Total Posts:137|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Office Mafia Day Phase #5

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 10:47:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Rules: http://www.debate.org...

Alive Players:

1. SportsGuru
6. tvellalott
8. Kinesis
9. Chrysippus
10. sac8
14. oceanix
15. Vi_Veri
16. JBlake

Graveyard:

13. xxdarkxx
2. theLwerd
5. Korashk
12. BQP
3. Alex
11. mongoose
4. Innomen
7. Leafrod

5 Votes needed to lynch. DP ends 9 October 6pm GMT
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 11:13:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is the list Panda gave at the beginning of the last day phase:

Alive Players:

1. SportsGuru
6. tvellalott
8. Kinesis
9. Chrysippus
10. sac8
14. oceanix
15. Vi_Veri
16. JBlake

Graveyard:

13. xxdarkxx
2. theLwerd
5. Korashk
12. BQP
3. Alex
11. mongoose
4. Innomen
7. Leafrod
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 11:14:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 11:13:49 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
This is the list Panda gave at the beginning of the last day phase:

Alive Players:

1. SportsGuru
6. tvellalott
8. Kinesis
9. Chrysippus
10. sac8
14. oceanix
15. Vi_Veri
16. JBlake

Graveyard:

13. xxdarkxx
2. theLwerd
5. Korashk
12. BQP
3. Alex
11. mongoose
4. Innomen
7. Leafrod

And nothing is wrong.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 11:19:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Notice how last day phase ended in No Lynch. That means that no one new would be added to the Graveyard based on the day phase.

Last night, we can assume that no one was killed either because there is no one mentioned as dead from last night's actions.

We know that SG is the vig. He was probably role blocked.

Get this. Last night phase, I decided TO PROTECT MYSELF. THE MAFIA MUST HAVE TARGETED ME LAST NIGHT, BECAUSE NO ONE HAS BEEN REPORTED AS DEAD. Remember my role? The first time the person I protect is targeted (which is me for both cases, since I protected myself last night), both me and the attacker will live. Then, I will lose my ability to protect.

THIS MEANS THAT I WAS TARGETED LAST NIGHT BY THE MAFIA. I USED MY ROLE TO PREVENT IT. This proves (at least to me) THAT I AM THE BODYGUARD.

Vote JBlake

There is only one weird thing. I thought it would have been stupid for JBlake and the rest of the mafia to target me during the night, because it would mean that the town would know that I am the Bodyguard due to the role reveal in the Graveyard the following day.

Nevertheless, JBlake is guilty.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 11:19:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 11:14:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/13/2010 11:13:49 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
This is the list Panda gave at the beginning of the last day phase:

Alive Players:

1. SportsGuru
6. tvellalott
8. Kinesis
9. Chrysippus
10. sac8
14. oceanix
15. Vi_Veri
16. JBlake

Graveyard:

13. xxdarkxx
2. theLwerd
5. Korashk
12. BQP
3. Alex
11. mongoose
4. Innomen
7. Leafrod

And nothing is wrong.

I know. I was trying to establish a fact to create suspense for my next post.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 12:06:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Kinesis is online and has posted in another mafia game thread.

He should post in this one. I'd like to see what he has to say. (Though I still think he is mafia.)
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 12:11:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
JBlake is mafia, and I'm pretty sure Kinsesis is as well.

He has posted in this misc forum, and has posted in the forum for DDO. Avoidance is not doing you well at this point. (Waits for Kinesis to attempt a futile effort at pointing the finger at me.)
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 12:19:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 12:11:42 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
JBlake is mafia, and I'm pretty sure Kinsesis is as well.

He has posted in this misc forum, and has posted in the forum for DDO. Avoidance is not doing you well at this point. (Waits for Kinesis to attempt a futile effort at pointing the finger at me.)

I would never have picked this user name if I'd realised how impossible it is apparently for people to spell it. >.>

Vote TL JBlake.

I am now convinced of your innocence, SAC. I hope I can persuade you of the same.
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 12:26:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 12:19:10 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 10/13/2010 12:11:42 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
JBlake is mafia, and I'm pretty sure Kinsesis is as well.

He has posted in this misc forum, and has posted in the forum for DDO. Avoidance is not doing you well at this point. (Waits for Kinesis to attempt a futile effort at pointing the finger at me.)

I would never have picked this user name if I'd realised how impossible it is apparently for people to spell it. >.>


You and me both, Kenesis... :P

Vote TL JBlake.

I am now convinced of your innocence, SAC. I hope I can persuade you of the same.

Well, you are pretty much cleared of suspicion in my mind, SAC8. Apparently we didn't lose anything by the day phase timing out, either.

