Jump to topic:

Where do you get your information?

ZacGraphics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:38:39 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Hello DDO! I had no idea where to put this question, but anyways, on with the topic of discussion.

I just want to take an open survey, out of pure curiosity, as to what you use most frequently for getting your research, data, information, and so on. Whether you get information for debates, or everyday discussions, where do you prefer to get your information online?

Personally, I love using the Britannica Encyclopedia. It has a very plentiful amount of information, and a user-friendly site layout. If I need specific word definitions, I might use Merriam-Webster online dictionary/thesaurus.
Have you ever heard the story about the hero dying for the villain?
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 11:57:57 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:38:39 PM, ZacGraphics wrote:
Hello DDO! I had no idea where to put this question, but anyways, on with the topic of discussion.

I just want to take an open survey, out of pure curiosity, as to what you use most frequently for getting your research, data, information, and so on. Whether you get information for debates, or everyday discussions, where do you prefer to get your information online?

Personally, I love using the Britannica Encyclopedia. It has a very plentiful amount of information, and a user-friendly site layout. If I need specific word definitions, I might use Merriam-Webster online dictionary/thesaurus.

I use Wikipedia. Although I ultimately check the footnotes to see if the fact comes from a credible source. I also google for information, but then again I check the credibility of the sites I'm reading things on. I should consider Britannica though, it seems good. For words, I turn to Oxford Dictionary. To be honest that is only on the fact that Oxford University is a top university though.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 10:07:46 AM
The internet is used everywhere and by all comers for information.
The main problem is deciding where information ends and opinion begins.
ZacGraphics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 4:32:32 PM
At 12/10/2015 10:07:46 AM, fromantle wrote:
The internet is used everywhere and by all comers for information.
The main problem is deciding where information ends and opinion begins.

That's very true. It's usually easy to tell from the words people might use if they are stating opinions or facts, but it is much easier through verbal communication rather than words on a screen. Just my opinion.
Have you ever heard the story about the hero dying for the villain?