Jump to topic:

DDO DnD : The Fanfic / Update Page

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:44:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
For context this thread and threads after it shall be used to keep up with the adventures of our party. I just decided to write it in a fanfic format in hopes of drawing new players and also as reference points in case current players needed to go back to see what happened in the past

Players

Zaradi / Matt - Kyras Shadowmeld The Half Elf Rogue
Mestari / Tim - Lucidious Averium The Tiefling Witch
Raisor / (can't say) - Boar The Halfling Druid
BOT / Addison - The Half Orc Barbarian
(Soon to come) FT / Adam - The Human Alchemist

Episode 1 : Entry Into Emberforge

Recently destiny has brought quite a few adventures together on the continent of Tal Rohen. A fresh continent yet to be cultivated and suffer the down sides of civilization. Many people have come here in hopes of mining the fresh resources, and to even start lives and live in peace away from the rest of the world. One such person was Turin Strongshield. One of the mightiest dwarves in the eastern realms, he set out to Tal Rohen to start an empire. Years later his goal was completed, and after convincing a great many of his friends and family to follow him, he was officially dubbed the leader of Dhag Burim. Dhag Burim was now officially the capital of Tal Rohen , and was home to all races alike. However due to Strongshield being a dwarf, most of the nobility in the city is just that, primarily dwarves. At the center of Dhag Burim lies the Ember Forge, the heart of the mountain in which Dhag Burim resides. That is where our adventure begins.

A group of unlikely people met up at the gates of the ember forge where they discovered that King Turin was holding an event, with the prize of a secret reward. Rumors spread of this reward and everyone in Tal Rohen that could hold a sword and fight properly wanted a chance to gain the audience with the King in Hopes of treasure. On a fateful day, the event was held. Everyone gathered at the gates of the ember forge, heart of Dhag Burim to find out about this event. They found out there were many missions to complete and those that proved their worth, would earn this prize that the king spoke of.

It was fate that brought this group of unlikely adventures together. Standing outside the gates of the ember forge the ambassador to the king asked if anyone was strong enough, and challenged them to show their might. It was then that Liontooth (BOT) almost in a immediate response, turned with his blade to turn a nearby statue to rubble. The ambassador pleased with his show of strength sent liontooth to the local bar to learn of missions and how to complete them. Others were watching this display, one such man was Kyras (Zaradi) who caught up with liontooth after his display of power and asked to join him on his endeavor. The were soon followed by Boar (raisor). The three quickly went to the local pub to find out about the event. It was there a fight broke out and half orc and man got into a fight. Luckily a nearby tiefling (luci) managed to put the half orc to sleep. But to no avail, the man he was fighting proceeded to kick him until he was near the brink of death, which prompted Liontooth to stop the fight. The man that Liontooth beat, ran out the bar swearing and cursing, that he would "kill that btch" one day. Noticing the display of power from this tiefling boar convinced him to join the group, and they went to speak to the bar keeper.

They learned of a local village named tritheria that was being attacked by beasts, and that one of the missions in this "game" was to help the local down. The group set out and found the village. They learned that local dire wolves were attacking the village from the local bar keeper. After much conversation they need what they had to find the wolves. Luci playing a trick on the bar keeper, pretended to be Satan and talk to him through his mind powers, nearly making the bar keeper cry in fear.

While Kyras and Boar set out to the woods in order to find the wolves. Liontooth decided (for some reason) to climb on top of the local church and watch to see if he could see any wolves killing live stock. Sadly there was nothing, and due to his nature and not being the smartest tool in the shed, he sat on a roof drinking a grog of ale staring into the distance for the better part of the day. Luci however managed to come across a wolf in the field, and find tracks. The group met back up , traced the wolf down, and managed to that wolf and 3 others.

After the fight they noticed that other wolves were dead near the ones they had killed. They learned that something was killing the wolves and driving them from their homeland. After hours and hours of failed investigation they eventually found a track that looked to be snake like. They tracked it to find a giant 30 foot anaconda sleeping in a cave. Clibming down to get a look at it, they decided to go back to get help in order to be safe. Unlickly boar, slipped while climbing out of the cave waking the giant snake a fight started. Everyone tried to flee the fight, while boar hid in the shadows. One person stood to fight. Luci and his pet Rasgor. This little pet standing nearly 1 foot tall, looking at the giant snake tried to attack it but to no avail. Meerly running at it and hurting itself while trying to attack. The pet weeped and cried for his master nearly accepting death, and it was at that point luci let out a blast of lighting that startled the snake drawing its attention. It bursted out of the cave where it came face to face with liontooth. Quickly the party dispered thinking they had no shot at fighting, but the snake would not leave liontooth. Liontooth and the snake grappled in combat for nearly an hour in a fierce duel fought each other. Eventually party members returned, hitting the snake with arrows and magic. Liontooth tanking the snake and fighting it blow for blow.

It was at that moment that boar who was invisible threw a single stone at the snake and manged to kill it in a burst of holy energy. ( For context the snake had 1 hp and raisor stole the kill by throwing a pebble at it)

The part collected proof they killed the snake and set back to Dhag Burim. The group showed proof to the ambassador when they were asked to complete one more quest in order to gain an audience with the king. They had to travel to the Ever Dark Mines and find out what evil was down deep below the mountain.

That is where we left off
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:01:41 AM
At 12/10/2015 2:49:15 AM, Mikal wrote:
Map

http://imgur.com...