Now, as I said last time, VTL JBlake.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 12:34:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Kinesis, if you notice, I did spell your name correctly in another post. I simply inserted an extra "s" in the one you mentioned.

C, I will just say that it is easier to refer to you as "C."
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 12:50:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 12:34:22 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Kinesis, if you notice, I did spell your name correctly in another post. I simply inserted an extra "s" in the one you mentioned.

C, I will just say that it is easier to refer to you as "C."

Yeah, pretty much!
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:31:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 11:19:01 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Notice how last day phase ended in No Lynch. That means that no one new would be added to the Graveyard based on the day phase.

Last night, we can assume that no one was killed either because there is no one mentioned as dead from last night's actions.

We know that SG is the vig. He was probably role blocked.

Get this. Last night phase, I decided TO PROTECT MYSELF. THE MAFIA MUST HAVE TARGETED ME LAST NIGHT, BECAUSE NO ONE HAS BEEN REPORTED AS DEAD. Remember my role? The first time the person I protect is targeted (which is me for both cases, since I protected myself last night), both me and the attacker will live. Then, I will lose my ability to protect.

THIS MEANS THAT I WAS TARGETED LAST NIGHT BY THE MAFIA. I USED MY ROLE TO PREVENT IT. This proves (at least to me) THAT I AM THE BODYGUARD.

Vote JBlake

There is only one weird thing. I thought it would have been stupid for JBlake and the rest of the mafia to target me during the night, because it would mean that the town would know that I am the Bodyguard due to the role reveal in the Graveyard the following day.

Nevertheless, JBlake is guilty.

You are lying, and now everyone should know it. I asked Panda if I could protect myself and he said no, and that he never lets protective roles protect themselves.

If anyone still playing has had a protective role in a game with PandaMod before, then you can vouch for this fact and see that SAC8 is lying.

I don't know why anything has changed and you now view SAC8 as innocent. What exactly happened? There was no kill last night. He didn't target sportsguru because I was protecting him and nothing happened. Obviously he just didn't kill anyone so that he could use this plan to make me appear guilty.

If I was mafia I would not have killed SAC8 for the simple fact that he is my biggest opponent in the the day phase. Not only that, but we claimed the same role. His death would assure my death today. Why would I have targeted him? It just makes no logical or strategic sense.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:33:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 1:31:03 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 10/13/2010 11:19:01 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
You are lying, and now everyone should know it. I asked Panda if I could protect myself and he said no, and that he never lets protective roles protect themselves.

If anyone still playing has had a protective role in a game with PandaMod before, then you can vouch for this fact and see that SAC8 is lying.

Can anyone vouch for this? I'm seeing it as desperate.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:38:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 1:33:45 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 10/13/2010 1:31:03 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 10/13/2010 11:19:01 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
You are lying, and now everyone should know it. I asked Panda if I could protect myself and he said no, and that he never lets protective roles protect themselves.

If anyone still playing has had a protective role in a game with PandaMod before, then you can vouch for this fact and see that SAC8 is lying.

Can anyone vouch for this? I'm seeing it as desperate.

He is desperate. I can prove it. I specifically asked Panda at the beginning of the game if I could protect myself, and he said yes.

Plus, I have been a bodyguard in a couple of games before, and I was allowed to protect myself. I'll get my copy / paste.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:40:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Saturday, September 18, 2010 @ 1:38:40 PMPosted by:I-am-a-panda
15-year old male in Dublin, ---Cities (A-F)---, Ireland.
Debates: 80
Wins: 67.95%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Other
Online: 1 Hour AgoI-am-a-panda
I need a confirm.
Saturday, September 18, 2010 @ 2:02:18 PMPosted by:studentathletechristian8
17-year old male in Boca Raton, Florida, United States.
Debates: 126
Wins: 79.67%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Undecided
Online: Right Nowstudentathletechristian8
Confirmed.
Saturday, September 18, 2010 @ 2:02:45 PMPosted by:studentathletechristian8
17-year old male in Boca Raton, Florida, United States.
Debates: 126
Wins: 79.67%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Undecided
Online: Right Nowstudentathletechristian8
May I protect myself?
Saturday, September 18, 2010 @ 2:03:16 PMPosted by:I-am-a-panda
15-year old male in Dublin, ---Cities (A-F)---, Ireland.
Debates: 80
Wins: 67.95%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Other
Online: 1 Hour AgoI-am-a-panda
Sure
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:45:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wondered at first why you (JBlake, the mafioso) would want to get rid of me even though it would essentially put you at risk for being lynched.

