Jump to topic:

Why isn't there a LAW category?

Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 4:17:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I posted an Opinion post yesterday, asking the same question but it never posted, then the website went offline and I never got back on until this morning and my Opinion post is still missing. WTF?

Getting on to the question, why doesn't this forum have a Law category? The Miscellaneous category can be used but considering the IMPORTANCE of Law, there should be a separate category to discuss Law and the Political category is IMPROPER to post matters of Law, since Article 4 stipulates Law cannot be political, it can only qualify as Law, so the Politics category is improper to post matters pertaining to Law and the Miscellaneous category is no different, matters of Law do not belong in this section either and since this Debate Forum CLAIMS it's an Open System Debate Forum, it has to have a Law category or it isn't as Open as it claims to be.

I'd love to Debate Law with members here but there isn't a proper section to do it. Can we please get a Law section? It isn't that hard to add and a Debate Forum without a Law section, isn't a complete Debate Forum.

Namaste! :)

"In a world controlled by Law, there are two types of peeps, Lawyers and Bait; and in a world where Lawyers specialize, even the Lawyers are Bait." Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit :)
WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 8:26:14 PM
At 11/25/2015 4:17:27 PM, Toad-Uoff wrote:
I'd love to Debate Law with members here but there isn't a proper section to do it. Can we please get a Law section? It isn't that hard to add and a Debate Forum without a Law section, isn't a complete Debate Forum.

I somehow can't see why not having a section is stopping you... Sure, it would be nice, but it isn't necessary..
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 3:13:56 PM
I posted an Opinion post yesterday, asking the same question but it never posted, then the website went offline and I never got back on until this morning and my Opinion post is still missing. WTF?

Getting on to the question, why doesn't this forum have a Law category? The Miscellaneous category can be used but considering the IMPORTANCE of Law, there should be a separate category to discuss Law and the Political category is IMPROPER to post matters of Law, since Article 4 stipulates Law cannot be political, it can only qualify as Law, so the Politics category is improper to post matters pertaining to Law and the Miscellaneous category is no different, matters of Law do not belong in this section either and since this Debate Forum CLAIMS it's an Open System Debate Forum, it has to have a Law category or it isn't as Open as it claims to be.

"In a world controlled by Law, there are two types of peeps, Lawyers and Bait; and in a world where Lawyers specialize, even the Lawyers are Bait." Old Toad Proverb

politics, society and philosophy are all appropriate sections depending on the type of law you're discussing.

A law section would be even more superfluous and underused than a history section. The law, like history, is of something ... that something should direct your topical categorization.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 4:52:30 PM

Your first problem is going to the opinions section. It's generally filled with the anti-intellectuals, which is why we send the glitches over there when they appear on the site.

Getting on to the question, why doesn't this forum have a Law category?

1) We do, it's called the politics forum.

2) If we had a separate category for law, it wouldn't be used enough to be worth it.

The Miscellaneous category can be used but considering the IMPORTANCE of Law

Or use politics for the specific laws.

there should be a separate category to discuss Law and the Political category is IMPROPER to post matters of Law, since Article 4 stipulates Law cannot be political

Article 4 of what? And laws are made by the political process. So it's completely appropriate to post them in there.

it can only qualify as Law, so the Politics category is improper to post matters pertaining to Law and the Miscellaneous category is no different, matters of Law do not belong in this section either and since this Debate Forum CLAIMS it's an Open System Debate Forum, it has to have a Law category or it isn't as Open as it claims to be.

I think you're the only person that feels this way, because if you post law in misc or politics, people are going to have a discussion with you. They're not going to remove your post because Article 4 of that thing you mentioned earlier.

Start a debate about a law. Like an actual structured debate in the debate section. No need to bring your tears here, because Juggle won't change anything anyway.

The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 10:05:14 PM
Politics.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 1:47:41 AM
At 11/27/2015 10:05:14 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Politics.

Otay! I shall inundate the Political Section with Law discussion. :p

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 4:56:22 AM
At 11/29/2015 1:47:41 AM, Toad-Uoff wrote:
At 11/27/2015 10:05:14 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Politics.

Otay! I shall inundate the Political Section with Law discussion. :p

Go ahead. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 5:57:05 PM
What good are laws if they are not enforced across the board. It clear as day that some laws apply to some and not others. Unfortunately the people who make the laws and enforce them are most exempt from them being enforced upon them.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%