long as the quote isn't completely directed towards another user or race or gender in an overly offensive way, go at it.

4. Please don't just post quotes that don't make any sense whatsoever. What I mean by this is nothing like "The great Babur flipped the iceburg that sunk the titanic back in 2191". I'd prefer quotes that actually have some meaning. This doesn't mean that they can't be something random or pointless
Example:
"What if peanut butter is poison and the only antidote is jelly (or vice versa)?" - Vaarka (This is okay)

I'm hoping this thread will just be a place for people to have some fun sharing things they've come up with or said in their life. They can be serious, funny, sad, random, completely pointless, etc. As long as they don't break any of the rules I posted above, I don't really care what the quote is about.

Now I'll start this off.

"It's sometimes easy to forget a sound is there. You get used to it, and it just falls silent on your ears as a normal thing that you pay no mind to. It seems that sometimes, the only way to notice a noise is even there...is when it stops." - Vaarka

https://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com...
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 2:23:59 AM
At 1/17/2016 8:40:02 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 11/10/2015 6:36:22 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Example:

Example:

Example:

Now I'll start this off.

https://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com...

I was asked if I gambled. Instantly I said . " I gamble so much I should of been born in Tebet." I think about it now 4 years later. And I feel proud. Ty ty
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 2:34:36 AM
"BIG TITS!"
~ my powerlifting coach before any heavy sets
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Briannj17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 4:04:27 AM
An original quote
as you would know it,
Is now so rare,
As super clean air.
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2016 5:58:25 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
"The moon is flat and the earth landing was fake." - Vaarka

<3

Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 12:50:57 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/26/2016 5:58:25 PM, Vaarka wrote:
"The moon is flat and the earth landing was fake." - Vaarka

<3

That's beautiful.