I then figured that you were able to convince almost everyone yesterday that I was a mafioso. You know that you have the power to persuade people in this game. You could easily have come up with an excuse during this day phase as to why you should not be considered mafioso. It's not hard for you to do that.

Like prior mafia games, I was able to alert the fellow townies about what really is happening. I was the only one able to stop you and call you out on your bullsh!t. If it wasn't for me, this game would probably be over and result in a mafioso victory.

Essentially, you and your mafioso buddy determined that it is too detrimental for you to have me around any longer. I was the force that stopped your plan from working, and I'm the only one who was consistent in wanting to get you lynched.

You know how to persuade people in this game, almost in every circumstance. Face it, you couldn't have moved on in this game without me killed.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:49:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Thursday, September 23, 2010 @ 3:46:34 PMPosted by:studentathletechristian8
17-year old male in Boca Raton, Florida, United States.
Debates: 126
Wins: 79.67%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Undecided
Online: Right Nowstudentathletechristian8
I will protect myself tonight.
Friday, September 24, 2010 @ 10:41:28 AMPosted by:I-am-a-panda
15-year old male in Dublin, ---Cities (A-F)---, Ireland.
Debates: 80
Wins: 67.95%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Other
Online: 1 Hour AgoI-am-a-panda
Ok.
Monday, September 27, 2010 @ 3:39:05 PMPosted by:studentathletechristian8
17-year old male in Boca Raton, Florida, United States.
Debates: 126
Wins: 79.67%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Undecided
Online: Right Nowstudentathletechristian8
I will protect myself tonight.
Saturday, October 02, 2010 @ 8:47:18 AMPosted by:studentathletechristian8
17-year old male in Boca Raton, Florida, United States.
Debates: 126
Wins: 79.67%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Undecided
Online: Right Nowstudentathletechristian8
I will protect myself tonight.
Sunday, October 03, 2010 @ 6:51:05 AMPosted by:I-am-a-panda
15-year old male in Dublin, ---Cities (A-F)---, Ireland.
Debates: 80
Wins: 67.95%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Other
Online: 1 Hour AgoI-am-a-panda
Gotcha
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:50:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Sunday, October 10, 2010 @ 11:05:06 AMPosted by:studentathletechristian8
17-year old male in Boca Raton, Florida, United States.
Debates: 126
Wins: 79.67%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Undecided
Online: Right Nowstudentathletechristian8
I'd like to protect myself tonight.
Sunday, October 10, 2010 @ 11:06:16 AMPosted by:I-am-a-panda
15-year old male in Dublin, ---Cities (A-F)---, Ireland.
Debates: 80
Wins: 67.95%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Other
Online: 1 Hour AgoI-am-a-panda
Gotcha
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:50:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 1:45:42 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
You know how to persuade people in this game, almost in every circumstance. Face it, you couldn't have moved on in this game without me killed.

Thank you for the compliments. But you overestimate me, I think. If I was actually mafia, nothing could convince the town that I was innocent if you were killed and came up with the role that I CCed. There is no way around that. So we are back to square one where, f I were mafia, it would be stupid of me to target you.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:52:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 1:50:39 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 10/13/2010 1:45:42 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
You know how to persuade people in this game, almost in every circumstance. Face it, you couldn't have moved on in this game without me killed.

Thank you for the compliments. But you overestimate me, I think. If I was actually mafia, nothing could convince the town that I was innocent if you were killed and came up with the role that I CCed. There is no way around that. So we are back to square one where, f I were mafia, it would be stupid of me to target you.

That's where you are trying to down-play yourself. I know that you could have easily come up with some sort of excuse.

Face it, I have essentially proven at this point that I am the Bodyguard. Panda would not give two bodyguards in this game.

Heck, one reason you did this last night could have been to try to prove your innocence in that regard during this day phase.

Face it, you are a mafioso. Whatever your reasons, it is clear that you are a member of the mafia.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:53:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Plus, all it took for you was a couple of posts to convince the town that I was a mafioso. It had a good chance of ending the game.

If you could do all that with a couple of posts, imagine what you could do to persuade people today.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 1:56:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 1:52:38 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/13/2010 1:50:39 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 10/13/2010 1:45:42 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
You know how to persuade people in this game, almost in every circumstance. Face it, you couldn't have moved on in this game without me killed.

Thank you for the compliments. But you overestimate me, I think. If I was actually mafia, nothing could convince the town that I was innocent if you were killed and came up with the role that I CCed. There is no way around that. So we are back to square one where, f I were mafia, it would be stupid of me to target you.

That's where you are trying to down-play yourself. I know that you could have easily come up with some sort of excuse.

Face it, I have essentially proven at this point that I am the Bodyguard. Panda would not give two bodyguards in this game.

