Jump to topic:

Jobs for the mentally disabled

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 7:46:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Health professionals used to call them ‘retarded' and before that ‘mentally handicapped' and before that ‘moronic' and before that ‘imbecilic' but now they describe people with very low intelligence ‘people with learning difficulties'. But whatever they are called, these people deserve to be employed.

However, some companies have embraced this philosophy too enthusiastically, at least in my opinion.

For example, Eurostar (who have the monopoly on the high-speed passenger train services through the Channel Tunnel) seem to allow people with profound learning difficulties answer the phones on their dedicated travel industry line.

Similarly, British Airways' Groups Department also appear to employ mentally challenged people to deal with requests from travel professionals while the Guoman Hotel Group's Conference and Events Department apparently recruited their entire staff from their local psychiatric hospital!

I suspect that this is all more about cutting costs than providing equal employment opportunities – personally I can't wait until these companies go bust or are taken over by decent firms who know the meaning of the term "customer service".
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 7:54:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I must agree Israel has some f-ing problems.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave