Jump to topic:

Better sites for better minds

Anon_Mouse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 1:26:22 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I came here looking for Intelligent debate but from scanning through for the last couple days I see mostly playground nonsense. So would like people to suggest a site where I can find that. thx
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 1:33:23 AM
At 12/27/2015 1:26:22 AM, Anon_Mouse wrote:
I came here looking for Intelligent debate but from scanning through for the last couple days I see mostly playground nonsense. So would like people to suggest a site where I can find that. thx

This site just as any site will contain a whole spectrum of debaters with different levels of skill, knowledge, critical thinking skills etc etc.

Seek and you shall find..............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 1:39:26 PM

Um you will not find what you are looking for anywhere on the internet. I am surprised you haven't figured that out yet.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 1:42:17 PM
At 12/27/2015 1:39:26 PM, sadolite wrote:

Um you will not find what you are looking for anywhere on the internet. I am surprised you haven't figured that out yet.

I don't care what you talk about it will always be reduced to the least common denominator that humanity has to offer. You could talk about rocket science and by the time you are done you will be a homophobe or what ever term they use for not approving of homosexuality
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:03:49 PM

Well thats not true. There is one site i know of... The difference between them and us is that they enforce rules.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 9:01:21 PM

LOL you've been speaking the truth lately.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 9:30:17 PM
At 12/27/2015 8:03:49 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Well thats not true. There is one site i know of... The difference between them and us is that they enforce rules.

Yep, I've found sites like that too. They have strict no idiot rules. If you violate the don't be an idiot rule, you're gone. The rule is subjective, but we all intuitively know what it means, so the rule is enforced and intelligent discussion, reigns supreme
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 10:12:19 PM
At 12/27/2015 9:01:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:

LOL you've been speaking the truth lately.

I always speak the truth. I am right even when I am wrong. IE: the person I thought said it didn't really say it but what was said is still the truth. I have been guilty of this a few times. I have no interest in political agenda's, only the truth and how things are in the real world.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 10:15:51 PM
At 12/27/2015 9:30:17 PM, Wylted wrote:

Yep, I've found sites like that too. They have strict no idiot rules. If you violate the don't be an idiot rule, you're gone. The rule is subjective, but we all intuitively know what it means, so the rule is enforced and intelligent discussion, reigns supreme

What and where are these sites (Links please) Both the OP and I would like to know about these sites

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 10:34:46 PM

http://www.edeb8.com...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Anon_Mouse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:21:20 PM
At 12/27/2015 10:34:46 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

http://www.edeb8.com...

Thank you.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:14:11 AM
At 12/27/2015 9:30:17 PM, Wylted wrote:

Yes... And it's not that bad. Really getting to lay back and really enjoy a serious topic.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 8:47:58 AM
This is a pretty good site overall. I find some of the debates a bit too deep but you can pick and choose. Sometimes things get a bit raw and heated but thats my cue to quietly withdraw.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 9:59:40 PM
Only one site out of millions made the list. LOL