Media Mafia Day Phase 6

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 6:00:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
==Notes==
Players that do not actively participate in this day phase (my arbitrary decision) will be replaced.
Dead townies may ask to be back-ups.

Living Players:
1. LeafRod
2. AlexRae
3. tvellalott
4. alex_hanson911
5. Koopin
6. Marauder
7. xxdarkxx
8. InsertNameHere
9. wush
10. LaissezFaire
11. BellumQuodPacis

5 votes to lynch.

Dead Players:
1. mongoose: You are Cable News Network, the judge. At night, you determine whether the lynchee is to be killed, permanently roleblocked, or permanently voteless. You win if all anti-town parties are eliminated.

2. JBlake: You are Walt Disney Company, the satirizer. Anyone that votes to lynch you at any time during a day phase will not be able to target a player during the night phase. You win if all anti-town parties are eliminated.

3. mongeese: You are Wikipedia, the wiki. Each night, you must target one player. To that player you will use the role of the last player to have targeted you. Your affiliation will also become that of the last player to have targeted you; however, you cannot win if you die. Your starting win condition is to survive to the end of the game. Your knowledge of your affiliation will be updated at the beginning of each day phase.

4. SportsGuru: You are Comedy Central, the comedian. You can target one person per night. The next night phase, that player will not be able to target any one and anyone that targets them will appear guilty under investigation. You win if the Progressive Mafia becomes the majority.

5. i-am-a-panda: You are Sports Illustrated, the Cult Enquirer. Each night, you can visit someone and there will be an 80% chance that you will learn their affiliation and a 30% chance they will learn yours. You win if the Sports Cult becomes the majority.

6. theLwerd: You are USA Today, the fabricator. You can write the death description of one player that will be posted in the next day phase; however, that player will still be alive and listed among the living players. This death report will only last one day phase. You win if the Progressive Mafia becomes the majority.

7. innomen: You are Warner Bros, the first cooperator. On a night phase, you choose a number. If you and the other cooperators all choose the same three numbers on any night, you can learn the win condition of another player. You win if all anti-town parties are eliminated.

8. oceanix: You are Daystar Television Network, the televangelist. Any player that targets you will have the additional win requirement of survival. You win if seventeen players lose.

9. lovelife: You are American Broadcasting Company, the on-scene reporter. At night, you will randomly recieve two names, one of which visited the other, though you will have no idea who did what to whom. You win if all anti-town parties are eliminated.

10. studentathletechristian8: You are Entertainment Sports Programming Network, the Cult Bidder. Each night, you may target one person. If that person is town and not targeted by anyone else, they are recruited into the cult. You win if the Sports Cult becomes the majority.

11. Zetsubou: You are The Weather Channel, the knowing bystander. You can learn the targets of one player per night. You win if you survive to the end of the game.

12. Korashk: You are Fox News Channel, the third cooperator. On a night phase, you choose a number. If you and the other cooperators all choose the same three numbers, you can learn the win condition of another player. You win if the Conservative Mafia becomes the majority.

The day phase ends 9 PM CST 4 October 2010.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 6:19:44 PM
At 9/30/2010 6:16:52 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
You should probably stop, leik nao

You do realize that I was a cult member, so nothing bad will be done to the town. Heck, I helped the town in providing them with some mafia "scum."

I made my message so that it implies that I will not speak in this thread again. However, I will let you people know that I will never be silenced. However, I will silence myself now for the sake of the glorious wjm ;)
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 6:56:40 PM
Vote to Lynch BPQ
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 6:58:35 PM
@Marauder
We're the last 2 cooperators, right? Are you still submitting 20?

: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 7:50:08 PM
At 9/30/2010 7:39:57 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
I'm still vote less -_-

Honestly i'm very confused though, i have no idea what to go on or who to vote towards.

--not interfering with the game plz don't punish--

What?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 7:59:59 PM
At 9/30/2010 7:50:08 PM, lovelife wrote:
I'm still vote less -_-

Honestly i'm very confused though, i have no idea what to go on or who to vote towards.

What?

heh?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 8:02:52 PM
At 9/30/2010 7:59:59 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
I'm still vote less -_-

What?

heh?

What difference does it make who you vote for? SAC8 did much the same thing VTL whoever, but my vote doesn't count and no one listens anyway. Never understood the point.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 8:04:33 PM
At 9/30/2010 8:02:52 PM, lovelife wrote:
I'm still vote less -_-

What?

heh?

What difference does it make who you vote for? SAC8 did much the same thing VTL whoever, but my vote doesn't count and no one listens anyway. Never understood the point.

Essentially it is mock voting. It's saying that if you could vote that you would be voting for this person.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 8:06:32 PM
At 9/30/2010 8:04:33 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 9/30/2010 8:02:52 PM, lovelife wrote:
I'm still vote less -_-

What?

heh?

Essentially it is mock voting. It's saying that if you could vote that you would be voting for this person.

