At 12/25/2015 5:17:05 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 12/25/2015 11:38:54 AM, Smithereens wrote:
who the fvck is this guy..?

A very confused little boy.

+1

Watch his economic ladder video.

https://www.youtube.com...

"I don't agree so it's bad"
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:02:16 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
He doesn't understand the point of making drugs illegal. It's not to inflict pain on people for the heck of it, it's to discourage people from taking drugs in the first place as well as to provide law enforcement with the means to combat their dissemination and use, and to give the government the option of containing addicts who might be dangerous to society. He says that "if drugs are really so bad then people don't need to be discouraged from taking them". Drug addicts are often well aware of the downsides and want to quit but can't because the drugs have consumed their lives, which is exactly why drugs are so destructive.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 1:00:46 AM
At 12/25/2015 7:10:57 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Rodriguez? No, I don't have a YouTube channel.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 1:31:00 AM
At 12/25/2015 10:02:16 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
He doesn't understand the point of making drugs illegal. It's not to inflict pain on people for the heck of it, it's to discourage people from taking drugs in the first place as well as to provide law enforcement with the means to combat their dissemination and use, and to give the government the option of containing addicts who might be dangerous to society. He says that "if drugs are really so bad then people don't need to be discouraged from taking them". Drug addicts are often well aware of the downsides and want to quit but can't because the drugs have consumed their lives, which is exactly why drugs are so destructive.

I agree. Potent perception/mind-altering drugs or drugs that can seriously compromise one's health need to remain illegal, unless they have a genuine medicinal purpose, in which case the buyer should have a prescription to attain them.