Heck, one reason you did this last night could have been to try to prove your innocence in that regard during this day phase.

Face it, you are a mafioso. Whatever your reasons, it is clear that you are a member of the mafia.

Notice how he did no address the issue - that it would be counter to my interest, if I was mafia, to target him. He just keeps deflecting away by suggesting that it is clear that I am mafia.

Look how fast he jumped online to unfold his plan.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 2:00:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 1:53:49 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Plus, all it took for you was a couple of posts to convince the town that I was a mafioso. It had a good chance of ending the game.

If you could do all that with a couple of posts, imagine what you could do to persuade people today.

You grossly overestimate me, haha. If I had that ability, I would think that I would be able to persuade them of your guilt RIGHT NOW given all of the facts and evidence that basically PROVES you are mafia. If I can't convince them with all of this evidence, how would I convince them after that. haha
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 2:01:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 1:56:02 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 10/13/2010 1:52:38 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/13/2010 1:50:39 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 10/13/2010 1:45:42 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
You know how to persuade people in this game, almost in every circumstance. Face it, you couldn't have moved on in this game without me killed.

Thank you for the compliments. But you overestimate me, I think. If I was actually mafia, nothing could convince the town that I was innocent if you were killed and came up with the role that I CCed. There is no way around that. So we are back to square one where, f I were mafia, it would be stupid of me to target you.

That's where you are trying to down-play yourself. I know that you could have easily come up with some sort of excuse.

Face it, I have essentially proven at this point that I am the Bodyguard. Panda would not give two bodyguards in this game.

Heck, one reason you did this last night could have been to try to prove your innocence in that regard during this day phase.

Face it, you are a mafioso. Whatever your reasons, it is clear that you are a member of the mafia.

Notice how he did no address the issue - that it would be counter to my interest, if I was mafia, to target him. He just keeps deflecting away by suggesting that it is clear that I am mafia.

Look how fast he jumped online to unfold his plan.

I did not avoid the issue. Actually, you avoided most of the issues I discussed. You do realize that I came up with a reason as to why it may have been a plan of yours to do something like that during the night phase, right?

How quickly I jumped online? I've been online for a while. You, sir, are mafia. Admit it.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 3:06:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
God damn it.
I hate these sort of counter-claims.
I'm on the fence with this one.
Are we at MislYnch and LOse?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 3:10:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 3:06:19 PM, tvellalott wrote:
God damn it.
I hate these sort of counter-claims.
I'm on the fence with this one.
Are we at MislYnch and LOse?

It's pretty clear that JBlake is mafia.

Two people who were completely against me last day phase (Kinesis and C) now understand that I am a townie by what happened last night phase and by my c/p.

It's obvious (it has been obvious) that JBlake is mafia.

Vote for JBlake.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 3:19:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 3:10:17 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/13/2010 3:06:19 PM, tvellalott wrote:
God damn it.
I hate these sort of counter-claims.
I'm on the fence with this one.
Are we at MislYnch and LOse?

It's pretty clear that JBlake is mafia.

Two people who were completely against me last day phase (Kinesis and C) now understand that I am a townie by what happened last night phase and by my c/p.

It's obvious (it has been obvious) that JBlake is mafia.

Vote for JBlake.

>:O
What's obvious to you isn't obvious to me.
You claim you protected yourself and you were the target of the mafia.
JB claims he protected someone different and they were the target of the mafia.
Based on that alone, I'd say you were more likely to be telling the truth. That said, it isn't really enough to lynch just yet.
I was on your side yesterday, if you remember, but now I'm not so sure.
Is there something I've missed?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2010 3:46:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/13/2010 3:19:56 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/13/2010 3:10:17 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/13/2010 3:06:19 PM, tvellalott wrote:
God damn it.
I hate these sort of counter-claims.
I'm on the fence with this one.
Are we at MislYnch and LOse?

It's pretty clear that JBlake is mafia.

Two people who were completely against me last day phase (Kinesis and C) now understand that I am a townie by what happened last night phase and by my c/p.

It's obvious (it has been obvious) that JBlake is mafia.

Vote for JBlake.

>:O
What's obvious to you isn't obvious to me.
You claim you protected yourself and you were the target of the mafia.
JB claims he protected someone different and they were the target of the mafia.
Based on that alone, I'd say you were more likely to be telling the truth. That said, it isn't really enough to lynch just yet.
I was on your side yesterday, if you remember, but now I'm not so sure.
Is there something I've missed?

There should be something you're missing. You may want to read this day phase over again. Kinesis and C were all anti-SAC8 last day phase, and now they understand that I am townie. I don't know why you don't get it.