Oh my, that totally doesn't look like Ireland at all.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:52:24 AM
Wow so an inaccuracies in this story, but what should I expect from the anti-halfling media.

a) It was Boar the Halfling who first made friends with Liontooth. Liontooth, the massive barbarian was willing to give Boar a fair hearing at least in part due to Boar's impressive tiger companion "Pancakes."

b) Boar only fell into the snake pit due to the slippery, muddy, generally intractable slope he was forced to climb. Faced with the option of trying to scramble up the slop with a massive snake at his heels (certain death) or biding his time by hiding, he wisely chose to scramble into the shadows. Time has proven Boar to be wise beyond his looks (and his stats bear that out).

c) This recounting ignores that Boar returned to battle, cast many magic spells to aid his companions, and then managed to kill the great snake with his MAGIC STONES. Boar slung a stone through the eye of the great snake, and it fell listless to the ground at the feet of the massive Liontooth.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 4:25:41 AM
At 12/10/2015 3:01:41 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Map

Oh my, that totally doesn't look like Ireland at all

Is this supposed to be a clever criticism?

It's a lot of fun to re-imagine real world geography. IDK whether thats what Mikal is doing or not, but using a landmass as a template is a good way to start developing a new story/world.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this, it boggles my mind that you would make the effort to dump on someone over this.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 4:27:57 AM
At 12/10/2015 4:25:41 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 12/10/2015 3:01:41 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Map

Oh my, that totally doesn't look like Ireland at all

Is this supposed to be a clever criticism?

It's a lot of fun to re-imagine real world geography. IDK whether thats what Mikal is doing or not, but using a landmass as a template is a good way to start developing a new story/world.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this, it boggles my mind that you would make the effort to dump on someone over this.

Just trying to make a joke, sheesh...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 12:41:25 PM
At 12/10/2015 2:44:33 AM, Mikal wrote:

While Kyras and Boar set out to the woods in order to find the wolves. Liontooth decided (for some reason) to climb on top of the local church

This was my favorite part, made me chuckle.
On the map I noticed a city/area named Beckonsale, is this a pun on Kate Beckinsale?
Also, could you keep posting these if possible? I enjoy the reads.
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:06:37 PM
Where do you guys play? I would love to join you
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:30:00 PM
In my D&D club, we got in a drunken bar fight with a notorious gang of cripples. Everyone in my party except me was drinking heavily(one character was one drink away from a coma, because she was drinking for three straight days) My character never drinks alcohol. We beat the cripples with everyone stealing kills from my drow rogue. We found a baseball which we thought was an orb of Bev the jellyfish goddess(the most powerful god in the pantheon. Then we burnt down the tavern with the first known Molotov cocktail. We also found a naked wizard passed out drunk outside of the bar. Then we killed the only guard in the town and stole his gear. Then Bev came down, blessed the baseball, and teleported us to a goblin cave where they worshiped a bad god that they were gonna bring back. Our Warlock shot his crossbow at some goblins on a bridge and he missed driving the bolt into the bridge, I shot my short bow at his bolt, hit it, driving the bolt deeper into the bridge, rolled a perfect 100 on % dice making the bridge crash down into the lava, then I rolled a percentage dice to determine how many goblins I killed and rolled another perfect 100 on %dice, killing like 15 goblins.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:50:44 PM
At 12/10/2015 12:41:25 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 12/10/2015 2:44:33 AM, Mikal wrote:

While Kyras and Boar set out to the woods in order to find the wolves. Liontooth decided (for some reason) to climb on top of the local church

This was my favorite part, made me chuckle.
On the map I noticed a city/area named Beckonsale, is this a pun on Kate Beckinsale?
Also, could you keep posting these if possible? I enjoy the reads.

It wasnt but i can see that lol
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:53:33 PM
At 12/10/2015 1:06:37 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

Sunday night google plus and roll 20
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:55:11 PM
At 12/10/2015 2:53:33 PM, Mikal wrote:

Alrighty, do you need my email?
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:58:54 PM
At 12/10/2015 1:30:00 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
In my D&D club, we got in a drunken bar fight with a notorious gang of cripples. Everyone in my party except me was drinking heavily(one character was one drink away from a coma, because she was drinking for three straight days) My character never drinks alcohol. We beat the cripples with everyone stealing kills from my drow rogue. We found a baseball which we thought was an orb of Bev the jellyfish goddess(the most powerful god in the pantheon. Then we burnt down the tavern with the first known Molotov cocktail. We also found a naked wizard passed out drunk outside of the bar. Then we killed the only guard in the town and stole his gear. Then Bev came down, blessed the baseball, and teleported us to a goblin cave where they worshiped a bad god that they were gonna bring back. Our Warlock shot his crossbow at some goblins on a bridge and he missed driving the bolt into the bridge, I shot my short bow at his bolt, hit it, driving the bolt deeper into the bridge, rolled a perfect 100 on % dice making the bridge crash down into the lava, then I rolled a percentage dice to determine how many goblins I killed and rolled another perfect 100 on %dice, killing like 15 goblins.

I think ur dm was drunk lol. Thats not even how rolls work xD
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:01:03 PM
At 12/10/2015 2:55:11 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

If you can make it every sunday message zaradi. Hell help u make a sheet. The only req i have is to have a mic n write a backstory
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:03:06 PM
At 12/10/2015 3:01:03 PM, Mikal wrote:

If you can make it every sunday message zaradi. Hell help u make a sheet. The only req i have is to have a mic n write a backstory

Okay, I'll talk to you this sunday then.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:10:26 PM
Map

How did you make this?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 5:08:47 PM
At 12/10/2015 3:03:06 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
At 12/10/2015 3:01:03 PM, Mikal wrote:

Okay, I'll talk to you this sunday then.

Message zaradi prior to that. Youll need to set it uo before that