Still don't see the point. (I'll stop talking now anyway maybe spam thread for this question)
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 8:44:18 PM
VTL BQP
maybe the progressive mafia doesn't have killing powers for some unknown reason. wouldn't they have tried to kill BQP? or maybe he survived a possible night kill with a bullet proof vest but the number of night kills doesn't add up. or maybe i am completely wrong....?
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 11:14:25 PM
BQP-3/5[alexrae][laissezfaire][wush]
BE HAPPY!! =D
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 12:31:29 AM
unless anyone learned anything new, lets just take out BQP
BE HAPPY!! =D
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 4:24:53 AM
Well, Im almost certain it is impossible to sway you to my innocence. I was muted yesterday due to some role, and I got nothing on my investigations. However, last night I did run an investigation on Marauders statement, "I know BQP is Conservative Mafia." and I did get a lie. So three things can happen here, hes trying to be a townie with an important role cause hes a vanilla, hes a mafia member trying to incriminate an innocent, or hes trying to clear himself (which wont work because im innocent). With that, I would definetly watch your step here guys. My investigation shows a possible guilty.Seriously I have a very powerful town role, dont ruin it.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 9:04:54 AM
At 9/30/2010 6:58:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
@Marauder

yes and it hasn't worked for two day phases. So either you and korshak submitted something else, and I am guessing korshak may have as a recruited conservative mafia member to sabotage us, or we need all of us to be alive for it to work since this has failed since innome death.

only way to find out. both of us keep submitting the number 20 and see if we get anything this night phase with korshak dead. and by the way just encase you've been recruited like korshak was by a mafia I would like to argue it would be in your benefit to not sabotage the effort by submitting something other than 20. you no doubt still gain info for your submission even if your no longer townie so it could help your mafia in finding out the opposing mafia. so dont be like korshak and submit the # 20 I am going to look up wush to confirm him townie or mafia for one and for now.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 9:08:16 AM
At 9/30/2010 8:44:18 PM, wush wrote:
VTL BQP
maybe the progressive mafia doesn't have killing powers for some unknown reason. wouldn't they have tried to kill BQP? or maybe he survived a possible night kill with a bullet proof vest but the number of night kills doesn't add up. or maybe i am completely wrong....?

they heard Sac8 say korshak was conservative mafia and went on that, and maybe recruited BQP (speculating). does anyone know what happens if mafia recruit opposing mafia member? does the recruiter die for it or does that member just switch mafia's?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 9:20:40 AM
At 10/1/2010 4:24:53 AM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
Well, Im almost certain it is impossible to sway you to my innocence. I was muted yesterday due to some role, and I got nothing on my investigations. However, last night I did run an investigation on Marauders statement, "I know BQP is Conservative Mafia." and I did get a lie. So three things can happen here, hes trying to be a townie with an important role cause hes a vanilla, hes a mafia member trying to incriminate an innocent, or hes trying to clear himself (which wont work because im innocent). With that, I would definetly watch your step here guys. My investigation shows a possible guilty.Seriously I have a very powerful town role, dont ruin it.

wjm sign off say's 'unless otherwise stated I am unaffiliated' so I am quite certain what he sent me is the gospel truth on your win condition (two day phases ago anyway). so I'm pretty sure I shouldn't turn up as lying on that. that's what I know, maybe the statement is still wrong if you have been recruited by progressive mafia now.

I believe you started the game as townie, but when I submitted the number 20 that night phase wjm gave me your win condition and it was 'You now win if the Conservative mafia is the majority'
the now implies that status was not always so.

my role is not important, it the same as korshaks and innome witch is written in the dead player lists. obviously I have that ability as it was I who came out and said who I was and told the other cooperators to submit the # 20 so we would learn anything.

the remaining players should only doubt that if after you are lynched you don't turn up some kind of mafia or your role power doesn't explain why I would get the info 'you now win if the conservative mafia is the majority' like if you switch win conditions every phase like mongeese.

personally I would prefer to lynch someone we had a clue as to them being the recruiter of the mafia's but for now you will have to do

vote lynch BQP

A Scout is Obedient.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 9:24:39 AM
Shouldn't it be 6 votes to lynch, since there are 11 people?

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 9:25:08 AM
At 10/1/2010 9:04:54 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 9/30/2010 6:58:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
@Marauder

yes and it hasn't worked for two day phases. So either you and korshak submitted something else, and I am guessing korshak may have as a recruited conservative mafia member to sabotage us, or we need all of us to be alive for it to work since this has failed since innome death.

only way to find out. both of us keep submitting the number 20 and see if we get anything this night phase with korshak dead. and by the way just encase you've been recruited like korshak was by a mafia I would like to argue it would be in your benefit to not sabotage the effort by submitting something other than 20. you no doubt still gain info for your submission even if your no longer townie so it could help your mafia in finding out the opposing mafia. so dont be like korshak and submit the # 20 I am going to look up wush to confirm him townie or mafia for one and for now.

actually forget wush for now, Insertname and xxdarkxx have been acting oddly ignorant. lots of statements like 'I don't really know who to lynch right now' and 'don't know whats going on' kind of statement. And that doesn't indicate anything in particular but let look up their win conditions for the night anyway. I will get xxdarkxx.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 9:25:59 AM
At 10/1/2010 9:24:39 AM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Shouldn't it be 6 votes to lynch, since there are 11 people?

not if 1 of the 11 is vote-less (xxdarkxx allegedly)

A Scout is Obedient.